Private For Sale

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by calmnothing, Dec 21, 2006.

1. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Does the For sale forum only show up if you have atleast 25 posts? If so, we may want to put a huge disclaimer somewhere when people register saying they can't sell things until they have 25 posts. I'm noticing a lot of for sale threads in the technical forums and such.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea..it is being addressed. thanks for bringing it to our attention.

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

weird it works/has worked for me since i've been a member......

4. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

The reason behind this is quite simple: we wanted to cut down on the amount of lurkers passing through simply to post a for sale and then leaving. We want this community to be full of active members, those that do not contribute and leech off our services are not entitled to what a reasonable active member should have.

5. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That's good stuff right there. I hate when people actually think they'll be able to sell something when they have like 3 posts.

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

It also proves to make transactions smoother since after a couple of posts you'll at least have somewhat of a reputation on the site, if not in person.

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah thats true. i completely agree with that policy. hopefully i have some credit. i know most of you probly dont know me or recognize me. but i am on here everyday. and i was at the last install day. ha, anyways its a great policy.