lease laws

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Jan 26, 2007.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

any body know anthing about it? my lease is up and im going to move but they say I didnt give 60 day notice. my contract says "lease shall trerminate on jan 31 2007 at noon" but they site "Extended Terms: eithier party may terminate this agreement at the end of the initial term by giving the other party 60 days written notice prior to the end of its term. if not its automatic month to month which is like $800 a month."
    so Ive been gone for over a month explained the situation to them but they dont budge how do I fight this without getting bodily harm to others:)

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I know at my place....eventhough my lease was up...I had to pay for my 60 day notice extension....which of course they pro-rated to an ungodly amount....your gonna probably do what I had to do....I was in the same situation, the only thing is that I never gave notice in the first place because I was planning on renewing the lease...but apparently that was a vast misconception on my part...

3. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yeah its like they sayin "Gotcha" now what ya gonna do. I'm really not tryin to pay rent in two places when i can only afford one. And on top of that its stuff that as not been fixed since I been here but of course its not in their file but I took pics and have copies of everything.

4. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

they gotcha by the boys my friend.....

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you will be liable for the 60 days. Sorry man

6. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, same thing happened to my co-worker with him stuck there for 2 more months paying "market value" for their month to month which was $200+ more than his regular monthly rate. I remember having to give a 60 day notice when we moved out of our old apartment, which made it difficult when were were looking to buy a home, and weren't sure when we were going to be able to move in. We just had to put in the 60 days, and hope that everything went through for the house by that date, and it ended up working out great.

Best of luck,

--
    Brian

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I had to give a 30 day notice at my place, but was so glad to be getting out of there that I let them know about 3 months in advance, in paper form with a copy to prove that I gave them notice. Its a shame you aren't moving further away, like to another State. When I first moved here, I told my apartment complex back home that my company was transferring me to another state, and they had to let me out of my lease, with 0 notice, and 0 fees. Mind you, it was a senile old man and his senile wife that managed the place, and they were nice sweet old people, and that the laws may have been different in PA.

8. Jeffm2222

Jeffm2222 New Member

Worst case senario is with a month to month lease that starts on 2/1/2007 you should only have to give a thirty-day notice prior to 1/31/2007. If you're on a month to month lease at that point they can't hold you to a 60 day notice unless you live at a Post Property they require a 60day notice no matter what.

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yeah, you're pretty much screwed...unfortunately. :(

dude, what part of PA?

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Next time read the contract carefully. This goes for anything involving contracts though... consider it the cost for a lesson learned!

11. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

The contract is what I thought I was going by according to the first page and 1 pargrapgh on the second page but get to pargraph 7 and all of a sudden it negates the the first page and 1 paragraph. still moving just still gotta deal with the extra money materalizing out out my ass :wtc: :fawk:. when I lived here before some years back when your lease was up that was it unless you wanted to stay. first time I ran in to this before But lesson learned.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Why dont you just drive your truck into their office?

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Ha! that was a thought but the sniper way is much less messier.:keke: