Northpoint 08/17/06

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by baddriver, Aug 14, 2006.

1. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

usually from 9-11ish ...I'm seriously gonna try to be at this :sx:

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I can prolly make it out on the later end.... Last couple of times I went though I didn't see any suby's and just rolled thru, so hopefully we can make a presence again someday...

4. Ava

Ava Member

I was out there last week. I guess a time would be nice as when you all will be out there....I got there and there was no one too.

5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I might show up if the weather is nice

6. Ava

Ava Member

ah! forgot I saw matt and Brian, sorry...Gold fish symdrome.

7. J Suby

J Suby Member

we usually show btw 8:30 and 10:30 i'll def be there yet again

8. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I get there really late typically when the high school kids go home (no offense to the ones that don't suck, you know who you are)

9. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

10. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Member

It was my first time hanging there last Thrusday but some of SELOC goes there. It was very quiet this past Thursday but I had a good time

11. Ava

Ava Member

1sicklex, I was out there last week with my buddies with their s2k and type R, which ones were you? Last thursday was a bad turn out, I think b/c of the weather. Hopefully, this week will be better.

12. J Suby

J Suby Member

i had the silver bugeye out there last week, wasn't out there long b/c of the weather if weather is good this thurs should be a good turnout

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

I was there last week and met some nice folks. Only 1 other subie there(sti also)

14. fsuskppy

fsuskppy Member

Im workin on showin up down there...this will be my first WRXATL/IA meet....I lurk both pages but dont know enough about subarus yet to comment but Ill be there in a 04 Legacy green

15. Drove by last week since i was in area.did not see any subies or anyone over 30 so I kept on going,.

16. J Suby

J Suby Member

i'll def. be there tonight say hey, 02 silver bugeye is me

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

What time is everyone showing up??? I'm going to have to drag my gf along and won't be able to stay that long and I don't want to miss you guys..

18. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I'm not gonna make this one. Since all the kids are going back to school, I am working a little more and in the mornings. I need my sleep so I can make the 6am shift.

19. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I most likely be there about 10....to add to the silver bugeye count...;)

20. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I'll be there don't know what time though in da wrb wagon!

21. jt money

call me when your on your way. i guess ill go up there. :coolugh:

22. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

cool, will do....

23. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

So are we going to have acouple folks tonight i'll turn out but its a long drive for me.

24. jt money

i will be there for shore. comming from 30+ min drive myself.

25. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

I might make it.

26. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I didn't realize that this was not a wrx or subie specific meet. I should have read the post more carefully.

27. jt money

broke up by cops. im not going.

28. WRX n 02

WRX n 02 New Member

The cops eh? so does this meet happen every Thursday??? I'll definitely have to make it to the next one. It'd be nice to meet fellow subbie owners! Looks like tonights weather was perfect for a meet too. anyhow hope all that went had a good time before the cops showed up :cool:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  29. fsuskppy

fsuskppy Member

ah its wasnt busted by the cops...there was just a dude in a s2000 that was driving a little fast on 400 and an off duty called him in an when they showed up everyone ran...they didnt care if we were there

30. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I went at 10:15 and no one was to be found. Next time lets just have dinner somewhere and then go to meet from there.

31. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

the same off duty cop seems to call it in all the time
    this older guy, I know his face well now.
    I say we follow the old guy and call 911 for erratic driving/possible DUI.
    I've been at NP and no one has done anything wrong, and that old guy makes some lame o reason up to break it up.

maybe someone was actually being rowdy on the highway tonight, I don't know, but it seems a lot of times it's just a farce.

32. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Yeah Fareed,Jason and I had some tasty dinner at Friday's

33. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

sheezen I wish I knew that
    oh well next time
    oh ya I need to be introduced/reintroduced to some of you folks. I have CRS with car people bad at times.

34. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I should have gotten your number before hand but I never thought it was gonna get broken up.....but I also haven't been to one of these in a min so....:wiggle: my bad

35. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

check your pm's mofo :p
    and send me your aim

36. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

not really into AIM but maybe I need to get back into it....wrxatlanta is a bad enough habit :keke:

37. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

38. 2LateV8

2LateV8 New Member

Yeah, that was me - in the S2K, I mean, not the off duty. Sorry, all.

39. fsuskppy

fsuskppy Member

yea man...i wasnt call you out or puttin your stuff out there but I just got tired of reading the IA tread and having these kids make up stories of what happend

40. 2LateV8

2LateV8 New Member

It's all good. With 60 or 80 cars there, 3 or 4 cops show up and start checking people out (looking for me), some people might get a little freaked. Let's face it, we've pretty much all been hassled by the cops a time or ten. I didn't know what was up any better than anybody else did, till one came up, pointed at my car and said, "Who drives this?" (I'm thinking: What? Me? Damnit, why's it always gotta be me?)

