Might sell STi:(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i'm supposed to get a raise, but if this all continues...i'm considering selling the STi. car only has 13k miles, and tbe/ecutek...kbb says its worth $27,973. what is the going market for them?

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Not sure about KBB, but Edmunds (which seems to be more realistic) says 24-25k for it.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

dont do it :(

4. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I did an Edmunds 'TMV' (true market value) for a 'clean' 05 with 15k. They might be asking 24-25k for an 04 with 40k miles, but I seriously doubt they're getting it.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

I think the problem is ur facing low mileage/generously modded STI's for sale in the 27K range sometimes less. I think we have one here about that price with near 500awhp.

As moose says though 24-25 is a bit more realistic.

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

noooooooooooo :wtc:

8. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes:

9. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

when will people learn that you don't get your money for modding your car. in fact, you depreciate if anything. yeah i guess you might find that kid who'd pay it, but the bank sure ain't going to give you more money cause the car has aftermarket parts.
    i'm going to stick it out, but by this time next month if i'm still struggling...not broke but not where i wanna be...i'll prolly have to put the car up for sale. trust me, i am going to avoid this at all cost.

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Man Shane, I hope that you don't sell your STi.....Keep us posted Bro...

Mark

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

best of luck on getting it to go through man, i hope you can keep it but if not theres always later. I know i will be in a subaru again one day.