Anyone ever feel old?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nsvwrx, Sep 1, 2006.

1. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Im not 'old' by any means.... im freakin 19

the thing is i feel old. Its weird I dont feel like drinking( used to every day :naughty: ) anymore, I no longer have fun at crazy drunk parties anymore. Id rather be sitting around on mycomputer... working... or just reading more about my car. Just seems like i grew out of college life too fast. I guess im just waiting/ready for college to end.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2006
  2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

You're not old, just a nerd. :)

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

HAHAHA

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

I drank 5x as much between NN and 21 than between 21 and now... Guess your growing to be a nerd like me :p

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

=P

well ican admit to that

last nightmy roomates opend the door when i was doing #2

usually id find that funny

but i got pissed as hell and a fight insued.

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

At least you weren't doing #3. :)

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

what's #3......does that involved "the unrinator"...:p

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

#3 = baby batter

9. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

Stop making things be more important than they really are.

Guess what? You can't change everything, **** don't flow up hill, and stupid is as stupid does.

Live by those words and you'll live alot longer. Just take it from someone older who's been in your shoes.

10. everytime i go to the mall...or everytime i drive down universuty i think oh lord im getting old..then i hit on a young chick she smiles and i feel young again. young being a student at UAB

11. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

while we are on the age subject.....the guy at the gas station almost wouldn't sell me beer tonight cause he thought there was NO way I was born in 78...He insisted that it was fake....but I talked him into it...he still was pretty apprehensive though :keke: so atleast I guess I don't look old...

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

I like that I look older than I am most of the time. I generally prefer attention from more mature women. But at the same time it sometimes sucks to be a 3rd year college student and feel like a dirty old man around freshmen girls. I guess it comes with the territory of having a beard though. eh

13. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

remember that you're never too young to be a dirty old man

14. jayj713

jayj713 Member

when i was a senior in highschool everyone thought i was a freshman. I took a drafting 1 class just go get an easy grade, and it was full of freshman. And halfway through the semester the teacher was like, wtf JJ you're a senior? And then the class was like NO WAIII, YOURE A SENIOR? and i was like T_T, yes.

but no, i'm 18 and i dont feel old just yet. I don't drink or anything, i just play video games and watch anime all day :)

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

When I was a Freshman in high school everyone (that didn't know me) thought I was a senior. :)

16. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah. I feel old right after a three mile run.

17. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

You guys are making me roll my eyes. Heck, best as I can tell, I'm a dinosaur next to y'all.

You aren't old until you go to a concert and you're sitting around waiting for the good tunes to start. When the band finally plays something you respect, you stand up and everyone else sits down to take a break. Happened to me and friend in ... well, a while back.

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

ehh its more about feeling old rather than being old

19. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

It seems to me after my last b'day I seem to bruise easily for no reason...wtf. and the same job you had bustin your butt between 16-20 was cool then is a hell no at 30 something at what folks are payin these days to almost kill yourself.:)

20. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

don't worry about feeling old. what your doing is not "old" it's what you dig doing. and doing what's important to you/feels right is what matters ;)

sounds like something in your social life no is longer what you want. that's just a shift in perception. hasn't much to do with age.

21. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah monks right. Actually I hear this kind of thing all the time. Young men and women who are suddenly surprised by the fact that they aren't quite as invincible as they thought they were before they hit adulthood. I know the first time I got a back pain was at 21 and I was like wtf?...

Stay active and don't expect to feel good all the time, especially when you first wake up! And don't let your mind get in the way of your bodies doing good things.

This comes from a soldier of 30 who runs with people who are 18 and up and never lets them leave me in the dust.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  22. I'm 17 and i have back pains. Really annoying too....i feel old. I also have gray hairs, and i am stressed out alot.

23. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

Stress 'll get you. Work on ways to handle it. Manage stress, and you manage aging, IMO.

My wife tells me that yoga will solve all of my problems. I think I could enjoy it, but racquetball seems more fun.