For those interested....Wrecked 06 STI

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calmnothing, Oct 24, 2006.

1. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

2. Oh wow, his friend did this!

3. calmnothing

Exactly why I am the only one who drives my car....

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Drew get on that! All you will need is your 2 door impreza and you're set.

Edit: haha ok, so readin through the posts I've found that you already know about it...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  5. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

that thing got raped and i would kill my friend if he did that to my brand new car.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

damnit, no part out. I want the 06 console :D

7. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i tried my best, but a fellow wrxatlantian beat me to it, and i will be gettin my rs on sat btw

I had an early heads up on it from seigel, but so did another member and he got there, but congrats to him, it will make for a sweet swap car

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

who?

9. Can anyone host those pictures? I can't see it because i'm not a memeber

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

OUCH!!:eek:hnoes: even if it wasnt his fault could not be in his presence for a while.

11. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

+1

12. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

wouldn't this be a steal for somebody that just wants an STI? just get a new front end and back end...? after repairs it seems like it would still be a steal. Unless I forgot to read something.

13. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

If the insurance company totaled it, it can't be cheap to fix and make street legal again, but great for parts/race car build.

I saw some drew post that Matt (slowwrx) bought it. Is this the case?

--
    Brian

14. Alex

yeah, apparently matt did buy it.

15. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

sounds like a OLA car candidate, maybe????

16. scuby drew

yea, matt picked up the car, it was not totalled by insurance, but would need tonnns of work, its pretty much just good for the driveline and motor swap and the interior, and i imagine the frame will be sold to someone to build a track only set up

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Doesn't Matt already have an STi? If so then I suspect Siegel gonna get an STi engine for his RS...we can hope.

18. Alex

Actually, Matt ended up NOT getting the car. The guy rejected his offer. Talked to him about this yesterday.

19. scuby drew

this is correct, neither one of us ended up gettin the car, the guy ended up wanting a bit too much for it, i imagine he will be holding onto the car

20. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Hey Drew, I offered him 9k which I thought was pretty reasonable since there was a lot of damage, what did you end up offering him.

Matt

21. scuby drew

yea, i thought 9k was really reasonable so that was my first offer, but he was like no thats a little too low, so i came back with 10k and he still wouldnt take it. He thinks that by all the ricers postin on import atlanta in his fs add that ppl are interested in it and that its worth a ton more than 12, which he said hed sell it to either of us for. in a pm he said if either of us didnt buy it he was gunna raise the price bc of all the response he had. i know how import atlanta works for the most part, and not a one of the people that responded to the thread had the cash ready to pick up the car, as both of us did. O well, it woudl have been a good deal for 8-10k, but much more is kinda pushin it.

22. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I agree, he said he had a lot of intrest and I just laughed, on import atlanta there are about 4 or 5 people that can pull togehter 10k that fast. I'm betting he sits on that car for a while if he wants more than 9k for it.

Matt

23. scuby drew

yup, thats what i thought. internet interest on import atlanta....hahaha, you could make a post sellin dog food and you would get 10 replies in the first five minutes. i doubt he will get rid of it any time soon

24. Alex

lol.

25. calmnothing

Everyone on IA is broke. To have someone offer you that in cash right away I would've taken it. Or got off my lazyass and parted it out and made more than 10k. I'm also gonna agree that he'll be sitting on it for quite a while.

26. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i was looking at getting his tranny too. couldn't he make more money off it if he parted it out?

27. Brian

Brian Active Member

Stealing another pimp's ho is bad enough, but you want cut his tranny ho too? Wrong, wrong... ;)

28. Trey

Trey Active Member

From the pics it looks like the car was towed with just the front wheels off the ground. :squint:

29. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha yeah he says something in his post about how he got there after the tow truck got the car up, but before it actually went anywhere. So he had them switch to a flat bed.