Cobb Front and Rear Sway Bars

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by jonnyboy0150, Nov 1, 2006.

1. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

I put Cobb front and rear sway bars on my new wagon a couple days ago. They feel 10 times better than my Perrin bars+Springs on my bugeye, and my wagon still has stock suspension otherwise! Fitment was perfect! The undercarriage has changed quite a bit, so I couldn't replace the front bar without dropping the subframe like your "supposed to." But no big deal. Install went rather smooth.

All the talk about how hollow bars suck is total nonsense!! These feel much better than my solid Perrin sways that I had.

I recommend these babies!! :)

Now I wanna get Tein SS-P dampers and Cobb Endlinks.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Nice choice on the Cobb pieces man. I definitely like everything I've read about them.

Remember to save up a little so you can get the performance allignment along with the coilovers when you get them installed.... that is of course if you're getting them installed.

3. johnnyboy any trouble installing.?Does it feel like the handling characteristics have changed.?

4. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

They are a breeze to install. The instructions that come with the bars are very good, w/clear pictures as well.

Handling characteristics are dramatically changed with the sways. Some guys will argue that bigger sway bars offer the best improvement in handling. Body roll has been reduced greatly and grip has improved. Overall, the car is so much more fun to drive now! If you are looking to get some, I highly recommend it! Youll love the way the car handles afterwards!

Any other questions??

5. Are the wagon and sedan bars the same??my wife has a saabaru

6. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Yes, I am pretty sure they are. You might want to email Cobb to make sure!

7. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

what endlinks did you end up using for the COBB sways ?

8. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Stock, I will probably get some Cobb endlinks if the stockers ever break.

9. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Any chance of taking a picture of the fronts with the stock endlinks (either side)

10. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Nah, it was dark out when I put them on. Are you just curious about the angle of the endlinks??

11. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

yes
    more interested in the angle of endlinks and sways

12. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

The endlinks do connect at an angle. But the angle is very slight, If i were to guess, Id say no more than about 5 degrees or so. But in no way are the endlinks bound up. It looks as if the endlink bushings easily accomodate the slight angle. I dont believe that the angle is putting any abnormal stress on the endlink.

13. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

you are most likely correct
    the only way to really know is take a picture with a reference straight edge / level in the background

14. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I like my COBB bars too, but now I realize how much my tires sucked!

15. How big are the Cobb Front and rear sways on a WRX?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  16. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

25mm I believe.

17. SoG has a special on the 27 fr and 24 rear. There site states for STI.would these work on a 06 wrx?Does any one know the stock sway bar sizes?
    beuller. bueller.
    For my 06 wrx I was thinking the largest bar that wont break anything and then whatever goes best with it in the back.Also I do not want the temptation to fiddle with adjustments so a single size bar is ok.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  18. Boxer112

Boxer112 Member

are you on stock suspension???

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

To answer the question earlier, the Wagons & Saabarus have a wagon specific front sway bar. The rear is a sedan sway bar.