Need pics of lowered WRX/STI

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by ezio350, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ezio350

ezio350 Member

Looking to keep stock struts and add lowering springs that work good with OEM struts. Looking to lower, but not slam the car. What springs? show me some pics please and let me know what springs you used. Thanks.....

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Prodrives are the best in my opinion with the stock struts if you don't want the car slammed.

3. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

on coilovers
    [​IMG]

5. ezio350

ezio350 Member

Cars look good guys....anyone with prodrive and pics?
    I like to see some RCE springs.
    what else do I need to replace the springs? stoppers, ect.......?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  6. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Just some tools and time. :)

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Here are the Espelir GTs on my sti

Springs and new rubber (245/45's)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Me on prodrives and stock struts:
    [​IMG]

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Consider STI Pinks, Prodrive, RCE (although theyre drop is too much IMO), and Espelir. Stay away from Tein's springs (too low, not that high quality IMO), tanabes (same story), etc.

10. Fafnir

Fafnir Member

I went with springs from Crucial Racing. They offer the same rates as the STi pinks, but they're progressive springs, whereas the STi pinks are not. I'm running them on stock struts, despite reading that running STi pinks or anything of similar rates will shorten the stock struts' life considerably.

11. Alex

Any aftermarket spring will shorten your strut life...but we are talking 10 years to 5 or so. The difference is negible if you ask me. 5 years from now it wouldnt surprise me if coilovers were back on the car :p

I'll snap a photo of the rce's tomorrow for ya.

12. ezio350

ezio350 Member

Cool, I thought the Prodrives were made to work with the OE struts. So does it shorten the life of the struts as well?

13. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

I'll have pics of H-tech monday.

14. Alex

Anything other than stock takes its toll. The STi Pinks were designed for the STi strut. The springs on the USDM STi are underrated for the USDM STi shocks. Consider the pinks as a "sports" option for the STi.

They're more expensive because they are STi...this means you are getting what you pay for, a quality OEM designed piece.

15. EJRex

EJRex Member

Pic of mine with Tein S-Techs and stock struts.

[​IMG]

The ride is not bad at all with this setup. When the stockers go, I'll replace them with something better.

16. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I thought it was believed that the prodrives and springs similar to them actually prolong the life of the stock struts. I believe it was because the stock springs were softer thus causing more wear on the struts themselves.

17. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

You can click on my name and go to my gallery. I have a few side picks there of my car.

18. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

19. Stizy04

Stizy04 Member