TopSpeed comments?

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by thebigph, Sep 16, 2006.

1. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

anybody have any comments good or bad about TopSpeed and the quality of their service and customer satisfaction?

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Do a search, there's plenty about them on the site.

Cliff's notes: great people to deal with and happy customers.

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

WTF is this, Nasioc?

Topspeed's alright.

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

No, I do not believe it is. A search would yield a ton of TopSpeed stuff, and while I'd love to do it and copy/paste every single returned link I don't think I will. :)

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Topspeed is good..is there something in particular you are looking for?

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Moose man. You know I got respect for you, right? But that did kind of sound a little NASIOCish. Not trying to bust you out or anything.

I will just go ahead and say what some people aren't going to say. That SOG has a reputation for being safe, and well not everyone else out there does. Not that TopSpeed is a a bad choice.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Moose is right though, the search feature is a good tool to use.

Everyone has their own opinion on which tuner is better. I would pick SOG, because SS is a cool guy, and I like to photoshop his picture.
    [​IMG]
    but I would imagine that TS has more services to offer since they are a dedicated shop.

--
    Brian

8. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

sog ftw

9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

you CANNOT go wrong with either shop!!
    Go meet with both shops and make your decision from there.

10. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I do have to say that I really like the prompt responses and advice I got from SS, and I haven't even been protuned yet.

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

I just got a new clutch through them. I was very satisfied. They are friendly and (obviously) there prices are a little bot better than a dealership. That being said though, I've heard nothing but good about SOG. So it's really up to you. I know whenever I actually do get around to getting protuned, SS is going to be the man to do it.

12. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

+10 for SS. I've never met anyone who said bad things about him.

13. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i've yet to hear a bad thing about him too...good stuuf

14. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

One piece of advise, go see them in person. I think TS forgets to answer emails some times. I have waited over a 3 weeks for a return 2 times now. If you can get someone on the phone or go in person it is better.

15. techlord

techlord Active Member

This reason exactly is why I made the switch! MUCH better customer service @ SOG! I called TS 3 weeks ago for parts and prices...I am still waiting to hear from them.

16. blink

blink Member

Bingo.

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What exactly do you plan on having done? The extent and complexity of your project determines different wait times at either vendor.

18. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Ditto,

When I walked in, and later called them twice I was trying to get a quote for a COBB AP and a couple of downpipes I was interested in. It was a simple request, and I called a couple of times but I never got a response back.

So far I've been happyist with SS and BATTLGROUND in Smyrna as far as professional follow-through is concerened.

19. blade80

blade80 New Member

heard they are good

20. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Maybe so, but there are others tuners are as good and have a better history of customer response. If anyone wants a protune or ecutek tuning in Atlanta then there are only two choices, and of the two I'd pick SS.

Right now I'm debating selling the Cobb AP in favor of the inginuity open source product. I dont like that Cobb is so restrictive on who they will let protune cars in a given area. I mean if SS wins the lottery our only options would be topspeed, change ours em setup, or drive a ways. With inginuity this tie would be eliminated. I'm waiting to see what happens with enginuity, and it's support of real-time maps.

21. slowwrx

Dan at Batlground is also an excellent tuner and I know he has been working with the open source software for a while.

Matt

22. Weapon

after a personal experience I had with Batlground I have chosen SS at Sog as my tuner

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  23. slowwrx

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  24. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

well Topspeed is one of this sites vendors...but I'm sure your comment wouldn't get edited...your entitled to your own opinion - I would think....

25. slowwrx

Problem solved

26. Weapon

I am not bashing them. Just expressing my opinion. Sorry if I came off like I was bashing them. I didnt mean to offend you man.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  27. slowwrx

I probally took it the wrong way, don't worry about it.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Customer service sucks at Topspeed. When I had probs they didn't have time to talk to me much less help me fix it. Topspeed has great tuners and guys working there but I think they need to work on the customer service side of things. I think they are underemployeed. I understand the things they have to deal with but you still have to take that extra mile and make the customer or potential customer happy and confident.

When I have problems with the car, SS ALWAYS answers or gets back with me. Even the stupidest little things I just want to confirm with SS and he answers. He is the most patient and the most helpful 'business' guy I have ever sealt with. I wish everyone was like SS. He's saved me in a many of a frustrating rut and talked me through troubleshooting everything. That's why the car runs so freaking sweet.....he is thorough.

In short if you want to STAY happy with the car go to SS.

29. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

30. slowwrx

31. Deke

Deke Active Member

I think Topspeed has very good customer service. I was actually worried about this fact when I went to them about my clutch. I was kind of afraid that since my car wasn't getting serious performance work done, that it wouldn't get that much attention. But Tray was very helpful everytime I called. He answered all my newb questions and I didn't once get the feel that he was annoyed by my lack of clutch knowledge. I never got brushed off or ignored.

Now I know everyone has there favorite shops, and I'm not saying TopSpeed is mine (I used them primarily because they were cheaper then Subaru), but I do know I was very satisfied with them and their customer service, and do not believe by any stretch that they "suck" in any capacity.

And as I said earlier I will no doubt use SS for my tuning needs (whenever that happens). Basically I'm just saying that both are great. Sorry if I already said that, I just felt the need to reiterate.

32. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Okay folks just a few points here. So far, this thread has been civil and on point, but these threads have a way of getting out of hand at times. Please keep this thread open by posting your respectful opinions only. Again, so far, so good, but lets not turn this into a shop v shop debate...

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

BelvinAWD if I sounded like I was bashing Topspeed I totally didn't mean it that way. I was just stating my experience and wanted others to be aware of it. I was having serious tuning related issues that was causing my car to knock and detonate. When I called I was told so and so is too busy and they will call back. Not only did they not call back but I called back several times.....I gave up and searched elsewhere for the solution.

34. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

You were fine, your comments were fine. I just want to head off any back and forth posting that could lead to this thread being locked and a new one having to be opened...

35. Goose013

Goose013 Member

I did not have a good C/S experience, but that's just me, and I have not voiced my opinion until now. Nothing to say other than that. Haven't been to any of the other shops....yet.

36. Jake

Jake Active Member

I have heard good things about SOG but i chose topspeed because i have friends who have had great results from them. I have had them to a reflash and just had a clutch installed today. no complaints whatsoever. going back tuesday for a dyno tune with doug.

37. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sweet... u should be happy with your numbers... post a plot when u get it :)