Nopi Nationals

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by FTZ, Jul 18, 2006.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

im going again. does it matter what we put for the class when registering? it shows this..

Class Description Price
    Asian - Sport Compact - Other - Street $35.00
    Asian - Sport Compact - Other - Custom $35.00
    Asian - Sport Compact - All Makes - Wild $35.00
    Asian - All - NOPI CHIC - Street $35.00
    Asian - All - NOPI CHIC - Custom $35.00
    Asian - All - Engine Swapped - Street $35.00
    Asian - All - Engine Swapped - Custom $35.00
    Asian - All - Unfinished - All

go with street im guessing?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well guys if anyone comes looking for me I will NOT have the graphics on the car. Going back to the clean look for good.

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yes, Asian - Sport Compact - Other - Street #35.00

4. savsuby

savsuby Member

I just registered. I am ready to go.

5. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i just bought my tickets. its aug 21st past the early bird deadline but it still charged me $85 instead of $95. wooo!

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Nice, maybe they will extend that price for a couple more days or week or two.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

my chances of making it out just went up by a decent amount... however, i'll still be buying my tickets last minute to be sure

8. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I still havn't bought my tickets. I'm not sure if I'll just park outside or with the club yet.

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Bump

10. wrx ky

wrx ky New Member

We will be there on Friday night, staying in Cobb Co. I am also getting tuned by Scott on Monday after Nopi.

11. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I'm trying to find a group to go with myself

12. savsuby

savsuby Member

I got my information in the mail. It says that we will be parking in the grass. I did register with WRX Atlanta. I thought that we were going to be over by the drift area? Let me know what ya'll guys know about this.

13. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

That grass is by the drift area.

14. savsuby

savsuby Member

Ok sorry

15. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

so whats the rules about bringing beer?

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I believe that as long as it is not in a glass bottle, it is ok.

17. Jql168

Jql168 New Member

I'll be there in the S2K :wiggle:

18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

can u purchase tickets on the day of the show?

19. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

hmmm *hatching idea*
    *wraps beer bottles in CF sticker* It's hard to damage :D

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes you can but I'll tell ya.....that line is VERY VERY long and then you have to wait again to get inside.

21. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'll be there. I am pushing to have my car done by then. That'd be wonderful :)

22. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yup, I did it one year, and will never do it again!

23. suby113

suby113 Member

I will be there with some of the Savannah crew! I need to know where to meet up with wrx atlanta on friday night and again on saturday Morning?

24. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

yes i would like to meet up with some people friday night :wavey: just let me know where

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if nothing develops, we'll set something up for friday as the day comes closer :)

26. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I'll, like last year, set up something for the southside caravan to meet up with the northside caravan.

27. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

so show car, huh?

Wondering if there needs to actually be anything to the 'show' of the car other than the blue K&N and the multiple dings in the nice yellow paint and wiped down rims. There's no tellin if I'd actually be able to be there though, insurance and first month's 'rent' due right up before then. Does seem awesome though, and I'm blessed enough to have a girlfriend that loooves drifting.

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

a lot of our members cars are close to stock... for most of us, going to NOPI is more about hanging out since a lot of us dont participate in contests

29. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yeh, we wont win anything thats for sure. It's all about the experience.

30. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Heeey, I wanna win at least one trophy this year, if I can do it in the L I know I should be able to do it with da wagon...just not @ nopi LOL!:) and I would have to actually go to a show.

31. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

If you want to win, a smaller show is key. I've won a trophy at a small local show for the import category, which was me and two other people.

But nopi is hard to win even if you have a perfect show car, because so and so knows so and so, so they will win, even if they dont have the better ride.

32. suby113

suby113 Member

I think everyone forgot about the possibility of winning the trophy for the largest car club! or did we all forget that one? I'm pretty sure they will recognize if we have the largest group don't ya think? hey Milo by the way the savannah chapter should be in griffen GA by ATL around 10-10:30 friday evening so if there is a meet let me know thanks!

33. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

Count me in (most likely)

Well that's all good news. Very likely I'll be there to contribute to a large/small show win, and some exhaust and a pretty girl.

34. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah!!!...:ddirty:

35. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I didn't see anything about the largest Car Club this year. I know that last year, the biggest club won something like $1000. The problem is, to win the largest car club prize, we would need at least 50 cars there, and I doubt that would even do it.

36. suby113

suby113 Member

I think we can we have more than enough people in our club to make this happen!

37. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Exactly. Last I checked some of the largest clubs were national clubs withs chapters throughout different states. That's how you pull in the numbers.

Now if we could somehow organize a nasioc club for next year, so that pretty much all the subarus there were signed up with nasioc, we may have a chance. But I'm not sure how that would work, I guess you would have to get the ok from Nick, the owner of nasioc to use the name, idk?

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

cool... i'll try to get something set up so we can all hang out :)

39. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

40. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

You guys gonna be staying in griffen? If so, that's a good ways from the northside of town. Maybe you guys could meet up with me sat morning for the caravan to meet the northside guys.

41. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

who's going from Kennesaw/Marietta?

Wondering if there's anybody that wants to meet up here to head down.

42. suby113

suby113 Member

Sounds cool guys! just let me know when and where and we will be there!

43. blu03subie

blu03subie New Member

ok i register is that all were supost to have is a paper with my entry number that i printed out ? to get in?

44. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

yeah i think that is all... just the stuff they send you in the mail

45. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Depending on when you register, they will either send you the tickets or you will have to pick them up at the event.

46. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

is anyone going to that after party Saturday night? i just got a email about it. apparently its 20$ a person :( did anyone go last year?

47. Brian

Brian Active Member

:(
    glad I didn't buy those NOPI tickets, my younger daughter has a minor outpatient surgery so Amy and I won't be able to make it. Sorry guys!

48. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I'm officially in....Mark is my co-pilot :coolugh:

49. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

if you register on or after the 6th you gotta go to will call.

50. I still got to find a hotel to stay in now that my little brother no longer lives in Atl

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006