Nopi Nationals

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by FTZ, Jul 18, 2006.

1. fast shadow

fast shadow Member

I'm getting a sunburn just sitting here thinking about how hot it was last year. I want to go because it's always a spectacle but I wasn't even into it anymore after a few hours because it was so f'n hot..

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah, I am sure we will have the tents, hopefully more than 1 like last year. Lots of coolers packed full of gatorade and water.

This year, I would also like to have a cooler or 2 stocked full of beer. A portable grill and burgers and hotdogs and stuff.

3. wrx ky

wrx ky New Member

We will also be bringing a tent.

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

That's an excellent suggestion!!! ....I'll help bring some food/waters but I don't have a grill..

5. suby113

suby113 Member

I want to go as we'll do I pay through WRXATL or on the NOPI website? hey also Has anyone got a meeting place on friday for the savannah group to meet up with the ATL group? not sure how many of the sav group will be going with us.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Pay thru Nopi Website. Just make sure to put Club Name WRXatlanta.

As for the meeting place, are you referring to meeting for the Friday night before Nopi? If so, when we get a little closer, probably beginning of September, we will start planning meeting points and the caravan down there.

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

are we going to be there ALL weekend this time?...j/w

8. X STi C

X STi C New Member

Wooohoo, cant wait!!!

9. suby113

suby113 Member

Ok sounds cool I will have the savannah group with me! can't wait!

10. Sylver

Sylver Member

I don't think Luna's ready for showing off yet, but if someone would let me ride up with 'em and split the cost, I'd love to go!

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

If it is not extremely hot like last year I would like to do the 2 day thing. Last year was just too much.

12. jason

jason Member

I will bring the same one I brought last year. I would suggest some people bring some chairs. I brought 4 last year and they were filled up all day.

13. dsm&asubee

dsm&asubee Member

ill hopefully be there with... the laser more than likely. ill have to find a friggin tranny but i have a while. anyone got a FWD 1G dsm tranny?

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's official. I'll be there with the sponsor. We are raffling off the 500 hp GT35R Civic for $10 a ticket so get one!

The WRX will be inside parked beside the following shop cars: Civic (for raffle), NSX, my slow WRX, and the Evo. Just possibly may have the new S14 240SX there as well. Come by and say hi guys.....I know I will ;)

15. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

cool...i hope you guys raise enough $ with the raffle...I'll buy a couple from you....for $10, why not...:sx:

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

We have to find out first the laws of this raffle deal. I want to say that you have to donate the money off to charity so we need to clear that up first.

Well that'll be one heck of a tax writeoff!

17. suby113

suby113 Member

hey I was just wondering if there has been any more info as to where the savannah chapter can meet up with WRX atlanta on friday night the 15th and on saturday morning the 16th before the show so we can ride in together and hang out? and also park with the rest of the group!

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

We will start planning the caravan down to the event and any meeting plans beginning of September.

19. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

i will be coming up from mobile alabama... any sugestions on where to get a room? ........a cheap room :)

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sup chris... been a while

hopefully one of the southsiders will chime in about accomodation

21. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

what parking area do i select?

SUBARU ALL 96 86 SUBARU VEHICLES ONLY - GRASS
    NORTH ALL 365 289 NORTH LOT - OPEN PARKING (PARK WITH YOUR FRIENDS) - GRASS
    SUBARU ALL 96 86 SUBARU VEHICLES ONLY - GRASS

any reason why there is 2 selections for subaru???

anyone?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  22. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Try anywhere in Stockbridge, Locust Grove, or McDonough. Those will be the closest/safest around.

Not sure about the parking though.

23. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

42.50 for a weekend aint' bad. it sucks no one is spinning though. don't put me down just yet. let me see if i can drag someone. not that my car has shit to show lol.

24. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

If you find out let me know.
    THANKS

If find out let me know.

THANKS

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  25. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

go to car clubs and find wrxatl and enter like that.

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

What he said.

We will be in the Subaru lot.

27. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Nopi Parking

When i do that it shows two places for parking.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

WRXAtl will be in the Subaru section near the drift event.

I myself don't know where we will be. We (Radicals Motorsports) are trying to set up a vendor tent but just may set up our own thing out in the grass field (If they are fine with that). We aren't selling anything but needing to set up a big tent to park the cars under and raffle off the Civic.

29. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

As long as they are only charging you once, I don't think it matters.

30. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Register > Fill out Registration page > Select WRXATLANTA in car club list > Select Subaru > Model > Year > Car Show > Class > Subaru Lot

31. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

thanks guys

32. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Yes I will be bringing the wagon...I need to find 1 more person to go with me...

Mark

33. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I just signed up!

I also bought a pop up tent, so that will be one more!

34. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just a quick reminder for everyone. As of tomorrow, prices for Nopi registration go up $10. If you plan on going, register today to save some cash. We have a decent sized group so far. Lets get some more added to the list.

35. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its moving to $95 for 2?

36. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yes, $95 for the 2 day pass. Price includes 2 tickets, driver and passenger.

37. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

i am signed up :)

38. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

No Milo, No Alex? Where are u mods!

39. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

i am driving up friday morning to get tuned by Scott on some meth :p

40. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Dewd, its expensive, I need to get paid first :sx:

41. jason

jason Member

I signed up Monday.

42. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You need to get on it man, you are the Godfather, you need to be there to represent. Milo too. Weapon, WRX-WRC (You got a hot Suby now), GTScoob, BelvnAWD (You haven't been out much since the baby, you should be allowed a day or two off), Genya (bring out the L), Lostinthewoods.

Come on guys, we need to represent. Last year was so fun, I know you all want to come out again.

43. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

i am driving all the way from south Alabama and you guys live there.......pathetic :)

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Heh I'm driving all the way from the SC/NC border. May not be in the WRXAtlanta group but the car will be there with WRXAtlanta.com stickers on the rear door windows.

45. s2kbrian

s2kbrian Member

i will be there. just signed up.

46. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

money is kinda tight right now but I'm definitely not gonna miss this, is there a possibility of waiting too long and not getting a spot with you guys?

47. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I don't think so. I don't think we have a set amount of spaces, and if it is anything like last year, there will be plenty of space available.

48. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

i am crashing at Days Inn Atlanta/Marietta where ever that is i will be there for a tune by scott on friday if anyone wants to meet up

49. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^+1 on that too!

50. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have a big submission due that weekend... im gonna try to finish up before hand so i can make it to nopi