I hate downtown.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Sep 21, 2006.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I swear everytime i go into downtown, i get lost. If i make i wrong turn it takes me an hour to make it back to where i was. Maybe i just dont understand it or something.

2. KtownSubaru

KtownSubaru Member

yea probably just don't understand it, like everybody

I have the opportunity to do some work in atlanta so i've finally figured it out. the one way streets that aren't really in 'blocks' and the faded street signs that don't really tell you how to get back to the highway are a big pain. I suggest buying a fold-out map of atlanta/greater atlanta area and keeping it in your glove box or studying it during 'downtime'. Or just keep getting pissed off and driving around, it's what i did!

-Curtis

3. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yep those one ways will get ya everytime. ya get lost enough youll get it then youll find out all the back roads.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

I can handle midtown and further north, but I agree the one-ways in downtown are a pain. Especially since there aren't regular city blocks.

5. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

tell me about and i live in downtown.

6. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I managed to get myself turned around there all the time! Argh. I think it's about time I purchase a Nav system!

7. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I hate it even with a nav system. Happy just staying north. Not only that, but every time I go there I am in constant fear of having my car jacked. I had two friends that got their cars stolen down there. I try to minimize my time spent in Atlanta.

8. jayj713

jayj713 Member

yea i want a nav system too. I'm too stubborn to ask for directions and i always get lost :rofl:

9. vikingblood

vikingblood New Member

Nav systems can get a bit pricey, but they're more than worth the money. Mine has gotten me out of some sticky situations where I never would have found my way home without it.

10. blink

blink Member

I live down here, and I see its you all I always see going down the wrong way of a one way street. :p

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I dont mind it much anymore to be honest.

12. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Part of my problem is that I don't get down there enough to get familar with it. :hs: No excuse, considering I've only lived here for 3 years!

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Wanna learn downtown? catch MARTA then appricate you car no matter how much you get lost!!;)