21 people arrested plotting to blow up airliners

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Aug 10, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Check out the news today. 21 people arrested by the brits. If you're flying today, you can carry no liquids of any kind onboard (including toothpaste) and you better put your car key fobs in checked luggage. And get there four hours early.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Yea that is crazy. I was listening to Bortz talking about it this morning.

3. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

crazy stuff. I am glad that I am not travelling now!

4. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I went from carrying on everything, to ckecking everything.

We received a work memo about this and the one red and highlighted item the list of no-no's was the key fob.

5. Just to add to this news. I find it great that they (the brits) are going to start profiling for people that fit the terrorist profile instead of searching random people in the hopes that they wont offend anyone... Yep, that means Arabs will be searched in the brit airports instead of little old ladies... Imagine that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,,-6016515,00.html

6. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

the airports are not to bad... The security is wide open just dont carry on the restricted items.... Same ole stuff

7. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I went through with a 7 inch knife and some fireworks i forgot in my backpack. Made it from here to ecuador and back. I have no faith in the "security" anymore. I sweet talked my way past a checkpoint with no passport or ID for my whole family in ecuador by knowing spanish and hitting on the desk lady.

Keep a watchfull eye for packages from south america :)

Seriously though go like 5 hours early or drive if you can. flying = PITA now

8. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I think I'm just going to work on a rocketeer back pack

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I had a huge wrench in my backpack by accident and it didn't get discovered in ATL but did in my little local airport in Rochester....they like pulled me aside and were like "wtf" I was really embarrased, had no clue it was in my bag....

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ugh, here we go again.

Will, are those "special packages" coming from Ecuador?

11. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

are breath mints ok? or are IED breathmints a high priority?
    first we gotta sit next to smelly strangers or kids, now they gotta have stank breath since no toothpaste.
    IEDtos
    The Fleshtaker?

Tic Toks
    the new breath mint
    explosively Powerful!

or will they come down the isles
    sir would you like a breath mint? JIHAD!
    *gasping man*
    oh sorry I have torrets *sp?*

is it just me or does nicolas cage look like a member of the village people in WTC the movie? some reject male stripper. thought it was ok since this is a terrorism thread.

I've got a weird sense of humor.

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i think its rediculous how sick our world has become honestly

13. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Haha actually it was sugar cane alcohol from Ecuador. $3 for two giant handles. I guess terrorists don't make caparillas/mixed drinks so i must be ok

14. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I've always wanted to try that sugar cane stuff

15. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

You live/work anywhere near lenox? :wavey:

16. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

Roswell/Roswell
    work from home
    it's not to far lol
    and I get like 35 miles a gallon which is shitty for my car with an sr20 apparently, twice as much as my lexus got though.