GA Tech Auto Show 2007: Saturday, March 31st

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by GTscoob, Jan 15, 2007.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Last year we rolled in with a bunch of WRXs; this is always one of my favorite shows of the year due to the variety of classy cars that show up. The head engineer behind the PT Cruiser will be speaking.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'll prob not attend the speaker. I have a 2-year running habbit of falling asleep during their speeches :)

3. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

you fell asleep during the ferrari and ford gt presentations but you stay awake in our marketing class?

4. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

looking forward to meet everyone and hopefully roll in together to the show if there is such a plan for this year

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

rumor has it that they will be bringing tarzan yamada in 2008
    [​IMG]

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

haha, Tech grad?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

japanese professor

9. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Getting mixed comments here, is this thing going to suck ???

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

no sir, last year it was quite the show. A great variety of cars (classic, exotic, imports, new models) and there was even an enzo :coolugh:

11. Alex

Yes, somehow.

12. Alex

Here's why you are confused. There are 2 parts to this "Show". There is an actual car show, which is incredible. For the past couple of years all sorts of nutty autos have been out there (enzo, f40, etc). After the show, there is guest speaker presentation (designer of gt40, ferrari designer, etc). They use this downtime to judge the cars and such....the speach is where I always fall asleep. Yuo cant blame me though, its an old classroom, its always overheated, and it just whispers sleepy melodies at you.

I hope to actually take a rank in show this year. Everyone gawked (for whatever reason) when I had my camera mount mounted...this year it'll be a whole new deal!

13. Alex_ATL

Alex_ATL Member

most excellent sir

14. Proxy One

Proxy One Member

I will most likely show up, I have gone in the past when my buddies at Downing atlanta brought out a Kudzu to display. We will have to see what I bring though if the Rx7 is finished by then.

15. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Last year was incredible. It's not a really big venue like Hot Import Nights or something but it's cool because it's down to earth. I actually helped push Mazda's IMSA GTP race car off the trailer and around a little... I could've pushed it by myself it was so light.

I'm actually all about coming to this one if it lines up with my leave dates. Unfortunately I can't control the when...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  16. Alex

Its just a fun grassroots sorta show with some nice high-end bling present.

17. Kyle

Kyle Member

Should I even take my car?

18. GTscoob

Why not? Get it all detailed up and show it off as a sparkling example of a stock GTI. Or maybe get it sold and have a nice WRX by then.

19. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i may try and bring out the hearse for this.

20. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That would get a LOT of looks and stuff.

Is there a date somewhere that I'm just missing or what??

21. GTscoob

Bring them both. I'll volunteer for driving the RS down:naughty:

22. Kyle

Kyle Member

Okay, it's pretty flawless and it's not completely stock.

I should be searching for a wrx soon, because my car is getting traded in towards the purchase of a car for my dad.

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it was in the link... but now i have added it to this thread

24. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

shit, alright, lets do it

25. Two914s

Two914s New Member

It has been great to see the WRXAtlanta crowd at the Georgia Tech Auto Show in past years!!

If you want to find out more information, please go to the web sites:

www.GaTechAutoShow.com

The show will be on Saturday, March 31, 2007 rain or shine.

Your thread from 2006 shows some great shots of the action:

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5833&highlight=tech+auto+show

http://www.innovationspublishing.com/georgia/loadarticle.asp?id=218

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007/01/31/finally-a-car-show-class-that-we-could-win/

26. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

man i missed last years and im not gonna be in town for this years.

27. Greg

Greg Active Member

Damn, I was wanting to go, but I'll be on a cruise...

28. Alex

you po' baby :fawk:

29. Two914s

Two914s New Member

Get it on the calendar!

30. Greg

Greg Active Member

I know I know... Me, Nicole, 4 of her friends in Mexico... Lifes a bitch sometimes :wiggle:

31. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

does this mean that i`ll be able to talk to some of the professional designers (which is what i want to do for a living), and get an advice or a two? maybe i should bring some of my designs.

32. Alex

Yuh, after the presentation they open the floor up to questions and you can always go down to the front and talk with him.

33. mokinbird87

omg, this might be my career opening oportunity.. i NEVER EVER had a chance to talk with an actual car designer, or an engineer cuz it's such a small field. i better start thinking of all the questions i need to ask and write it down somewhere.

34. mokinbird87

and also, may be you could drive my car that day and give me some pointers as to what else i should do to my car, and etc. Last time i saw you for the axle-back i had bunch of questions but we had little time at colony square.

35. Alex

Haha, and the cup of coffee that blew up in my trunk :)

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

37. GTscoob

bump 5 days away. Car washing party at my house friday afternoon for any of the locals.

38. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

hearse is still in pieces :( ill bring the rs but dont think i will enter it.

39. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

so are we rolling as a group or what?

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

whoops... got this too late... a handful of us showed up... the event was cool as always and the speaker had a lot of interesting stuff to say

alex took a bunch of pics which should find their way online soon

41. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I hope that you all had a good time...

Mark

42. Brian

Brian Active Member

@#%@, I totally forgot about this, even with all of Sterling's reminders. @#$!. Well, at least I got to test ride a couple Ducati's (motorycles) and a BMW 335 (twin turbo happiness). Looking forward to seeing the pics of everything I missed at least.