Slow Down In Lawrenceville!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Intrigue2727, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

The Lawrenceville Police Have Theses Dark Gray Crown Vicks, And You Can Not See Them At Night, Its B S . Got Me Doin 64 In A 45. I Am Pissed.

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It's BS that you were caught for doing 20 over? :)

3. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

He Did Not Turn His Radar On Until I Was 100 Feet From Him.

4. gte123v

gte123v Member

wow, cops are getting smart, just doing pop up radar readings

5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

wait till the chargers and magnums start showin up there.

speeding happens, pay it and call it a day.

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Cops are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. Don't believe me?....

There are about 20 major police forums on the net and there are plenty of cops who know just as much about cars, and the people who love cars, as many of us do.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, but you guys need to stop busting people for breaking the law... seriously, that's not cool. ;)

8. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Sorry to here that man. Cops are not smart they just make you thank they are. :keke:

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Lol. It's natural to get defensive or even a little pissed if you get a ticket. But the truth is I'm surprised it's taken until now for county, city and state police to start being stealthy with thier cars. I guess they're kinda married to the idea that they should drive domestic cars even though IMO imports would be a lot less conspicuous.

10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah the boys in nj were doing unmarked dark cars about 20yrs ago.

11. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

That's a loaded statement Josh...come on now...have respect for Law Enforcement...I know quite a few Cobb County PD that are extremely intelligent, and also in various other areas..

Mark:hsnono:

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we have police officers who are contributing members on this site... such a generalization is unnecessary

13. ^^^ You rock Milo :)

As far as the police cars go, the dark colored slick-topped cars with nonreflective lettering are Lawrenceville's DUI Task Force. Suwanee, Duluth and Gwinnett have similar setups as DUI and traffic units, and they are very difficult to pick up at night...... that's the point.

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah, I wasn't really pissed so much as I was worried when I got my ticket. Being under 21, I stand to lose my license... My girlfriend's sister is a cop and her fiance is a Narcotics det., and trust me, the more than you do about being sneaky

15. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Those things are hard to spot even in the day time! Though they seem to seem to have disappeared lately.

I have noticed more cops out lately. Guess they are trying to crack down on the speeding.

16. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I wish they'd crack down on tailgating more than anything else. That and people on their f-in cellphones.

Every morning I drive to work and see at least a half dozen soccer moms carting their little bastards around while chatting on their phone and weaving all over the damn road. Going 10 under the speed limit, causing me to get tailgated by some redneck in a pick-em-up truck who's cracking the first beer of the day.

17. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

THAT was the funniest thing I've seen all day! :bowdown:

18. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:rofl::rofl: The best laugh of the day!

19. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

The Police have a job to do and the majority do it well, But why oh why did ya need to move away from the police crown vic :wtc: was it really not that many tickets being passed out because of it that ya gotta fake us out:squint: Next thing I'll be slowing down for ricers in Hondas lol. :hsnono:

AND its gettin holiday time so they will be out in force.

20. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I think with the overall awareness of vehicle performance the way it is today the Crown Vic was just doomed, for today's use, from the drawing board.

Not that you couldn't make it good but in stock form it's just such a pig!
    [​IMG]
    And yes I know that there are police specials and so on a so forth.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  21. Greg

Greg Active Member

When I get caught, I get caught, I don't ever really deny that I did it, I just wish that the penalties for people under 21 weren't so harsh! It seems like today, they just want to revoke our licenses for any reason that they can. Its stupid to take my license for a first offence speeding ticket... Even if it is 25 over, who doesn't do 80mph on 85S?

22. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Good One Moose...I totally agree with you...not just soccer mom's either...I hate the weavers...

Mark:keke::rofl:

23. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I use to slow down for granmas in their own vics! See a vrown vic and slow down even if I was doin the limit lol

24. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

Indeed. A day or two ago, some nimrod got so close to me I couldn't see his headlights!

