For heavens sake.... Nasioc is rough

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Nemesis Digital, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

well thats nasioc for ya...teh OT is kinda rough sometimes

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Come to think of it, the intro page is sorta harsh on the eyes...why not try something like this

[​IMG]

The problem is, you need to appeal to a mass of what I'll refer to as "sophisticated" people but tie in somewhat of the G theme...

3. ddwyer50

ddwyer50 Member

haha I read the thread what fools. Who cares about arguing on a forum!!!

4. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I don't even bother to post on nasioc... I know what they'll say. We're accustomed to these southern manners...

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

sorry for the bad comments you got george.....:thumbsdow...no doubt you have way more skills than those cats so don't sweat it.....:fawk:

6. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

ROFMLAO... dude if there's one thing to remember when you go to nabisco it would be a freshly popped bag of popcorn.

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

ah, pffff, what a bunch of turds.

8. WJM

WJM Banned

NASIOC OT is FTL.

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Don't get me wrong.........

... ....but that ish was sorta funny. The OT is definitely a different world. I can only take it in small doses.

10. legacy05gt

legacy05gt Member

haha, remember that shyt that they did to the Audi guy

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Dont get me wrong I really do think you have a gift with photography but I have to agree on the name. I dont consider the word "mafia" as a positive thing and I would not want to associate with any kind of "mafia". But thats just my opinion and we all know what they say about those. With that said the site looks fine. The name is the only thing I dont care for.

12. Alex

Its like bugeye mafia, its cool, but its difficult to take seriously. Nikon isnt cheap, so lets see if we can find you a name that has a bit more class and still retains a sense of chill and avoids "yeah, you are damn right we are better than everyone else!"

13. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Dammit, and I had just sent the "Snellville mafia" shirt order off to the printer... it was going to be a surprise :wtc:

On a more serious note, think of it like this... cars are 'cool', cameras really aren't. You're not going to find somebody ricing out their D50. Most people who are into photography are interested in learning and sharing, not being part of a 'cool' or 'bad' clique. You'd be far more likely to succeed with a name like 'Nikon Lovers' or 'Nikon Enthusiasts' IMO.

14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Don't take those folks on NASIOC seriously George...You have mad skills....Congrats on your new job also...

Mark

15. Alex

Why not change it to the "Nikon Element"...

[​IMG]

16. Weapon

Snellville in da Hizouse

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

teh OT is a tough crowd....a LOT of them are into cameras and taking pictArs and whatnot, BUT they all use Canon...IN FACT, there was a canon swap thread in OT a couple months ago. In fact, there have been a few threads like that.....get in where you fit in I guess.....

I personally love it there, but I'm old skool there, so I fit in....I guess...

18. MarkM2016GTI

But the difference is...you are a cool person...they aren't...LOL...

Mark:coolugh:

19. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

stay off the "nasty cock" site.:p thats the reason why i left the srt community, and srtforums. i don't know much about photography but from the pics i've seen from George is pure art! thumbs up bro.

20. MarkM2016GTI

:rofl::rofl:...That is definitely true bro...I have never heard that term said of NASIOC before..pretty funny...

Mark:keke::keke::keke::keke:

21. Weapon

come on guys lets quit the name calling. I know the off topic section can be harsh on Nasioc and they are not the most "NooB" friendly site but there is no reason for us to bad mouth another community. If anything lets try and set an example of how others should act and treat one another.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  22. Alex

Look, it's the internet. We cant all be friends :D Despite the thread title, this is about george's new forum. Support his efforts, but do not continue on the thread regarding Nasioc's OT. If you dont enjoy that type of enviornment, stay out -- it isnt for you ;)

Sorry guys, you have let this one slip a bit too far. If you'd like to entertain a promising discussion regarding George's new website (not NASIOC), please see his other thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.