Auto CAD or Master CAM

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Greg, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Auto CAD or Master CAM? ;) I'm finishing my degree in Motorsports Vehicle Technology, and now starting my Mechanical Engineering degree. I've spoken to the chief engineer at work, and he said that he'll have a spot open for me as a race car engineer when I graduate, so I'd like to have one of these programs to learn with at home before I start the engineering classes. Any help is much appreciated!

2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

get a copy of solidworks instead
    they have student copy that you can learn but cant print without a watermark
    autocad is too far behind the technology

3. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

solidworks > autocad

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Are the toold and commands the same as CAD or master cam?

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

No love for Solid Edge? ;)

If you need to learn AutoCAD, get AutoCAD. You wouldn't download Linux to learn Windows.

6. Demo24

Demo24 Member

pretty sure you just get cad through autodesk. Thats who we always deal with when we get it. I'd get you a copy if I could, but dang licensing prevents it.

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

You can get AutoCAD from cadcampus for $159/year as a student.

8. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Which ever cad you are goin with just look up who is the local distributor and ask for demo version or wait for the FREE demo classes where they let you take a copy home (demo version) nor mally cant print or has watermark on the prints but fully functional

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

+1 for the solid edge fun :D

10. Demo24

Demo24 Member

cool!

I get it for free, so I never bother to go look around for the best price