Greetings from Hickam AFB....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MarkM2016GTI, Jan 18, 2007.

1. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

OK Everyone, I made it to HI safe and sound at about 7 pm last night...It is really amazing over here. I don't think that my body was affected by the time change at least not yet. The flight over was really nice and Hickam is a really wonderful base with a lot of history!!. I am going to see Pearl Harbor on Saturday and I will take some pics with my friend's digital camera. I go back to Kauai on 1/21 and start work on 1/29. I am going to do some exploring today on base when my friend gets off work and it should be fun. I am just glad that my household goods and wagon are on the way....Aloha and Mahalo!!.

Mark:)

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

:wavey: Glad to hear that man.

3. CHEMSOLDIER27

CHEMSOLDIER27 Member

Glad to here from ya!!! Lucky dawg!!!!:fawk:

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Have fun Mark!

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

awesome!

6. MarkM2016GTI

I will e-mail pics as soon as I get them taken. I think we are going to check out the USS Missouri also....The wagon should be here in about 3 weeks..

Mark

7. MarkM2016GTI

Here is some more decent news that I found out from i-club:

Tuners,

Not on Kauai. If you want to put together an install day, let me know. I can get a hold of a bunch of other Subie owners on Kauai and we can work something out. I've participated and hosted a few install days myself while on Oahu and I'd be happy to help out a fellow i-clubber.

Besides, the Subies on Kauai aren't as modified as those on Oahu. I believe my FXT's the most modded Subie here.....and there isn't that much done to it.

Unfortunately, Kauai doesn't have an AWD dyno. Oahu has the only one, so if you want to dyno tune, there's your best bet.

Mark

8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Sounds good!

9. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Gald everything went good for ya Mark!!!!! Hope everything arrives safely...sorry I missed your calls....works been CRAZY :eek3:

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

hey bro...glad to hear you made it to hawaii safely! i told maria you said bye, and she said "see ya soon." yeah take some awesome pics. talk to you soon brutha!!!

-shane

11. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

have fun :)

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^^^keith...you only know that word from 50 First Dates.:p joking

14. MarkM2016GTI

I also found out that Hickam is replacing the F-15's with F-22's very shortly. The guard unit uses F-15's for the fighter jets here. Thanks a lot guys...

Mark

15. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

glad you made it there ok mark.

16. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Have fun Mark! So when are you flying The Siegel in to tune HI. :D

17. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

LOL at Scott hauling the Dynapacks through the airport. "Excuse me, can I carry these on?"

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Get pics of the Raptors when they come... I love those jets!

19. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

haha. yeah that and a few others I picked up while over there :wavey:

20. MarkM2016GTI

I will try...I am only going to be at Hickam AFB until Sunday, then I am going to Kauai for a year or 2. They are supposed to be over here in the summer, and also there will more than likely be a island ferry this summer between Oahu and Kauai that will transport your vehicle for $50.00. I am so stoked about that. I was told that it is a 3 hour trip.

Mark

21. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

How's the weather?.....and chicks?

22. MarkM2016GTI

Hey Scott...The weather has been awesome...It has been breezy and in the 70's...I am flying to Kauai on Sunday....I haven't been off base yet, so I really haven't had a chance to see the chicks too much...LOL...My friend took me for a tour of the base, and it is pretty small...really nice beaches though...www.hickam.af.mil.....It is breezy almost all of the time because of the tradewinds, and it doesn't get dark until after 6 pm because we are on the 17th or 16th parallel...

Mark

23. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Good to hear from ya!

24. MarkM2016GTI

I am going to downtown Honolulu tonight, so I will see about getting some pics for you all to enjoy...

Mark

25. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

friggin mark livin it up in hawaii. i know you miss GA mang.lol