mMmm Stage 2 = weeeEEEeee :D

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by flip, Aug 22, 2006.

1. flip

flip Member

First of all, I'd like to thank Mike with Sakari Motorsports for going way beyond simply being helpful with everythign that I've ordered from him... He's always got great prices, on top of everything and just nice to work with....

So we hooked up my new Cobb AP (yes i finally decided) today, and uploaded the map with no problems. It is freaking SICK :D. The power increase is awesome!! It rained tonight so I couldn't really get on it too hard but It won't keep traction in a straight line WOT in the rain :ddirty: . It runs a lot smoother, idles better and is just nice all around... It pulls SOOO hard on the highway. My boost gauge looks like its hitting just above .11. Does that sound right? Thats in bars, not PSI...

Now that I have it tuned, my check engine light is still on (I kinda assumed that it would leave with the tuning) so do I just need to put in that resistor?

2. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Hmm you might want to pull that cel. If you are running the ap stage 2 most of the O2 sensor cel condidtions should be fixed. I'm not sure but I think you can pull a cel with the ap.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Are you talking .11 MPa?? The stock guage is in MPa not bar... If so, I hit .13 with stage 2 in my wrx so your sounding pretty close. I agree with baddriver, you shouldn't be getting cells anymore, u should pull the code, I think there listed in the back of the AP manual or I know they've been listed in threads on here if you do a search.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

flip: do you have any mods other than stage 2 and full exhaust?

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The AP has an option to read codes when you plug it into the car while the key is turned ON. It'll give you the number but I don't think it'll tell you the description but you can look that number up in this site.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad you guys got it working! Congrats!

7. scorcher2005

scorcher2005 New Member

.11bar = 1.6 PSI... Definately not right. Like someone else said, thats mpa.

But anyways, i just got a cobb ap as well for my 05 STI. I uploaded the 93 Stage 1 Base Map. I go to current map and it shows the 93 oct st1 map. Do i need to do anything w/ a realtime map?

8. flip

flip Member

Well I think the code has gone away now. I got in my car to head to work and it's not there any more. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it comes back...

I think my boost gauge might be a tad off, so it might be right. The stock gauge that i have is different from the ones i see most people with. Its not the one on the steering column, its the tripple pod that sits in the center that comes from the dealer, and it is in bars. Its going up just a tad past .11 bars when it peaks.

It seems between last night and today i got progressively more power and i think it's leveled off. It could just be me gettin gused to it or does the ecu have to go through a learning period?

9. flip

flip Member

Yah, thanks for the help :). We realized we weren't turnning it ALL the way off... As soon as we did that it worked like a charm!

10. flip

flip Member

Just the BOV. HKS SSQ.

11. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

might wanna redo that math and slide the decimal over 1 more time

.1 mpa = 14.5 psi = 1 bar

1 ATM is 14.7 psi

.11 mpa= 15.9 lbs
    save this link
    http://www.onlineconversion.com/pressure.htm

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  12. Alex

told ya; also, the stock boost gauge is notoriously innaccurate. why dont ya log the boost with your ap ?

13. flip

flip Member

Can i do that without street tuner? :-D

This is what I was lookin for:

17.5 pound/square inch = 1.206 582 524 bar

Thanks for the link yerro :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  14. Alex

Yeah dude, its on the AP unit itself. Leave it plugged in and go for a drive :wiggle:

15. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah it's fun!!! it's kinda hard to get it to stay in place, while still in decent view though....

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

get your passenger to hold it, easier and safer too!!!

17. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Way to go, Philip...I can't wait to get my Cobb AP and tune...Were you able to ever get that scratch taken care of from my buddy at Sterling?.

Mark

18. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

.13 sounds awfully high for stage 2. That's ~19psi. I would suspect your stock gauge is off a bit. :)

19. flip

flip Member

Yah, stock gauge is off. I ran with the AP plugged up today with a passenger to watch the boost and the max I hit was just around 18psi. That sounds perfectly normal to me since the map claims to run 17.5 +/- .5.

The Check engine light is off now but the AP still pulls the same code. Does it turn the light off when it pulls the code but still leave the code in the ECU?

:). Haven't goten the scratch taken care of yet, worrying about other things right now... Will get it taken care of soon :).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

If you told the Accessport to reset the ECU, it should no longer be there. In order for the CEL to light up on the dash you will have to throw that code twice unless it's considered a critical/limp which will illuminate the CEL immediate (like the Wastegate/Boost cut CEL). Therefore you have thrown that code again. When you get it one more time your CEL will light up. Also if memory serves me right the Accessport will actually tell you how many times you have thrown that code (I know for a fact the OBDII scanners you can buy at AutoZone does).