Motivation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I need some. Haha, I was doing great last semester, but I just can't seem to get in gear so far on this one. I haven't looked at any school work, and I also need to get my lazy ass to the gym. Anyone else being worthless lately? :)

2. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Do your work, stay in school!

After I lost HOPE i spent the 1000 bucks on my car instead of tuition. (12 hours @ gainesville is roughly $950).

I didn't continue going to school and i work hard as hell barely making 18k a year. it's shitty. If I really wanted to stick with this company (QuikTrip) I could become an assistant manager in less than 3 years and be making 40k a year, but it's a long road and i honestly would rather have a desk job behind a computer instead of cleaning up after people all day every day. I'm definitally going to go back to school in a semester or two.

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i was running a tad bit slow last week... then i watched 'pursuit of happyness'... it got me all depressed cuz i didn't do all that i could... been working my ass off since then

4. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

school isn't terrible, got back to the gym. but the money's a bit tight and i can't get a job until fraternity rush is over. ugh bills suck, i dont think there's anything more stressful.

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Yah, go see that movie...it'll pick you right up. You think you've had a bad day?? :)

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

^^^ u said it man

7. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Listen to Rocky's theme song and slap your face several times....:rofl:

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Bills do suck, but it's amazing how much money people spend without realizing it. If you're strapped for cash, have a look at where it's flowing, especially if you have any reoccurring expenses (car payment, cell phone, cable bill, high speed internet connection...). Most everybody I know could cut out a ton of unnecessary spending just by taking a look at what's needed vs what's wanted.

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Yo Adrienne!

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

They spelled happyness wrong...

Anyways, motivation? I thought that you seeing me on campus, and by me waving to you, would be motivating and turn you into a GT erudite...

11. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

watch Boiler Room..that movie always motivated me..oh and if you think you are having a bad day go watch Requiem for a Dream

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, I can't handle that movie. Once was enough :)

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You are nuts, that is an awesome movie. Pi too.

14. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

puff puff

15. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

+1

people spend WAY too much money on shit they don't need... i know this, because it's my, uh, job to get them to do that.

yes, there are MANY days i wake up not wanting to do that or much of anything else. it'll pass.

16. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, I'm not saying it was a bad movie. It's just a little to intense for me. I was basically just cringing for the last 15 minutes were it was just skipping bewteen the 4 different levels of human sucktitude. The shock therapy, Leto's arm, "ass to ass," haha it give me the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it.

I think instead of any drug education, they should just show that in high school. That was baout the best anti-drug message I ever recieved.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007