trade in?$

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Oct 31, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Subaru sent me an e-mail and a letter sayin that they garuntee 11,700 on my wagon for another 06-07 ride very tempting But if I can't have same or lower payments I dont think it would be worth it I may see what the numbers look like...I have till Jan 7th to make a decision. Oh so VERY Tempting.

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

What do you owe on it?? Classic gave me 17K for my 03' with 26,000 miles on it...

3. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Think you could private sale and do better!

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I got the same thing but they guaranteed me something like 23,500.

It is pretty tempting, but the thought of starting over doesn't appeal to me.

5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Do you really want 5 more years of payments? If you bought your car new you should be real close to having it paid off.

Modding a paid off car is alot more practical than modding and having payments.

6. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Did you read the fine print on the back of the flyer? It was quite amusing.

--
    Brian

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

+1 ... "guaranteed" is a very loose term. Definitely check that fine print if you're considering.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Check KBB or Edmunds to see what your car is worth as a trade. 11.7 sounds relatively normal from what I can tell, so I doubt you're getting any sweet deal through Subaru.

Also, slight derail: don't think of it as just payments. If you get 11.7 for your car and pay say 24 for a new one, whether you kept the same payment or even got it lower you've still spent over $12k. Gotta ask yourself, if your car is in decent shape, is it worth twelve thousand and change to get something newer? If you had $12k in the bank right now, would you spend it on a car? Car payments don't have to be a part of life... :)

9. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Plus, and I know you can play this game ad infinitum, but the 08's look to be a step up performance wise and quality wise. Since you have a wagon, I assume a hatch would be appealing to you. If you really want a new car, why buy an incremental upgrade now, when in a year, you can step up to a completely new platform? Just my .o2...

10. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I got that to they guaranteed me 16,000 for my wrx

11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Thats the issue that I was looking at also.

12. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah out side of going back to stock I would have to fix the windsheild and the rock chips in thr front so not really lookin like such a great deal any more but the intial set up looked good.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Lol, Subaru offered me amount I deemed far too low.

14. Demo24

Demo24 Member

17800 for mine. Guess when you factor in the 300 extra bucks its not really that bad of a deal. I was tempted as well, due to my luck with the current car. But I want it paid off more than I want a new car.

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

LOL, Subaru offered me a trade-in amount on a car I no longer own. :D