Sleeping in your contacts?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Jan 10, 2007.

?

Do you sleep with contacts in?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Sometimes

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

So i was just wondering what the general consensus is on this board about sleeping with your contacts in.
    I wear Focus Night & Days which are supposed to be approved for 30 days of continuous wear. I used to take them out every night but after coming to college i found it much easier just to wear them when i sleep . Whenever i wake up my contacts feel kinda dry but after yawning, they get moist and comfortable again.

Anyone else sleep with their contacts in?

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

from what i hear, it depends on the kind of contacts you wear and what your doctor recommends... i wear biweekly disposables and i am supposed to remove them at night... so that is exactly what i do

3. gte123v

gte123v Member

I wore my contacts to bed once by accident, when I woke up in the morning I was like holy crap! I can see without glasses! it took me a while to realize that I still have them in...totally made me feel like spiderman when he got his powers, haha.

4. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Yea my optometrist said was that I could wear these for up to 30 days, next time i go see him ill ask him what he recommends me to do.

I wear these btw:
    http://www.allaboutvision.com/nightanddaycontacts/

They feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO comfortable, it literally feels like i have nothing in my eyes. except when i wake up, but after a few minutes it feels amazing again =D

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'd probably forget to take them out after 30 days...

6. RADON

RADON Member

Before my PRK, I wore the 30 day day and night contacts. My doctor recommended to take them out and clean once per week.

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

when he said "clean" did he mean like leave them in saline overnight; or just take them out, rinse them, then pop them back in?

8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I need to get day and night contacts. The ones I have are not meant to be slept in. I have fallen asleep with them in a few times by accident and when I woke up my eyes were crusted over and gooey. I wear glasses 99% of the time because its a pita to take em out and put them in everyday. I would wear contacts more often if I could sleep in them.

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I take mine out at night, when I'm wearing them.

10. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Ditto on the PITA on the contacts.^^

I use to sleep in mine when I had the 30 day extended wear, but I would suggest least taking them out weekly. Daily would probably be best for your eyes specially if your outside a lot or in the water alot. My brother has had some eye infections even from the extended wear contacts and let me tell you that sucks. He had to go no contacts for a few months, so i rather err on the safe side.

11. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Get Lasik done!! No more worrying about forgetting to take off lenses AND don't need to look for glasses when you wake up.

12. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Yea definately, im only 18 right now so even if i did get lasik right now my eye sight will probably go bad again anyways. when im like 21 or something ill go get it done =D

13. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I got mine done when i was 20. Plus I got the life-time free procedure to be safe side. I bet another 2yrs later, lasik will be much cheaper than now. when you are ready, check out Lasik-Plus. It's the one of best in nation, and the best one in ATL area.

14. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i don't wear them but my g/f does and i know she takes them out every night b4 bed if she does fall asleep she makes me wake her up so she can take them out. she says that the ones she wears if she sleeps in them they would move around in her eye and she wouldn't be able to get them out very easily. don't know if that's true but i wouldn't know seeing as i don't wear glasses or contacts

15. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

i develop lasik instruments and i wont recommend that
    PM me if you ever want to get more details

I have a patent on the first EpiLasik device for the US and i still wear glasses

if you plan on doing lasik pls do not be cheap and get the wavefront
    Emory is one of the best in this area.

I wear contacts when im on my bike and i dont use it for more than a few hours. I use the daily disposables I use to get them y the bulk because I make them

16. RADON

RADON Member

Emory Eye Center for me. Pick the doctor not the place.

17. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

not only pick the doctor make sure the laser and the microkeratome is the latest. the technology is advancing rapidly and you cant afford to go cheap and have an "ooops"

18. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I have bi-weekly....I take them out at night, but sometimes I forget or pass-out and then the next day is kinda hazy...usually in more ways than one so...