Subaru Challenge Atlanta! CANCELED

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, Jun 14, 2006.

1. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

2. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Highlands SCC, check your SCCA map.

3. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Awww i never got a map :wtc:

Hehe i'm looking forward to this so much. Do we need numbers for our cars or what? I don't remember putting that in during the registration process.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

No last time they did it here, they had numbers printed out for everyone. I would assume it will be the same this year.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yup... thats how they do it every year... now the numbers are large stickers so if u can buy large magnets, it will save you the trouble of getting the goop off

6. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

how large do the magnets need to be?

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

last year the stickers were 1ft x 1ft

8. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Ok so I signed up for this. I am in the SM class. Correct me if I am wrong. I have a new TMIC, eiback springs, 18" wheels, TBE, UP, Cobb 2 that is only boosting at 15.4 on a good day with the new IC, lol. SM sound about right? I might put on the race pipe and intake if that is legal, rules are kinda confusing.

9. clemsonscooby

I think you are still in ESP. You have to change the turbo to put you into SM (I think). You can change boost in ESP.

10. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

I just signed up in FSP

11. crashtke

Hope to hae the turbo changed by then, lol. I am buying a 16g this week.

12. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

Go Go Gadget Stock!

I've got insurance due for my 6 months before then, but in all likelihood i'll be able to get some new tires. stock besides the air intake- i'm sure this'll be awesome as my first track experience.

13. blink

blink Member

give me $30

:D

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  14. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

I have no doubt that I'm in the wrong class and I'm gonna get dusted.

WTF. I just want to see all of these Scoobies!

This'll be cool.

15. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I am not going to make this. D:

16. crashtke

Hell I will be up against modded Sti's! I will get murdered, but have a good time doing it!!!

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

close to a month away now :)

we need to bring in more entries :D

18. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

It would be ESP if you don't have the turbo swap done by then, and SM if you do. ;)

19. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

If you wait until after the event to do the turbo swap, your car is competitive in ESP. The STi runs in BSP, but SM is a wide-open class. There are only a few "good" SM cars in the country.

20. crashtke

Not that it really matters to me as this is my first Auto-x but maybe I should wait till after, lol.

21. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Is SM the correct class for my wagon??. Can anyone tell me?.

Mark

22. crashtke

Changed it to ESP for now. Also put WRXAtlanta as a sponsor, although i guess I am not really sponsored as I am paying for the car mods and entry myself. But, I did see several others listed WRXAtlanta in the sponsor section. I still have not heard back from Tray at TopSpeed about the turbo and looking at cash flow it may take me a bit longer to get it all installed and tuned. Let me know if i am wrong, complete mod list:

-Ixizshift
    -Eiback springs
    -18 inch wheels
    -TBE with high flow cat currently
    -UP catless
    -Cobb stage 2
    -TMIC and silicon hoses

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  23. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Come on people, only 69 entries for the Subaru Challenge Atlanta event. The Gainesville event has been full for quite a while.

This is a great event, even if you haven't autocrossed before!

:bump: Come out and show your support for the Atlanta Subaru community.

--
    Brian

24. crashtke

Never even heard about the gainesville event!

25. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, Gainesville Florida, 2 weeks afterwards. It is filled up already.

--
    Brian

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i appreciate you doing that... all the people who have done that are doing so to show their support for WRXatlanta

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

everyone who is considering signing up for this event, please go ahead and do it... as has been mentioned several times, you will not only get to enjoy your car to a whole new level but will also get a bunch of freebies that exceed the value of your entry fee... think of this as the ultimate subaru fest... our cars are doing what they are good at and the event is backed by subaru itself

so dont waste any more time... sign up today :)

28. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

ok sign me up
    I'm gonna ride/drive with mark, and ya I got a helmet :)

anyone have some spare subie emblems? maybe I can get away with doing that lol jk

29. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

You got it. ESP is the best class for your car as-is.

30. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

Based on the mods in your signature line, you could run in STU or ESP. STU is only an option if you haven't modified boost, but it is a street tire class (so you wouldn't be at a disadvantage without R-compound tires).

31. clemsonscooby

STU is for STi's. WRX's and WRX wagons are STX. Since you are running catless DP you have to be in ESP. I don't recommend SM.

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

go ahead and sign up :)... the link is in the first post

33. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

Good catch on the catless DP; that does move it to ESP.

STX has a 2.0 liter forced induction maximum, so the 06 WRX goes to STU. All 2.0 liter WRXs (i.e. everything up until 06) is eligible for STX.

34. clemsonscooby

Nice. I didn't see that clarification in the new 2006 rules. I feel bad for the 06's trying to compete in that class against the STi.

35. MarkM2016GTI

Thanks...plus I do have the 2.5 liter also...

Mark

36. MarkM2016GTI

Thanks for signing up Eric, we can both drive the wagon...

Mark

37. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

There are less than four weeks until the October 7th Subaru Challenge happens at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds outside Atlanta. Currently there are only 65 participants for 125 competition slots. It is about time to order the Food, T-shirts and the trophies for the event and if you guys don't get on the stick and sign up we won't order the right quantities and sizes.

Here is what the Atlanta T-shirt and trophies will look like. Each registered participant will receive a T-shirt...and if your fast enough you might get a trophy!... notice a little something on top of the number 6?
    [​IMG]
    thats right... we have recognition :D... go ahead, sign up and show your support

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

remember everyone... we have maintained an entry list in the first post but this is not the official entry list for the event... you need to go www.subaruchallenge.com to sign up

39. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

I just signed up:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

40. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I can pay with check or something?

41. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

Do you have to be a scca member?????

Thanks

42. clemsonscooby

No, you just need to have paypal. So if you can pay with a check you can also just have the money debited from your checking acount via paypal.

You don't have to be an SCCA member for this. There are also temp. memberships at the event for any real SCCA events also, its just $15 and can be put towards a future membership.

43. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

How does (99%)stock enter?

I haven't tried looking through rules yet, and not that I want anybody else to spend their time doing it- but if anybody already knows the class, i'm all stuck but CAI. Figured I might as well take these tires out and do something with em before I go for new ones.

-Curtis

44. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

CAI puts you in STX if you are running street tires, and ESP if you are running r-compounds (treadwear < 160).

--
    Brian

45. AUTOwrXER

AUTOwrXER Member

It wasn't a change. This was the reason that the Neon SRT-4 was in STU. The 2.0L displacement limit has been there since the STX ruleset was drafted. We just didn't need to worry about it until the 06 came out. It is a tough draw to be in STU with the STi, M3, Evo, etc. if you are running a WRX. On the other hand, the larger displacement and bigger brakes are a big help in ESP, as you can't change the block or the calipers in street prepared.

46. MarkM2016GTI

Oh Hell Yeah...Nice t-shirt design...Represent Peeps...LOL...

Mark

47. clemsonscooby

Thanks for the clarification on the street touring classes. I would have thought that most of the street touring classing would be based on performance rather than engine displacement (since performance can't be changed in this class). I mean the 06 WRX has the same power as previous WRXs, with some more lowend torque. I've always thought that SCCA classing was weird, but NASA isn't much better since in punishes equally for all cars. No win I guess...

48. Thanks Milo, an autox I can actually attend! :banana:

49. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

:bump:

50. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

awesome... sign up :)