Keller and Umphrey's

Discussion in 'Music' started by Deke, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So I'm not sure if there are any other jam band fans on here, but there are going to be two amazing shows at the Tabernacle. Umphrey's McGee is playing Friday November 17th and Keller Williams is playing there November 18th. I've seen both of these groups/person in concert and both were absolutely incredible.

For those that haven't heard of these groups neither are exactly conventional. Umphrey's has an upbeat rock feel. The two guitarists are both very talented and can solo out of there mind. And I'm not talking just slow trippy solos, I'm talking up and down the fretboard while playing eachothers guitars solos, but still with that jam-like feel.

Keller Willaims is a whole different sound. He has got to be one of the most talented musicians I've seen. He's a one man show. He comes out on a stage full of different guitars, basses, types of drums, and other completely random things. And through use of looping, sets up and plays the whole concert by himself. His acoustic guitar prowess (if you will) is also one that I've rarely seen matched. You don't even really have to be into jam bands or bluegrass, I believe that if you appreciate music at all, you would enjoy this concert. It's just as entertaining to watch as it is to hear.

There really is no point to this post. I just found out about this said weekend of concert bliss the other day and wanted to share. And also to put off studying for a Calc exam...

2. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

sweet. we drove to birmingham to see umphreys a few months ago, but only got there too late cause of traffic.

are you going to panic or perpetual groove? oct 7 and 31

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well the first one was absolutely amazing. I'll let you know how the second one goes tonight.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

And sorry I didn't respond to this before. Don't know how I missed it, but no I didn't go to either, did you? How were they?

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Keller tonight was seriously one of the best concerts I've ever been to (and I've been to a few). He is no doubt one of the most talented musicians of our time. He plays the most ridiculous things on guitar (or any other instrument for that matter) and makes it look so easy. Best of all, he doesn't take himself too seriously. He's just a goofy guy that can absolutely rock your socks off on just about any instrument.