Anyway, that's the first time I ever emptied a whole freakin' parking lot! Felt a bit bad about that. Attracting cops to a meet is kinda like farting in a crowded movie theater during a slow, quiet scene. "Don't everybody leave now, we're just getting to the good part! Aight. Y'all go. I'll let you know what happened." Anyway, so, excuse me, I guess.

41. J Suby

J Suby Member

ok so what did happen?

42. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

2latev8 do you drive a silver s2k with a wing on the back?

And yeah What did happen cause I got there and the cop was like yall gotta go.

43. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

60-80 cars?
    seems a bit high

44. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Ok, first, gotta ask, but why do we meet up at NP? The cops seem to harass us there quite a bit. The shop owners don't want us there, so why do they continue to meet there?

Andrettis is right down the street, I am sure they would be cooler with us than where we go currently, hell, would probably help Andrettis business. Why don't they move NP to their. Then when the cops come harassing, nobody would have to go anywhere, unless Andretti's doesn't want us there too, which I doubt.

45. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

sounds like a plan, but they can be pissy there also.

only joke here, lets bring bolt cutters and make use of the skid pad lol

46. 2LateV8

2LateV8 New Member

I came up Old Roswell/Rock Mill/Westside to Encore (formerly Center Bridge - cuts down on the SW corner of the mall between the mall and the shopping center with Ross, Michaels, Office Max, etc.). I was behind a Jeep Cherokee, I think it was. I should have paid attention to the Thin Blue Line sticker on the back
    [​IMG]
    but, stupidly, I didn't.

Rock Mill is covered with pot-holes and bad patches, and as long as there's nobody coming the other direction (and I can see headlights around the corners at night), I always ride down the middle to avoid them, and the guy in front of me probably thought I was a real asshole. Then when it widened out at Westside, I passed him, then sped up even more to get around a real slow poke I didn't want to get stuck behind on Encore. The Cherokee sped up to try to hang with me, but I didn't think much it, 'cause it happens all the time. I had just had an Accord do it a few miles back.

So I turn left on Northpoint, goin' 35 with a cop right in front of me. Cop turns left into the mall at the light by the parking deck, I turn right to come to the meet, and Cherokee turns in a little behind me. No big deal, I think, he's coming to check out the cars.

I park, get out, and 2 minutes later a cop pulls up at the other end of the lane I'm in. Then another. Damn, why are they hassling us, I think. Nobody's doing anything wrong. People start taking off. I hear one cop say something about everybody goin' on home. Then he walks straight toward my car and asks who was driving it. (What? Why me?) I say "me", he says "let me see your license." Then he tells me an off-duty officer saw me driving recklessly on Northpoint Parkway. I kinda stared at him, dumbfounded. (Huh? I was behind a cop!) He says something like, "he's already left, so you're getting off lucky, but you know if he wanted to press charges, in court his testimony would be as good as mine." I'm still kinda standing there with a dumb look on my face, and another cop says something about me not taking it seriously, so cop with my license says "wait here", takes my license to his car, and says to the other cops, "get him on the phone, does he want to come back?"

When he came back, he had clarified it with off-duty cop, and by then, it had all clicked in my head anyway (my brain must not have going as fast as my car last night), so I gave him plenty of "yes, sir"s, he told me to slow it down, gave me my license, and I left. (Whew!)

Needless to say, I got the hell out of Alpharetta.

There are pics of the shenanigans on a thread on IA. Check it out: http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=76585&page=4&pp=20#post34874556

This one from that thread is my car, my wife, Pop (Ava), Tim (whom I just met last night), and a couple of other guys:
    [​IMG]

Nah, it's black on black with black wheels. It's in the pics at the IA thread.

Just a guess. Didn't have much time before the cops drew my attention away. I'm thinking there were 15-20 cars per row * 4 or 5 rows. May be an overestimation.

47. 2LateV8

2LateV8 New Member

I whole-heartedly agree! Alpharetta :barf:.

48. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I haven't been following this drama too closely, but if the store owners don't want you there and have expressed so, and people STILL show, by all means you can reasonably expect to get run out of there, and rightfully so...

49. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

that looks like me in da wagon in that first pic wow.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  50. fsuskppy

fsuskppy Member

Thats a sick picture and one sexy subaru (just cause its mine you know)...I noticed the guy over there with a camera but didnt think any thing of it
    [​IMG]