Subaru Challenge Atlanta! CANCELED

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Muwahahaha, I entered the same class as last year. So does my gt30 put me in a diff class? It's probably legal to do slicks, cf body on tube chassis with jet packs in my correct class now. I'll update my reg when I'm sure I know which one to change to.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

turbo upgrade should put u in SM i believe

3. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Jay beat Matt in my STI a few weeks ago, now everybody wants to drive my car ;)

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Registered!

5. Trey

Trey Active Member

Nope, just ask Will. :p

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

woah... guess who's back from the dead ;)

see ya at the challenge buddy :)

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

;) Haha. I'll be around much more now...left my consulting job which was consuming too much of time away from my wife, Atlanta and all the things I love. I'm starting a new job on Monday, Aug. 7th in Atlanta, full-time. :)

8. Meredith

Meredith Banned

C'mon people gainsville has 100 people registered so far and it's three weeks after the atlanta event. There are only 37 people registered thus far. You don't see Mitsubishi or Mazda putting on autoxs for their owners! With a club as large as this one there is should be a shortage of open spots left!

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

We do need a helment for this correct?

10. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I think they'll have loaners, ( someone confirm) but I think I'll buy my own since I cringe when I rent bowling shoes, and they dont go on my face.

11. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

There will DEFINITELY be loaners. I'm sure that Joel, and/or other official SCCA people are monitoring this thread. If the normal loaner supply is not going to be there, I can bring the 5 loaners I have for my schools.

SS

12. heathbar

heathbar Member

Um... two things:
    1) When I try to sign up it says $35 instead of $30.
    2) Having never autoX'ed before, I don't know what class I'm in. I tried to look it up, but can't figure it out. By October I will have header, uppipe, TBE w/ high flow cat, EBCS, Cobb AP tuned by SS, and springs.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I'm also tring to find out what class im in I think its street touring but not sure I have up, tbe catless. everything else is stock.

14. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Going catless puts you in ESP, as the ST classes require a cat. You could just run SM, since it is a larger class.

--
    Brian

As long as you don't have a BOV, you would be in ESP.

--
    Brian

15. heathbar

heathbar Member

^^^ my TXS exhaust has a high flow cat, does that make a difference?

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

from what i read up in the rules, street prepared requires all FACTORY catalytic converters... brain, can you clarify this?

17. heathbar

heathbar Member

^^^ Yeah, I think you're right. ESP it is.

18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I'm in! but it did say $35

19. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

no cats required for SP classes:

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im a dumbass and brian just clarified that :D

actually i meant to say street touring

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I signed up under sm so will they change accordingly

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

they wont change it... u need to make changes if needed

23. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

Milo - is your car a STi? If so, you are legal in BSP. If it is a non-Sti WRX then it goes in ESP.

Sorry - I haven't been in this thread for a while as I can't make the event. Also, I'm only "official" as in officially retired :wiggle:

There are loaner helmets in our trailer that will be available for use at no charge.

BOVs were legalized in SP this year. It was a Fastrack addition in May or June (hence the reason my car has had one since then).

Street touring allows high flow cats within a certain distance of the OEM cat location. Basically most every high flow cat exhaust is ST legal, but a catless exhaust would put you in SP or above.

It was allowed in SP this year. Here's the Fastrack that listed it: http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/06-4-fastrack.pdf

Page 14. It was clarified to be part of the air intake system, and therefore it wasn't a rule change that had to be delayed until the 2007 ruleset. ;)

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thanks joel

25. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Ah, thanks for the info. I missed this addition.

Did you get your turbo seal fixed and get your car running again?

--
    Brian

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You should be in Street Mod, because of the AP tuned by SS. If yoyu change your boost levels, that automatically bumps you to street mod.

27. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Nope, you can have increased boost in the SP classes this year.

--
    Brian

28. heathbar

heathbar Member

Anybody know about the $30 instead of $35?

29. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I just signed up and am in SM (clutch, flywheel, swaybars, ecutek so boost+, tires, rims, mounts, and before then i'll have a whole new suspension).

I am very excited for this event!

30. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I'm running a high flow catted turboback and cobb stage 2 map on my AP, and my suspension is stock. I initially registered SM but I think I need to change it to ST.

Does this sound correct?

I will probably be adding front/rear sways, springs and ss lines soon.

Would this change the class I would run in?

31. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

You can't run increased boost in STU, so you would be in BSP. The sways, springs, lines are all legal in STU and BSP. If you can run an STU map on your AP, you can run STU. (assuming your boost controller stuff is STU legal)

--
    Brian

32. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

Fouled web programming?

I just tried to register. I got as far as the PayPal payment step. When I told it to pay, I got a stinking database constraint error. How will I know whether I was registered?

DD

Woop!

I looked at the entry list, and I'm in there!

I have ProDrive Springs, front and rear sways, with Yokohama ES 100s (280 tread wear, if the web search is right). I'm using a Cobb AccessPort ECM mapping. Hawk HPS brake pads. I put myself in STX. The rules are intricate enough that I probably got it wrong. Correct me.

DD

33. heathbar

heathbar Member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that's confused by the class rankings.

34. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

So if I load a stock real-time map on my ECU can I race in the STU class?

35. revel

revel Member

i registered in SM since i wasnt sure if i fit anywhere else. is SM the only class i fit in?

2000 RS coupe with STi swap headers/up-pipe/downpipe/catback running off the stock ECU (non-reflashed). suspension mods are coilovers/swaybars/strut bars/JDM STi everything else including RA nonABS brakes.

36. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yep, SM is the place to be. Sounds like a sweet ride, looking forward to see it out there.

--
    Brian

Based on what I have seen on the SCCA forum, the AP should be fine with the STU map on the car, as long as there are no other mods on the car that are no good for STU.

--
    Brian

37. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

I just want to say thanks to BrianGT and others for helping everyone with their classification.

38. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Hey guys, can everyone who has already registered for the Subaru Challenge PM Me, also, as everyone else registers please PM me. I would like to start a list on the OP to keep track of how many entries we will have.

39. heathbar

heathbar Member

How come I'm the only one in ESP? I would think there would be others with Cobb stage 2.5. Should I just change it to SM since there's 16 people in that class? Thanks! :wavey:

40. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yeah thats the class I was thinkin I belong in I mean jezze going up against swaped sti's with suspension lighter frame dont seem to fair with the mods I have.:ddirty:

41. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

more people will sign up as the date comes closer... stay in your class... u will still be racing with other groups... only your times will be compared to those in ESP

42. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

No, don't change. I will be in ESP with you. I am just waiting for some $.

43. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

bump

44. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I'm going to sign up, but I'll have to wait until I have some cash before I can. I'm uber ridiculously broke. Hopefully spots will still be open by the end of the month.

PS, is there a novice class?

45. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

What class would you be in if you ran a catless turboback exhaust and 8inch wide rims with 245 tires? It seems like SM1 right?

46. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

It would be an SP class. ESP for WRX, BSP for STI and possibly FSP for a legacy.

Of course, most people are now in SM, so you could just run in SM with anyone else. That is basically a catch-all class for non-stripped cars.

--
    Brian

47. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

sign me up im just hope that my stuff gets here before than

48. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

uhoh! the ghost!

49. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

is there a link that soemone could provide with auto-x images that I could "officially" use in this poster since I don't personally own any?

50. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if you type 'wrx autocross'/'subaru autocross'/etc. in google images, you will get a ton of hits