When enough is enough...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

My neighbors across the street have gone a bit too far with this one. One of them is gay, which is fine. To be honest, I dont really care, be gay all you want. I know I am straight all I want. I have nothing against gay culture, I grew up mostly in midtown. As a matter of fact, they tend to make great neighbors. This is not a rant against that culture by anymeans. My gripe comes down to using symbols and such...this guy has done over the hill and its now 100% intrustive. I cannot walk out of my house and not be just set back by this. He had a smaller pride flag before which was fine, go him...however I came back yesterday to find this. I have been sitting here all morning trying to figure out when exactly enough is enough and too much becomes way too much...

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

A cartons of eggs should take care of that! Say no more say no more...

3. Kraut

Kraut New Member

Agreed

4. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i wouldnt egg it, maybe go over and just talk to the guy.

5. Alex

Thats where Im heading at somepoint soon. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt overthinking the situtation...

6. Trey

Trey Active Member

Egg the house? You guys are assholes IMO. So what he has a flag. I fly a huge LSU flag all football season as do many other football fans. No one complains about that. What about the american flag? A flag is a flag.

He has his right IMO.

To be honest, I was expecting to see something much worse based on your build up. :p

7. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

What's with all the satellite dishes? Is he running a pirate TV station from his house?

8. Alex

I realize, the change is just dramatic from the smaller one to the larger one. I'm well aware he has a right to fly his flag and do whatever he likes, that was never an agrument. I was simply stating that whats the point for such a huge one when his smaller ones were doing just fine...did he suddenly become more proud?

9. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

lol, u need to find a confederate flag. [insert redneck joke here]

10. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Seem to be blowing it a bit out of proportion mate. He's not causing any harm with it and it's not a particularly offensive image. Just put up a massive flag of Carmen Electra so people can see your straight pride.

11. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Just wait till he leaves and put a anonymous letter in his mailbox.

12. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Way to talk for us out here on the " Westside " of town CHRIS..... Hell yeah go Rednecks!! YEEHAW...

But back to the point, I like the anonymous letter idea.

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

+1 on the letter

14. Deke

Deke Active Member

Just make sure it's carefully worded and polite, otherwise I wouldn't at all be surprised to see even more blatant advertising.

15. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Would you be equally annoyed if it was a giant Norwegian, German, Australian or whatnot flag?

16. Alex

Norway, no.
    Sweeden, yes.

To end the conversation from my end, regardless of what kind of flag it is, I think its jsut too much for the front of a house in this small of a neighborhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.