Subaru to be returned (VERY unwillingly) sad read

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KtownSubaru, Sep 1, 2006.

1. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

EDIT: My father in law-to-be offered to put me on his insurance, or if that's too costly get some extra option to have extra drivers or some complicated crap. So this thread is set to be gone

So- my car salesman called to ask about my insurance coverage, which was assumed to be Allstate's 30day period on a new car before needing to apply for it. However, because I financed the car could not be titled to their name and, basically, the people at the 1-800 number were retarded.

-Skip to the ***** if you don't like crappy short stories.

So I call allstate to set up my own policy, and find in my MVR that my license has been suspended for failure to appear, and 2 'serious offenses' or some crap, which i assume relate back to whatever infraction it was I failed to appear for in the first place, which I *was* at a loss to figure out. I have since recalled that a likely event was that upon mailing payment for an out of date tag last year, my apartment's mailboxes were repeatedly ransacked and mail held/lost/etc. However, I still have not gotten a second letter/phone call even though I updated my license/phone number the day after getting pulled over.

*****So what it comes down to is, IF i can figure out my license problem and get it re-instated, insurance will somehow cost me ~8k a year. A figure that is not as much of a problem to pay as it is flat-out ridiculous, and insurance would be 2/3 more than car payments. So unless I figure out some way to fennagle some car insurance, my short-lived subaru experience will soon be over. :crying: :crying: Now I just have to hope trying to get my down-payment and trade-in (93 accord w/ 248k miles. wooo) back go better than this... which i find doubtful. I guess I'll just have to be getting my OWN MVR

-A very forlorned curtis parsons

MODERATORS: So i've been so going back and forth in the forums i hadn't even noticed the scroll bar went down to off-topic. maybe this is not so important and should belong there

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

That sucks man! I hate to here that hope every thing works out.

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

Not exactly sure what is going on, but if it means loosing your suby that sucks ass!

4. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

yeah =/

yep that's about what it means. i was hoping I could get these payments for 1 1/2-2 years then trade up for an STI, but now looks like i'll just be saving a whopper of a down payment for a while till 3 years are up and my tickets aren't as much of a liability. Damn you eagle talon TSi :evil:

5. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

you tried progressive? they do the multiquote thing, so that would be a good way to find out who's the best.
    or mebbe statefarm?
    or gulp geico, but don't ever do anything wrong with them.

you could always join the military and get USAA, and they are always cheap.

6. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

call progressive, i did

7. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Progressive was actually cheaper for me than the previous company I had been with for 10 years.

8. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

insurance=handled.

it's actually all good. I'm signing up for the subaru chalenge next week and nopi nationals later today, both with wrxatlanta.com =]

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yay! glad it worked out for you.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

please sign up right away... its time for the organizers to start ordering shirts, etc and it would help them to have a good estimate of the head count

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Moved to OT; best of luck!

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

best of luck man, insurance companies blow