So, to reward him, I slowed down.

DD

25. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

dude you have no idea
    this lady on a cell phone with her bastards in an suv backed right into a 17 passenger honking at her and passenger yelling out the window at her VAN off of windward right in front of the panada express by homedepot. I was laughing my ass off and replaying that scene from snatch in my mind. This was a slow occurance, she was SLOWLY backing up, and sort of looking around, I imagine her kids were saying something, but she was balls deep in that cellphone

Vinny: Why are we stopped here? What's wrong with that spot?
    Tyrone: It's too tight.
    Vinny: Too tight? You could land a jumbo f**king jet in that...

Tyrone: I didn't see it there.
    Vinny: It's a four ton truck, Tyrone. Its not as though its a bag of f**king peanuts, is it?
    Tyrone: It was at a funny angle.
    [All three turn and look back at the truck]
    Vinny: It's behind you Tyrone. Whenever you reverse, things come at you from behind.

It was a good laugh, oh yes.

Then after that we comment on how this one narrow section of parking lot is dangerous and how a wreck is going to happen there, well we jinxed that place real bad, some moron rear ended a bimmer (noticed as we were leaving the orange box), and this poor silver wrx was blocked in by a cop, that should have told the people, who's cars barely registered a scratch, to move. I am NEVER going near that area again, everytime I do, it's crazy. It's like each time I go to northpoint mall, there is always a lady in a mercedes benz flying through a parking lot through the spaces on her phone that almost hits me, I think it might be the same lady. I'm seriously not exagerating, if I'm over there during the day, something like this happens almost every time.

this is my cop rant.
    I don't mind cops doing their job, it's just when they treat me like a criminal for having a pen knife or if I have my pistol. I know they need to feel safe, that's why before I even give them anything, hands out window, and I get out of the car at there instruction and let them get my wallet for me. Then if they want I'll be cuffed while they check the gun out, I don't mind that. I just don't like being threatened with jail time for 10 over at 2am and yelled at like I was killing children with a blunt object simply because I have a pistol and a carry permit. Oh and when he found my external hard drive when he was searching my car, he asked if there was anything on it he needed to know about. I had a prescip, in the pharmacy bottle, I picked it up earlier that night, and it was still stapled shut, it was narcotic cough syrup, I then had to prove I was me and all that kind of stuff. And the pen knife is a "weapon" I forgot about, to which I was yelled at further, I'm glad I didn't have any nail clippers homeland security might have gotten involved. so far out of 2 actual tickets and many warnings, cobb/marietta is great in my book, and when I've done something stupid and admitted to it, they give me warnings, and got one ticket. In Alpharetta/roswell (where I know a bunch of cops) have been the worst, only once have I not been treated like a rapist terrorist murderer on a rampage with nukes.

I like cobb pd they get a bad rep, but you really can Count On Being Busted there, they just do their job, ie expired tags and all that, that is YOUR prob not thiers, what makes me mad is I know cops that abuse the position and one rolled with an expired tag for 9 months, and got out of multiple 100+ over tickets in 35/45 mph zones (and they were racing one time, other party did get ticketed to the fullest extent, and NOTHING for said friend of mine). I understand reciprocity and principles like that, but in some cases the person needs some kind of infraction because clearly they are a danger to peoples safety.

Well moral of the story, don't get caught in Tater or Roswell. It's hard not to get "the mentality" when you are strapped to a gun all day 24/7/365 and face potential death, that's why I am not a LEO.

26. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I moved out to roswell/alpharetta area just so I wouldnt have to put up with that in Decatur (Always put hands out and let them know and let them get it if you have a weapon)with the gun dude assumed it was a body on it an thought I was just bad ass not to have scratched out the serial # when it came back clean he looked for anything in my car that he could but found nothing, Cobb...well lets just say i've heard stories and I dont want to find out if its true or not. They always look at me like :squint: even when I'm at a light.