Any other valets?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Nemesis Digital, Oct 3, 2006.

1. So I have a regular 9-5 type job, and was recently offered to try something new.

Its working a for a nice Valet service. I actually did the photoshoot for the guy's NSX a while back. This is by no means replacing my normal job, that pays great, but I thought this would be a cool way to get out of the cubicle and run around and make a few dollars extra to put in my pocket for the weekends.

But im not sure exactly what to expect as far as tips, amount of work, etc. Any info would be cool!

2. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Better be comfortable driving tons of cars into very small spots, getting soaked in the rain and getting crappy tips. But you do get to drive fun cars every once in a while, albeit, only 30 feet.

3. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Not a bad idea if was to take on a second job that would be good choice in my book.

4. lol Like I said though, this isnt my regular job, my normal job pays me really well. Im doign this gig as more of a favor for a buddy, and just trying it out. And I consider myself a great driver :sx:

5. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

You can usually average $15-25 an hour.....well the valets at the hotel where I work do

6. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Yeah, most hotel Valets have got the life though. Parking deck to park the cars in, covered area to valet from. Guess it all really depends on where you valet at.

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've known a couple of people that valet. They all seem to like it.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I think something like 90% of all drivers consider themselves above average. ;)

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It isnt whether or not you are a good driver, it is whether or not you are a great parker :p

10. Yep.