Online Defensive Driving - Open to suggestions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Oct 26, 2006.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Just looking to get signed up for an online DD class. Just curious if anyone has had any experiences with any? If so which ones?

2. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

interesting, i didnt know they had this, i have to take one in the next few days to get a ticket dropped

3. gte123v

gte123v Member

there are a bunch of them online, but I believe in georgia you have to take a physical class in order for it to count. The georgia DOT has a list of which ones are approved and non of them are the online classes.

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

With Allstate, the insurance discount applies with approved online courses. You don't have to take a physical class for it to count. I cannot speak of other insurance companies.

Keith, let me know what you end up doing. My insurance agent recommended Kristy and I do it. It could safe us up to 10% on each auto policy.

5. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I did an online course and the court accepted it for my ticket. I can't remember which one, but it was the same one that Dan used.

6. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Same here Keith, Let me know. I spoke to my insurance people yesterday
    and they mentioned that a dd class would lower our rates some 17%. :wiggle:

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:bigthumb: That's a beautiful thing!

8. lostinthewoods

Thats why we are doing it. Just wanna make sure the one we do is accepted. Based on my Allstate agent as long as its a valid certificate it should not matter. We are going after the 10% discount to :p

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

so do you have to be married to get this discount? or atleast a 10% discount

10. lostinthewoods

nope.. just take it. talk to ur insurance just to be sure. Its basically 10% off for each vehicle ur name is on. I know its not 10% the entire policy. Just have to check with ur company

11. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Marriage does lower your premiums, but I don't think it is an eligibility requirement for a defensive driving discount. There are some eligibility requirements (age, etc.), but I don't know the specifics. Your agent should have the details.

12. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

cool thanks

13. lostinthewoods

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?... anyone

14. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I actually checked the DDS website:
    http://www.dds.ga.gov/DUI/DUIdata.aspx?con=1748482551&ty=dui
    The online place that I used was:
    http://www.drivinguniversity.com
    and the courthouse that I used accepted it without issue, but YMMV!

If it is for insurance purposes, ask your agent, and they will let you know if they accept an online course certificate. Dan (dlowman) had no trouble with his insurance company accepting his online school.

--
    Brian