Poster Ideas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So I'm still living in an aprtment with completely blank walls. I think I've decided to go for a movie poster theme. I'm trying to go with "cooler" movies. I guess trying to keep the feel a little more sopisticated (avoiding fratty college and huge, recent blockbuster action movies). Leaning a little more to cult films and actual good movies. Basically I don't want to have a girl come visit and sarcastically be like "Sweet Matrix Poster." Get my drift? (to clarify I do like the matrix though)

I've already got a pretty good list of movies (and many posters) picked out that I'm going to have to narrow down, but I wanted to see if you guys had some good ones that I may not have thought about.

Here's my list:

Eternal Sunshine
    Lost Boys (greatest 80s movie)
    Swingers
    Raiders
    Shawshank Redemtion
    V for Vendetta
    Bullitt
    Garden State
    Signs
    Forrest Gump
    Sin City
    Say Anything
    Collateral
    Interview with a Vampire
    The Talented Mr. Ripley
    Enemy at the Gates
    Snatch

I'm only going with probably 10 or 11 posters, I'm just looking for ideas.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

scarface

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I went to Michael's (art store) and picked up some of their art deco posters. Not sure if you know what I mean. I am talking about the 1920-40s ads used by Vermouth, etc. I got a great one of a monkey downing some dessert liquour. It was 1/2 off as well as the nice wooden frame I got for it. This is for my bedroom. I keep the movies, music, etc out in the living room.

Just an idea.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

I might have to check that out. Where is the nearest Michaels?

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

"RAD".....nuff said...alex definitely has the right artsy approach though...my walls have my original "in progress" work from myself but that's part of my background so....that's my addition to your list

6. flip

flip Member

Also ebay is a good place to check for art... Theres a bunch of great artists that sell their origional work for cheep. Theres all sorts of styles and sizes too... I'm gonna spend a good 4-500 on art before too long... I have the same problem with my walls now :)

7. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I ate at this place called red robin and they had a swingers poster in there. It took a lot of convincing on my wifes part not to punch the waiter and rip it off the wall. I thought it would look good in my office

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Dude, Movie posters are so High School :naughty:

9. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

lol, i have that same poster hanging in my livingroom.

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

ferris bulers day off
    The last samuri
    TMNT the first one if you dont know dont even try.
    Gone in 60 seconds, but then again I only have a bunch of car posters that I havent even put up yet and one big A$$ Holes poster almost wall size with they call him" ZERO" on it. I never put it up so If you want it is yours!

11. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I know it's not a poster, but I move around a lot. And I've found that an American flag looks really good, whether you drape it or hang it normally. And it takes up a lot of blank wall space. It's especially nice in a large room.

12. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

reservoir dogs

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I have:
    scarface
    2 pulp fiction
    taxi driver
    apocolypse now
    reservoir dogs