Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Galimore

Galimore Member

Thanks -- Cool I have a lot of friends that went to Fayette, I went to Sandy Creek :squint:

2. RallySTiLE

RallySTiLE New Member

My wife is originally fom Maryland too. They used to live in Baltimore 2 blocks from the Raven's stadium. Nice to have you guys on board.

3. MumblinAviator

MumblinAviator New Member

New to the club

Hello!
    I'm an owner of an 04 Java Black STi, already a member of clubwrx.net, and might possibly be movin to the area shortly so figured I'd check in with you all and introduce myself. I'm a Naval Flight Officer soon to be moving out of San Antonio, and hopefully gettin tuned over at Topspeed within the next couple months!

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta :wavey:

feel free to PM either me or Alex if you have any questions, comments or concerns

5. mamock116

mamock116 New Member

hello my name is matt. i dont really have a Subaru but im in love with them! i plan on gettting an STI when i get out of college :sx: ,right now im a poor college student with no money.

1. Where do you live? Statesboro, GA
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Matt
    3. What do you drive? 06 Mazda 3 with a mt
    4. How modded is your ride? k&n drop in air filter
    5. Where do you usually by parts? online
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? just my mazda forum
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? all go with some show
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? yea
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? at a car meet in Savannah one sat. night

6. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Welcome to the boards Matt I drive a 05 STi and can honestly tell you it is the best most responsive car I've ever driven. Hang in there, the wait is well worth what is instore for you. As for wrxatlanta you came to the right place. Everyone is very helpfull here.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome :)

8. mamock116

mamock116 New Member

thanks for the welcome guys

9. TurboWRXGirl

TurboWRXGirl New Member

M. Where do you live? Birmingham, Alabama
    A. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Daddy...Oh wait i thought you were asking what to call you!
    D.What do you drive? 2002 WRX
    N. How modded is your ride? Haha...Considering i have only had it almost 2 and a half months. Not very yet. TurboXS RFL BOV....Coming soon...Turbo Catback Exhaust, Lowering Springs, 18x8 Rotas, Cold Air Intake, Uppipe...
    J. Where do you usually by parts? People i know
    P. Do you visit any other local boards? Nasioc.com, BDSM, Myspace
    N. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock for Now
    Y. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yes...and leave notes on their cars :)
    O. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? EMSJUNKIE

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome

and whats with the MADNJPNYO instead of 1-9?

oh wait...maybe I figured it out...

11. TurboWRXGirl

TurboWRXGirl New Member

Haha...My tag on my car says MADNJPN and i couldnt think of anything else for the other two numbers haha

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the boards :)

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice tag :D

Welcome!

14. 02Scuby

02Scuby New Member

1. Where do you live?
    Paulding County, west of Atlanta

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    DJ

3. What do you drive?
    WRX as the daily driver, 85 Mustang coupe

4. How modded is your ride?
    Stock, boost gauge going in this weekend.

5. Where do you usually by parts?
    No where yet.

6. Do you visit any other local boards?
    Streetcarforums.com Mostly Mustang guys.

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    Stock.

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    Always.

9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    NASIOC

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welcome :)

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome DJ :wavey:

17. zarathustra94

zarathustra94 New Member

Hi-

Another newbie here. I've loved the WRX for years and finally got one ( 06 STI ) in late june. Heard about this board this past weekend at an event of Georgia Tech folks driving around up in the mountains. We live up in Alpharetta and always wave and chuckle when we see another WRX. The first time it happened ( on the way back from the dealership the day we got it ) it was a shock when another STI rolled down his window and waved... The shock has worn off, but the community feeling is great.

We're still stock for now, but I think we are going to go with some "Go" mods for more fun in the mountains.

Hi all!

18. wrxin8or

welcome, glad you are enjoying the suby

19. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome zara :)

21. Deke

Deke Active Member

Another mustang guy, nice. I don't have mine anymore but before my suby I had a 68 fastback gt. I like it when I see others like myself that enjoy both imports and domestics. Welcome to the boards!

22. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Where do you live? Marietta
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? David
    What do you drive? '94 Cobra and '04 R32
    How modded is your ride? mildly
    Where do you usually by parts? MPH, Eurotech Atlanta, Summit
    Do you visit any other local boards? www.svtoa-atlanta.org
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? yep
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Ped

Well, after a year and a half of lurking, I finally joined. Ped invited me on a mtn run in July '05 and from then on, I was hooked. I met alot of you guys on the mtn runs I went on last year (July, Aug, Oct) - and those were an absolute blast. I was in my R32 on those runs. Those mtn runs really made me wish I had bought the '05 STi I was looking at when I bought the R. Oh well. Maybe, I'll end up getting one someday. I've finally decided I can part with the R, but I don't think I can let go of the Cobra - and that's probably the only way I'll get into an STi...

23. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Welcome! All you have to do to get rid of the Cobra is ride in some of the guys putting 400 awhp around a twisty track.

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta david :wavey:

25. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

That probably would do the trick. Haven't been in one that powerful, but I have driven/ridden in a 300awhp STi. I kind of (re)fell in love with rear wheel drive at the the last track day though. Surprisingly, the Cobra outhandled the R at Road Atlanta. I never could get a handle on the massive understeer on the R. I think my plans are to sell the R and continue to modify the Cobra. Wouldn't be surprised if I end up with an STi one day though.

26. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Thanks Milo. Looking forward to seeing your new ride in person sometime. On the last mtn run we went on, you still had the wrx.

27. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Very Cool....I used to live in Laurel, and it would only take 30 minutes to get to the new stadium...I miss those days...I know that area very well...

Welcome...

Mark:)

28. MarkM2016GTI

Hey David....Nice to see you on the boards...How have you been man?.

