finding a bike is hard

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigb996, Aug 30, 2006.

1. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

anyone know anyone selling a 600cc bike? i cannot find anything worth buying. I have 4000.00 cash in my hand to buy a bike but there is little for sale right now.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

wait till the winter..there will be for sale ads everywhere

3. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

Yeah, you can get some sweet deals in the winter too. I'll hopefully be picking up a new bike in the winter.

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Buy mine, it's 1200cc but that's like having two 600s ;-)

5. blink

blink Member

We can always just throw you off an overpass into oncoming traffic.. that should simulate having a bike. (just kidding) Seriously check out Florida papers, or if you know someone in Orlando have them drive around. There are tons of bikes always for sale, mostly because of repo, and lack of insurance. Florida is a haven for idiots with bikes, no helmet, no insurance, no lisence.. NO PROBLEM!

6. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

how true about florida. in clearwater they have a meet every wed. theres always 2000+ bikes there. if you find one in florida im making alot of trips down there this fall. i can give you a ride to pick it up if you want.

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

thanks JT, yea ive been watchin craigslist in fl, nc, and here.

My friend has an 02 cbr600f4i hes selling with 3500 miles on it, but he nevers answers his phone. I finally got in touch with him, hes in miami. If he will let me come look at his i will probably buy it as its a great deal. keep yours eyes out thugh guys.

8. Weapon

your bike is pretty bad ass man

9. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

what do you have moose? a vulcan or some form of cruiser?

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

No... ZRX1200R. The fastest 'naked' street bike out there, with excellent suspension and gobs of power.

11. Weapon

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It's not a dirtbike bro :D

13. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

All my bikes have 700c wheels
    pick one and ill sell it

Look below for other wheels (picture)

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

^^^ :rofl:

15. I will probably have to sell my bike soon.I work on cars and have minor carpal tunnel and it is aggravated by moto riding. I have a 2000 cbr 600 f4 that was bought new.In near perfect shape.never down,never raced etc yellowish and black I commuted with it. oil changed about every 1000-1500 miles..I have around 35k miles on it Will need a chain soon other than that all good . I will ask 4300 $.Have stock muffler .It has v+h muffler and zero gravity windshield.

16. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea little more mileage than i wanted. my friends sellin me his f4i with 3500 miles for 4k which is the payoff on it. good luck though.
    '

Moose,
    I never knew you rode man. hopefully not around gwinnett county haha.

Ming, man you got a few bikes dont ya? whats the count?

17. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

hey bro I'd check out the sv650 suzuki, theres a couple on cycletrader.com also a guess there's a place in Marietta called "Wild Cycles" that's pretty good with used bikes..I asked my guys at work that ride so this info is from them, also one of my co-workers has a hook-up with used race bikes that he could call in if you'd be interested in...I have like zero knowledge in this subject, I just asked my co-workers about it because they look at used bikes all the time....so let me know if I can help..

18. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

thanks scott ill let ya know for sure man

19. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

no matter how many times i count im always one short of completion

20. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Good Luck Bri...I hope that you can get a great deal...

Mark

21. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Found the perfect one for you...

[​IMG]

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

another
    [​IMG]

23. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

how did you know?! its even got a little rack for my books! i love it:)

24. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

and it's got some cherry blossom red....

25. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I love nekkid sport bikes, great chioce moose. I like you more and more my friend, your taste is just amazing, beer, cars, bikes. you def. appreciate the good stuff and make no compromises, which rules. :D

26. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Yes everyone im back... But to get to the bike thing. Sabrina did sell her bike, in fact the fag that got it wrecked it within 72 hours. Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya. But after I changed Rolling_Trips profile like 3 months ago; it wouldnt let me sign on....

27. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

you guys should tie the knot dressed as storm troopers:keke:

28. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Hey Brian, how did you like the bikes that I PM'ed you about?.

Mark

29. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hey mark, thanks for the pm.....they were good, i actually called on the f4i a few weeks ago. The guy "lost" the title in a move apparently but has a bill of ownership. So scratch that, and the cbr600rr is out of my price range. thanks for the info though.

30. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

If you like the naked bike concept go with the SV650. I bought an 02 and I absolutely love it. The 0-60 is around 4 seconds and it tops out at about 130.... not that I speed.... and it's a high-performance V-twin which is far superior to the inline four for making torque. The SV's have only gotten better over the years with the addition of fuel injection and extra performance bits like and oil cooler.

The best part about this bike is it's the less expensive alternative to bikes like the GSX-R or Ninja, meaning that it doesn't have Ohlins forks or a steering damper, but don't get me wrong. The SV is in a class all it's own on the racetrack and they do get raced a lot. But if you don't need a streetbike that you can take straight to the track or you don't need the ultimate in modern two-wheeled performance for your weekend riding, the Suzuki SV's are the way to go.

IBbluetwosoundslikeacommercial

31. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea the SV is a really nice bike, i have some friends with them that love em. Lookin at them a little bit latly. They look really good if you add the lower fairings too. As far as track go they are great track bikes like you said.

32. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

how'd I know something like that was coming lol :fawk: