Gwar

Discussion in 'Music' started by Slowsoul, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Anyone else here a fan? Anyone go to the show last night at the Masquerade?

2. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!

they were in town? i wish i had been there.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Their shows are allways fun, just don't stand in the first 15 rows.......

4. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

Dude I wanted to go sooooooo bad, i saw them last time they came and its totally insane!!!!

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Oh shit that was last night? I knew they were coming to town but not this soon. Gwar was my first big concert when I was 15, they're insane live.

6. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

What?!?! That is where I was the whole show, about 2 "rows" back (if you would call them that)

While watching Gor Gor devour Lucifer on stage last night, and then Odurous slay Gor Gor for the thousandth time I took pause and reflected on how fucking awesome it all was. Sword fights, blood, guts, gore, monsters, atom bombs, elbows, fists...and then you look around and you, being at a GWAR show is like being in the middle of a giant battle on some godforesaken-planet-medieval. On top of it all, it is such good metal! I have vowed never to miss another show, because when they are gone, there won't be anyone else quite like them again. I wish I had seen some of the earlier tours, Scumdogs of the Universe, America Must be Destroyed. I was into them then, but I was to worried about my peers thinking I was a dork or something...I know, pretty fucking gay, but that is how highschool is. Now I don't give a shit.

They have such a good sense of humor about what they do...I love seeing the look on peoples faces when I tell them I went to a Gwar show, they just don't get it..."A GWAR show?...oh, that's nice."

I am curious as to where they are going to play when The Masquerade closes its doors. I would love to see them at The Tabernacle, that would be so effing awesome! It would be such a great place to see them!

Now that I know that there are some fans here on the board, I will make sure that I remind everyone the next time they are here, maybe we can make a little WRX G2G at the GWAR show!!! Sweet!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  7. 7wolf

7wolf Member

damn it. i can't believe i missed the show again! i would have totally gone!

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

hahaha, gwar.

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I can't believe they are still around. I saw them 20 years ago at VCU in Richmond before they got banned.

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

I just remember seeing them on beavis and butthead. Also I want to say I watched some short documentary on them on vh1 or mtv. Haha, very interesting is all I can really say. I wouldn't mind seeing a concert, but I would never just listen to the music. And I automatically chuckle whenever I even hear them mentioned. :)

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea let us know the next time they play..I cant say i am a fan of the music but the shows look really entertaining!

12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Personally I cant stand their music but if I know about a Gwar show I wont miss it.

13. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

And just for the record, I think that The Insane Clown Posse and Slipknot are total shit...I have NEVER been a fan of that crap...worst excuse for metal evarh.