Leaving GA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluetwo, Sep 18, 2006.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

:hs:

I'm leaving GA this evening sometime. If you don't know me then, whatever, but for those that do, you guys have been great and I'll still check in on WRXatlanta from time to time. Being a part of a good local scene and feeling like a part of the club has been my best experience on a car forum I've had and I'd definitely recommend it to any car person.

I'll be in Ft Lewis, Washington (state) and trying to get down with the car scene up there. When I'm not working of course. It'll probably be a long time before I'm back in town since I'm getting stationed up there and I'll definitely be going to Iraq for another deployment before too long. Thanks to everybody who has been cool and junk.

Jason.

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Take it easy and stay safe on your deployment! Thanks for always being a great contributor on the boards!

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Guess we missed the photo shoot... Are you driving up? What's that, 2500 miles? Hope you have an iPod or something.

I'm off to Colorado in two weeks myself. 1700 miles for me. I'm going to try and do it in 36 hours. We'll see.

4. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Take it easy man. Hope every thing goes good man.

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

goodluck with everything jason... make sure u let us know whenever u make it back in town :)

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah definitely. I think the drive is about 2500 and I'm thinking it'll take about 45 hours. I really want to get started today to get one small leg out of the way.

Thanks for the good lucks and stuff. :D

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Good luck and Stay safe.

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

hey man, good luck with everything.

9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

good luck bro!!

Make sure to let us know when you'll be back in town to visit.

Just cause you're on the other side of the continent doesn't mean you can't
    post up...

10. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

thank you for your service.

11. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Goodluck and be safe.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its been fun dude, best of luck!

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Have a safe trip and stay in touch Jason....It has been great knowing you...

Mark

14. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Good luck and stay safe!

15. flip

flip Member

I don't think i've ever met you in person but i've deff seen you around the forums a lot... I hope all goes well for you in the transition and such and hope you find some cool car peeps up there!! Be safe and thanks for your service to our country!!!

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Start a WRXatlanta, Washingtion chapter while you're up there!

Best of luck with the transition.

17. Deke

Deke Active Member

Take care of yourself out there (both Washinton and Iraq)

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:werd:

19. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Man, I didn't expect so many replies. That's some a** sh**...

This is the second time someone joked about starting a Washington chapter, but seriously if I meet somebody into Subys they'll definitely get some love and even if not I'll still spread the word. I'll just have to get some more stickers and stuff sent to me. ;)

Gotta go drive. Thanks.

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

before i forget, i want to thank you for all the efforts u put in spreading the word about us in savannah :)

21. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Have fun man! I am from WA. I lived in Spokane, Seattle, and Richland. It is a beautiful state with some crazy roads to play on. I am sure you will love it there. The rockies are not far either! Talk about some fun mountain roads. Thanks for serving the country. My bro-in law is a sgt in the Army. He did a bit in Korea and Afganistan. Be safe.

22. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Cool man. I can't really take too much credit for the Savannah club though. I may have introduced some folks to the site but the Savannah guys were already a healthy group just looking for stuff to do.

23. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Lol.

Just wanted to add that I made it to Washington in just over two days. Talk about some hard-core driving... And I don't ever want to make that trip again, even though I know I will come home someday. I'll just have to make the trip last longer next time. I'd post pics but it's nothing you can't google or whatever.

Oh yeah, Nebraska has speed limits of 75 MPH. :D So you can totally get away with driving 80-85.... Good times.

24. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Good drive. Didnt make it a scenic drive? LOL

25. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Naw man, but maybe next time. :D

I'd like to give myself like four or five days so I could make more stops, space the legs of the trip out a little more, take some of the more scenic roads etc.

I'm not sure but if Route 66 would take me to where I'd want to go but I'd love to make it part of my next trip.

26. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I tink i hit those speeds in my sub - division.. :rofl: :rofl:

JK... enjoy being out there. Beautiful scenery.

Definitely take a trip to Mt Rainier, Olympic mountains, and SNOQUALMIE PASS..

For your twisty road cure..
    http://www.motorcycleroads.us/wa.html