Kids face 85 years of jail time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

for torturing and baking a live puppy!

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2007/02/08/0209metpuppy.html?cxntnid=amn020907e

"World demands justice for pup killed in oven

By D.L. BENNETT
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/09/07

The plight of a 13-pound puppy that was tortured before being baked to death inside a gas oven has touched a nerve with animal lovers all over the world.

As the two brothers who admitted killing the dog prepare for sentencing Friday, Fulton County judicial officials say they've gotten more than 5,000 cards, letters and e-mails from all over the United States as well as numerous other countries.

Rich Addicks/Staff
    (ENLARGE)
    Prosecutor Laura Janssen (foreground) and veterinarian Melinda Merck use a dog for a demonstration during the December trial in Fulton County of two brothers who later pleaded guilty to killing a puppy.

Similarly, two online petitions started after the first trial of Joshua and Justin Moulder now have about 25,000 signatures with more coming every day. The petitions boast names from Brazil, the Netherlands, Germany, Israel and Australia. Linda Zotter of Syracuse, N.Y., while enduring cancer treatment, took time out to knock on doors and gather signatures for her own personal petition.

"I do believe they should be put away for life," Zotter said. "I would not want them living next to me. I would like to make sure they don't just get a slap on the wrist."

The Moulders, 17 and 19, face up to 85 years if sentenced to the maximum on all nine charges to which they have pleaded guilty.

Prosecutors offered a plea deal that would have meant a minimum of 10 years of jail time for each of the two young men. Defense lawyers balked. Instead, the Moulders pleaded guilty last month with no plea agreement hoping that Fulton Superior Court Judge Thelma Wyatt Cummings Moore would not be so harsh.

The case has had a life of its own on the Internet, with links from numerous animal advocacy sites to news and public interest sites such as the Drudge Report.

Mark Lisella of Charleston, S.C., found the story on the Drudge Report. He said he was moved to write District Attorney Paul Howard because the dog's treatment was so horrible.

People, he said, have become somewhat desensitized to sensational, grisly murders. But this victim, a tiny puppy, was so purely sympathetic.

"I just thought it was really disgusting," Lisella said."

pretty sick =/

EDIT: eh, wtf i have to login to see the article now?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

man what is wrong with people these days?

3. good I hope they get the full sentence handed to them. But with our judicial system, it wouldnt suprise me if they got away with 2 years probation or something F'd up like that.

4. jayj713

jayj713 Member

5. cannarella

cannarella Member

Stick them in an oven and see how they feel!!! F'king ass holes.

Hopefully the puppy died from carbon dixoide poisoning before it got to hot. :wtc:

6. RADON

RADON Member

Animal cruelty sucks, but they'll serve more time than had they killed a person, which shows how much our society values life.

7. Weapon

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I almost made an ethnic joke here but thought better of it :eek:hnoes:

9. dooo eeeet! LOL I wanna hear it!

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i've been following this story on the news. they should be rid of from this world. don't waste tax payers money to put them away for life...fry them and see how they like to be tortured.

11. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

Tasty!

Um yea... can we ONLY give them 85 years?

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah I remember hearing about this through my mom. People like this need serious help.

13. cannarella

cannarella Member

I don't know if they can be reformed. Like Shane STI said, don't even waist the tax payers money on them. If they want to live, have their family send the state money to house and feed them in jail. As long as someone besides the tax payer pays, they can live.

Their actions were pretty sick. It wasn't an accident. Totally premeditated.

14. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

They said on the radio that the kids ended up getting 10 years.

15. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I honestly think that kids who do this are somehow broken in their little brains. Not sure if they could ever turn out normal.

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wow...

17. ddwyer50

ddwyer50 Member

That is so sick.... those kids deserve everything & more that they get.

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

I totally agree. I've known a few kids who lacked "compassion/understanding others" who would've done similar things as those boys. All ended up in jail, one was a psychopath. Thankfully the courts & most people have gotten the connection. These sickos will start on small animals and eventually work up to people.

19. Weapon

Jeffrey Dahmer torture animals?