Subaru Challenge Atlanta! CANCELED

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, Jun 14, 2006.

1. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

cool thanks bro...just didn't want to infringe on any copywright laws, but I guess that's not a concern :coolugh:

2. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Hehe

I met a guy that thought images.google.com was a source was a site for public domain images. There's no telling how many times he infringed on copyrighted stuff.

3. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

#3, I can send you some Autocross pics I have taken if that would help...

4. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

Are there any auto-x's close by to practice @ before the challenge?

6. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

SCCA points event this sunday at GCFG
    BMWCCA event the following sunday

and a few more SCCA events before the event.

--
    Brian

:bump:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Thanks man!!! I think I found a work around though...

Edit: What happened to the poster submissions in the first post?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  8. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

9. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

That is the other thread in Latest Spin that you are referring to:
    http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8193

--
    Brian

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah I was really surprised at how high res those photos were....definitely had to reference a few.....are you working on one as well after all?

11. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

Remember that the STi was moved from ESP to BSP this year, so you won't have to run against any of those.

12. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

There are SCCA events on 9/3 (Turner Field) and 9/10 (Atlanta Motor Speedway) before the Challenge. You can find more info and registration for those events at www.soloatlanta.com

13. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah, i'm gonna squeeze somethin' in. ;)

14. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

What is wrong with you guys? How come the numbers are soo low for this event? Sign up! :)

--
    Brian

15. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

ok, i am all Registered up....
    now, anyone have a place i can crash the night before, savannah is quite a ways from atlanta :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  16. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

I am getting a hotel room at the Days Inn. It was only like $50 something for the doublex event. The room was okay. I will probably be there again this time as well.

17. WrxConedodger

WrxConedodger New Member

I haven't been able to make a commitment to this yet but I don't think going will be a problem. I deffinetly want to go and so does my wife so it should be a no brainer. I will register as soon as I am able.

Is the Savannah contingent going to ride up together?

18. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

if we can get more people interested, sure.
    i wouldn't mind forming a caravan to head that way, even if nobody else wants to tag along.

hopefully some of the guys will see this and decide to enter or just hang out.

19. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I signed up this afternoon and I am in SM...I hope that is correct. I read the different classes and that seemed like the right one..

Mark

20. clemsonscooby

How come we can't post tire sizes and manufacturers in the registration? Its kind of fun to see what people are running.

21. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Mere is running 245/45-17 v710s on her STi, and I am going to co-drive Stephen's car with his old stocker RE070s.

--
    Brian

22. clemsonscooby

245/45/16 Hoosiers R3S04

23. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I got Jay as my co-driver again! Time to get my @ss kicked again ;)

24. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Add me to the list also..I signed up a few days ago under SM...

Mark:)

25. clemsonscooby

26. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

:bump:

need more signups. The Gainesville event has 131 signups, while the Atlanta event is only at 51... I am worried if we don't fill it up, they will move it somewhere else next year that has more appreciation for autoXing Subarus.

--
    Brian

27. clemsonscooby

Count me as two then, because I have huge appreciation for autox'ing Subarus. Brian is right though, but I think this forum has already about covered all the autox'ers besides the people that are waiting for some $.

Has this been posted in the other larger forums?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  28. techlord

techlord Active Member

25 out of more than 800 members, that seems pathetic, we need to represent!!! What is 35 bucks....I can blow that in less than 30 minutes in a bar!!

29. jayscoobiedoo

jayscoobiedoo New Member

Im in as well , just signed up

30. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

For sure, especially with the support SOA has been giving us lately.

31. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

i know alot of the savannah guys don't autocross...althouhg, i am going to try to get more people motivated to head up there

32. Ava

Ava Member

Just signed up...can't wait!

33. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Bump

34. blink

blink Member

dont think ill be able to make it, my tires wouldn't hold up to the stress, and I'm too poor to buy new ones right now.

35. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

36. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Dude, seriously, it is really like no wear on your tires. You will be running for a total of about 4 minutes, how much damage can you do to your tires in that amount of time, none. At least come hang out if you don't feel like running in the event. Ya got to represent;)

37. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, 4 runs won't kill your tires much at all, unless you are pushing your car way too hard into the turns. If you slow down enough for entry to the turns, your tires will be happy, and you can build up much faster exit speeds, providing better autoX times.

--
    Brian

38. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Slow in .... fast out, so easy a concept yet so hard to perform!

39. Deke

Deke Active Member

I think I'll probably do this. I Haven't autocrossed my car in a couple of years. I'm having trouble finding the class listings though. I was Dstock last time. But I have an AP an an axleback now. What should I register as? I know I probably won't stand a chance of actually placing in whatever class it is(tires are the only suspension mod I have) but it would still be fun.

40. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

Great...the entry lists growing. You said it... don't worry about placing and just have fun. And I don't know anyone who is breathing who wouldn't have fun tossing the car around a little. I believe you would be in ESP.

41. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

bump

42. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Come on people, only 58 people registered for the Atlanta event (1/2 of these not being from WRXatl), while the Gainesville event has been full with 135 people for a while.

Come out and show your support for the Atlanta Subaru community! It won't hurt your car and will only cause minimal wear on your tires for the 4 runs. Also, you get some good freebies from Subaru.

--
    Brian

43. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i couldnt agree more... we have awesome cars that are backed by an awesome company... come out and show your support :)

44. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I just registered.

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sweeeeeeet :bigthumb:

46. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I mean seriously.....are you going to let an underpowered non-turbo newbie take SM class? Sign up make me work for it =P j/k

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll get u a turbo sticker... that will save me embarassment when u whoop my ass in PAX

48. clemsonscooby

I recruited some Subaru's from the CSCC forum. Someone needs to post on HSCC, because they have lots of Subarus.

49. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I know the CSCC is the Clemson Sports Car Club, but what is HSCC?

--
    Brian

50. jayj713

jayj713 Member

hmmm, historic sports car club? LOL dunno -_-