Mark

29. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Hey Mark. Thanks. I've been good. Yeah, it's been a while. How's the wagon running? I saw you may get a job in Thialand - any word on that yet?

30. MarkM2016GTI

I should find out in about 2 weeks if the Lucent position in Singapore comes through, David. The wagon is doing fine. How is that hot stang and R32?. I hope that the job comes through, and hopefully Lucent can help with relo. It is a Optical Solutions Consultant.

Mark:)

31. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

The stang is running good - Ped helped me with some suspension/brake work last month and it made a HUGE difference. Now I just need a supercharger so my V8 can keep up with some of these turbo 4's. The R is good too, but after it got spanked by the Cobra at Road Atlanta, I'm seriously thinking of selling - especially while the market is still good.

32. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

1. Where do you live? - South Sandy SPrings
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? - Russell
    3. What do you drive? - 1997 Nissan Altima GXE
    4. How modded is your ride? - zippo
    5. Where do you usually by parts? - N/A
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? - No
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? - Stock
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? - Not Yet
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? - Google

Well I am a new member as of two weeks ago or so and I have read a lot of the threads here so do research and find out if the WRX is the right car from me after reading what some owners have to say.

I went and did a test drive today at SOG and Mike was very good. My finances are almost set so I'll be making a decision within a month. I think I'll be getting a 2006 WRX limited. After I become a WRX owner, then I'll have more to post on here. Hope to meet some of you people and get to learn more about the car.

-Russell

33. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

I don't think you will regret your choice. Welcome to the boards.

34. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Welcome Russell. Come out to some of the meets. This is definitely a great board and there's a lot of knowledge across the spectrum of mods and lots of opinions on things. Plus the guys are awesome to hang out with and always willing to answer questions. You won't be disappointed with a WRX if that's the way you go. If you don't, we'd still make sure you have a great time at meets.

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

feel free to PM me if you have any issues/questions/comments/concerns :)

36. MarkM2016GTI

Hey Paul,

I live in Kennesaw also..Hope to see ya around soon. Have a good one....
    I may have seen you on BP..

Mark

37. abbalich

abbalich New Member

Where do you live? Atlanta / Chamblee
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Barry
    What do you drive? STI Limited
    How modded is your ride? Stock
    Where do you usually by parts? None yet
    Do you visit any other local boards? None yet
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock for now, go later on.
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? absolutley
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Subaru of Gwinnett Banner in Showroom / Sales person, Gary.

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

39. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

:wavey: Welcome to the boards

40. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Wow lots of transportation options you have... the STi limited is a great ride. I almost bought my STi from Gary but I found a better deal in south bumble columbus. Welcome to the boards I hope you find this site as helpfull as I have..

41. wrxin8or

sweet...another STI limited, woohoo

welcome

42. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

welcome to the boards folks :D

43. MarkM2016GTI

Welcome to the forums...There are a few of us that are vets too...Enjoy your stay...Do you fly the F/A 18 by chance?.

Mark

44. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Hey abbalich, did you get that white Sti Limited from there? If so, I was in SOG the same day they pulled it out of the showroom for your pickup. I was buying my WRX and signing my life away. I hate to tell you, I drooled on that car before you came to pick it up. hahaha :)

-Russ

45. karr83

karr83 New Member

Where do you live? Stone Mountain

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Just call me J

What do you drive? 02 WRX Silver Bugeye

How modded is your ride? Perrin UpPipe, Perrin FMIC, Invidia catted Downpipe w/divorced wastegate, HKS Hi-power cat-back exhaust, HKS SSQV, HKS Type0 Turbo Timer, Greddy Profec 2 Spec B boost controller, AccessPort (Pro-Tune from SOG Performance) Eibach Sport springs, 18" rims/covered by Kuhmo Supra tires. (I think that's it for now.)

Where do you usually by parts? Online mostly, but have parts installed at Mahdavi Motorsports. (Excellent service)

Do you visit any other local boards? improtatlanta.com occassionally as well as this site occassionally.

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? A little show, alot of go... (planning to be more go eventually)

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Try to when I see them.

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? I was at Mahdavi Motorsports a while ago and spoke with Alex. I'm just now getting around to posting something up here. I'll try to be more active in the future. :)

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

47. WhTWrX

WhTWrX New Member

New to WRXAtlanta, intoduce myself

I am a 20 year old male that just bought a wrx and am looking to join and get some of those wrx stickers. how do i get them?

Where do you live? Norcross, Ga
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Alex
    What do you drive? 2002 Subaru WRX
    How modded is your ride? Cat-back HKS exhaust and SPT Cold air Intake
    Where do you usually by parts? Dealership or online
    Do you visit any other local boards? no
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? I want to make the car as fast as possible
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? if we see eatchother I do
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Someone's car had a sticker that said wrxatlanta.com Would like to get a couple of those if possible. will pay for them.

48. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to WRXatlanta

you can pick up decals from either myself or alex... simply introduce yourself at a meet and they will be free :)

49. Mrs. Slowwrx

Mrs. Slowwrx New Member

Where do you live?powder town
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?mrs baller will suffice
    What do you drive? 07 STI limited. #539/800:cool:
    How modded is your ride?its not
    Where do you usually by parts?whereever the mr tells me to
    Do you visit any other local boards? do running boards count?
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? i want to stay stock. but look how stock matts STI is.:rolleyes:
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?oh yeah!
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?the mr.

50. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

What what, congrats on the limited hun.

For those that don't know Beth and I were married a few weeks ago, we have been together for like 9 years so its not really anything new for us.

Ill post pics when I get them off the camera.

Matt

P.S. its getting modded as soon as its broke in.