Almost Accident...scary

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RamblinWRX, Oct 21, 2006.

1. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Earlier around 10pm, was driving the on-ramp for I-75/85 S at spring st going 65-70 and hit some wet gravel at the entry lane. Rear slid out and i drifted with the side barrier 10 feet directly in front for about 5 seconds, realized if i counter-steered, i'd probably hit the barrier when it gripped, so spun 270 degrees and then counter-steered and corrected...doing a full 360 without spinning into the lanes with traffic and kept rolling by whatever luck i've been granted. I think my tires hadn't warmed up yet and they're geting less tread, Falken Azenis Sports. Was very serene and calm during the spin, tuned out to everything else, it was bullet-time in max payne. No life flashing before the eyes business, anyone experienced this? Then was terrified and very thankful immediately afterwards....umm, go slow on on-ramps after it rains mmmk?

by the way, anyone go see broken social scene tonight? they were great.

2. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Good thing it was almost and not did. I saw an almost and was almost too. comming up p'tree in buckhead where all the churches are comming around that corner I hear tires screeeching i look over and its a ferrari driftin out of control across double lines but then catches its lucky no cars were comming the other way. saw him at the light I laughed at him then...:naughty: Turned down pharr road going toward peidmont cresting the hill there is a benz heading toward me IN MY LANE one car ahead of me already had stopped I checked left and went around and when i did the benz was in front of me again which caused me to go farthur around to avoid him/her It was almost just like the suby commercial when the car goes around. All this happened on the way to bp meet whew!

3. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

glad to hear you survived in tact! I've never broken loose on the wet roads, except once on purpose. Any why is it that people who drive super nice cars like ferraris always seem to not deserve to drive them because they drive like idiots on the road?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes i have... unfortunately i lost my car

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah same here.

6. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i had a lady pull a uturn infront of me today while i was infront of work. her fault and i get a new front bumper, left fender and left headlight.

7. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Glad that you are OK Nick..

Mark

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

make that 3

9. Wow, close call bro....... glad those tires are working out for ya..... ;)

10. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Yup, that hill is right next to my restaurants, freaks me out every time I go over it, cause it's totally blind and people usually fly through there. But if you take it at about 90 you get some great weightless action goin on (I didn't do that, but I was in a car that was being driven like that, never again).

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to hear everything is okay!

12. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

what a wonderful day, get hit, tech loses and then get thrown out of a bar for no reason, fuck you moondogs

13. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

what the hell? This is officially renamed the poor luck thread. sry to hear that, usually never have trouble at moondogs.

14. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

you sure you went to the right place? there is a bulldogs also :rofl::rofl:

15. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Only UGA people go there, it's aptly named. Can we come to a consensus that we don't post threads about tech games before they happen since it's bad luck?

<-- probably a little too superstitious about these things

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats fine... in the future, if anyone causes GA Tech bad luck, he/she deserves a ban ;)

jk guys... or am i serious?

mmwhahahahah

17. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I went to UGA for 3 years, does that earn me a ban?

18. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

am at UGA does that mean getting killed?

tech people are just envious of the women, or in their case lack of :p

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

GSU is right next door to tech... i like to call it tech's female campus :keke:

20. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

GSU girls are ok, Emory as well. But i always get a shudder down my spine whenever agnes scott girls show up to our parties...they a bit crazy.