The White Beast

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Cool_____, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yep the car is naked now and looking sexy! That is the the RavSpec CF V-limited lip. It looks flimsy when you get it but I tell ya it's strong.....possum tested and approved. Living in the country sometimes sucks dude but I think this one will live up to its tasks.

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

New Pics with the sexy shop cars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tell me what you guys think of the new look! I'm loving it and not looking back!

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i like it clean :)

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Im jealous of that lovely looking weather :)

The cars look great!

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

+1

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yep and it's staying clean. I never realized how hot the car was with the lip kit and all clean and waxed up. Loving that new camera the fiancee' bought too!

Oh and for those of you that didn't like the red accents on the NSX....Steve is talking about painting that black to blend in with the full carbon fiber widebody.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that would look awesome... i saw one at nopi last year and it was bad ass

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well it's been a while. The car hasn't been through much except SS retuned it in Nov to 362 tq and 352 hp. Tons more power down low.

Lets see what is new? I'm going 2.5L shortblock, WRX heads with cams, springs, and retainers. Not shooting for high hp but a WIDE powerband. Not wanting a peaky powerband anymore but something that can hold onto the power longer. I'm thinking this setup will be much torqey and much more streetable than my current setup.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Honeymoon pics

Here's some beach shots off Sanibel Island, Florida. The car is filthy from a rain storm the entire way down and all the salt and sand that accumilated on it over a week's time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My best buddy Derek (who now is a Subie reconvert) is the best. For a wedding gift he gave me something I been wanting forever but just didn't get. Shifter trim hawtness!
    [​IMG]

When I get the actual wedding photos I will show you guys how much they messed up my car....it was all decorated up! Just look at the tires on some of the pics above! LOL

Here's some pics after I got home and waxed the car which it needed badly. I'm getting rid of the rear lip sometime. Going with JDM strakes and a APR rear diffuser which will fit much better and look cleaner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What most people only see of my car
    [​IMG]

Beware when you see this in your review mirror
    [​IMG]

Engine shot
    [​IMG]

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Nice pictures :)

And congrats again.

11. Alex

Great pics, cant even tell the car is dirty :p

We need to get a retrofit in your lamps ASAP!

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I would love that man but right now funds are heading to the 2.5L that will make it's home in my engine bay ;)

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

looks like a great time! congratz again man

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks guys!

15. Alex

:)

16. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Looking good. I'm definitely going to be following this thread now.

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well my never ending lip crisis has reared it's ugly head again. This was totally my fault and dumb. I nailed a boulder on a dirt road heading to a camp site. I didn't see it as I was following my buddy and the dust off the road prevented me from seeing 1 foot above the road. Anyways my CF lip and my factory bumper is split. I've already got the new bumper ordered. Since I needed an entire front bumper I went with the cleanest one I could find. INGS+1 front bumper on the way! I would love the rear bumper but my car doesn't have the fender flares (on the 05+ STi). Anyone know the deal with getting the fender flares?

Some pics of what's to come.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Alex

You can buy the rear pieces from Subaru iirc, they just come off w/ a yank. Oh, and I thought you said the lip was indestructible? :p

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Turns out it wasn't.....haha. Made me eat my own words. I found a Aspen White 06 Sti that was wrecked. How much you think the flares are worth? $75? $100?

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well just ordered the front and rear bumpers. 2.5L is taking a back seat so I can see how many miles the ol 2.0L can accrue.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Damage pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The drivers side is staying up but the clips are broke and the passengers side is staying up temporarily as long as I don't exceed 75 mph. Duct tape and zip ties FTW!

22. wrx_kid

wrx_kid Member

sweet car wish i had something like this

dang what happend !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  23. Deke

Deke Active Member

eeeee...that hurts

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Read a couple posts above.

25. 1naplay

1naplay Member

Verrrrrrrrrrrrry Nice work, :( about the front end.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. The kit has landed in the US. It will be in my hands soon!

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks to Doug at Topspeed I can now stop!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to my buddy in Charleston I got some STi goodies for a even trade so for FREE!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. dubs04wrx

dubs04wrx Member

wow that sucks

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well well the INGS front is in and some rear skirts.

There is a slight gap at the fender but only because I put a washer there....if you remove it, it's as flush as it can be.

Also included the new rear spats.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've already been called a ricer this morning by my co-worker...hehehe

I'm going to ride like this for a few days but I need to get my stock front back on so I can get the insurance taken care of. I would like to get it painted next week but it all depends on the funds.....I'm a little strapped right now.

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I like it. It would look awesome when painted :)

31. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

That looks awesome. The Ings kit is one of my favorites for our cars. Your looks great and has the performance to back it up.

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. I know the intake temps have dropped drastically. I'm assuming it's due to the massive supply of air via the fog light vents. My car is much smoother and happy running.

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks to my buddy Jim I have some awesome photos of the new kit. It's finally painted and on the car. Jim stated that in person the rear spats look much much better than the pics.

[​IMG]

I have to touch some some spots on the rear bumper from the old kit rubbing the corners....it's all good.
    [​IMG]

And I simply LOVE this shot.

[​IMG]

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

CLEAN!!! :bigthumb:

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. I think this is the best the car has looked. Never again will the car get stickerfied.

36. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

looking nice dude

37. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

very nice man!

38. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Looks good bro!

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:bigthumb:

40. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Very sexy! I love the clean look. :drool:

41. savsuby

savsuby Member

Your car looks sweet!

42. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks for the compliments.

43. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

well done man

44. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Very nice. I like it much better without the stickers.

45. stifun

stifun Member

Very nice car love how it has evolved in such a short time wish I had those kind of funds cool car.

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. I wouldn't call it having the funds. I sold my Eclipse for all the engine mods. The rest was sponsored and a little was on the credit card which I am paying off now. I have over $5000 in sponsored parts.

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well the exterior has changed yet again. Thanks to a killer score at Nopi Nationals I'm sporting this.....I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love it, hate it, flame it I don't care. Let me know what you think? I was thinking of reinstalling the rear CF risers but I don't think so.[/img]

48. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

nice! be sure to clear coat it and wax it so it doesnt yellow out in the sun

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Oh I will. There were some stickers on it and I peeled them off. You can slightly still see them from an angle. Will that go away when it's cleared or do I need to do something that will take it off first? I'll get it cleared and all within a month.

50. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well I can't access photobucket.com from work anymore so I'm forced to use Picasa for my pics

Also just to update this I have a 2007 STi 6 speed in the car now.

Here's the car now with the new Syms wing on it. Let me know what you think!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dcollins0917/SymsHotness

I'm thinking of powdercoating the rims black like Milo did his....what you think? I'll start a thread on that in the Exterior section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.