Nopi Nationals

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by FTZ, Jul 18, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

It was cool meeting you all you guyz and galz, I hope all you out-of-towners get home saftely I even saw a sti with tag from Alaska!!:wavey:

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I couldnt agree more. I had the utmost pleasure of meeting so many new people on Friday and Saturday!

3. ronin-ef

ronin-ef New Member

I put a video together last night of the 45 minutes of footage i got... was hard keeping it down to the 7 it is. mainly it's for me and matt but i thought i'd go ahead and post it here for you guys as well. plenty of drifting in it for those of you that missed it.

good times... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoIcu_R9obo

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Nice vid!

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Cool video. I especially liked the use of Audioslave and Janes Addiction.

6. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Can someone host that vid so i can DL it?

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

dude, sweet vid!

8. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Very cool!

9. ronin-ef

ronin-ef New Member

thanks for the kind words :) i'm going to re-compress the vid at a higher quality and host it for a couple days on my work server tomorrow for those that want to download. will post a link up here when it's ready.

10. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Cool ass video guys, I'm so pissed my boss made me come in sat :wtc: I went sunday around noon, good turn out

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

very cool video :)

12. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

nice video

13. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

<--- made it home safely. Milo your awesome thanks for showing us a great time. Joe it was good meeting you. Thanks for the burgers and company. Seems like everyone had a good time. The scooby community kicks ass!

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad u had a good time down here... make sure to let us know whenever u make it up here again

15. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

great video!!!!.....was there any footage of the kamakaze driver that was weaving in and out of the caravan?....that was REALLY scary :eek:hnoes: ...I wish a cop would have saw him and arrested that idiot :squint:

16. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

SWEET ASS VID!!!!!!:bowdown:

17. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

post some pics guys!

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

19. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2006
  21. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Those are good too

22. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

any more? all you guys had cameras :)

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

NEWS ------ I placed first in Street WRX at Nopi!

Google 2006 Nopi results....they are posted!

25. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Awesome! Good jorb man!

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

congratulations man :)

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks....I totally was not expecting that.....didn't think the car looked that good.

28. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Can you post up the link to the results. I didn't see it on the main page.

29. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

30. runvusofme

runvusofme Member

31. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

32. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

A few of mine..bless the cooks!!

Attached Files:

33. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

34. nicali

nicali Member

Hey everyone! My wife and I were happy to tag along and meet everyone. Once work slows down a bit this week, I am going to make time to edit the video I shot. Most of the video from having the cam on the roof of the car worked out well, but some was pretty shaky (one of the suction cups for the pod lost its grip). I am going to try to to put something together to post up so everyone can see it.

Once my wife gets some time too, she'll post some of the pix she took.

Cheers,
    Ali

35. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

yeah man that cam pod was sweet where did you get it?

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

awesome... any video of the caravan and stuff?

37. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i saw yours and even commented on it... however i was wondering if nicali had similar footage from outside the car ;)

39. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Did anyone see Forest Griffin?....I got his autograph....he's bad ass!!!

40. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

DOH i'm sorry. I R teh retarted.

<3

41. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I had a great time too guys! It was nice that we showed out. Hope to see you guys soon again! -Joe

42. nicali

nicali Member

I got it from stickypod.com (it is the dash cam setup) about $100.00 The cheapest is $60.00 and goes up to $600.00.

Shooting from the dash works great for getting the sound of the engine and no wind noise, but the video lacks clarity somewhat because of the angle.

From the hood it works somewhat okay, the hood scoop makes it almost impossible to center it so I have place the cam on the side the scoop, it's comes out pretty okay, but you have to point the cam higher, or all you get is the road. Wind noise really sucks after 45 mph.

From the back I have tried it under the wing -- bad idea -- all wind, and it shakes violently over 40 mph. But for slower than that, I have picked up good shots.

The windows work fine, but I like the roof the best, even though sound gets muffled after 40 mph but if you are laying music for the video it is not an issue. But the angle is the best.

I have hit 122 mph to test the strengh of the suction cups grip (there are 3 of them) and it holds like a champ. I did notice that once the temp heats up usually 1 of the suction cups loosens up but 2 remaining sticking.

If anyone wants to try it out, I'd be happy to loan it out.

--Ali

43. nicali

nicali Member

I sure did. I just wish I would have set it up when we left the Varsity.
    I am going to put something together and post it or a link to the clip for download.

44. pankopp

pankopp Member

Hells yeah, i placed 3rd in street wrx, thats a supprise!!

45. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

congrats

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

congratulations :)... do u have any pictures of your car?

47. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Congratulations Bro...

Mark

48. blink

blink Member

i got one hell of a tan from that show, and my shoulders are killing me from those damn sticks.. how you found me Mark was incredible, again I appologize to all that were out there, that i had mentioned the crew coming by to. We did in fact get out to the site, but it wasnt until ~5pm on sunday, and only about 6 wrx's were left.. we filmed some, and to whomever had the blue sedan with the wrxatlanta flag, your flag will be on Tunervision.

49. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Yeah, Stephen, it was a trip seeing you out there when they were doing the hydraulics stuff with the trucks...I am good at finding people...I saw Flip at NOPI also, and he wasn't even with our tent...LOL...NOPI was pretty cool....but the music was just a bit too loud for my taste...It was a blast seeing all of the cool rides though.

Mark