Would there be an interest? Discount electronics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Demo24, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Bascially my boss is able to get items for pretty good prices. Tends to get new stuff about every weekend or so. It's not always steady, but he does seem to beable to get plenty of stuff each week.

I'm wondering if there is any interest in this? Everything would be at good prices. Mostly its computer stuff coming through, but its possible to get other electronic devices(just ask and I can see what I can do). If there is an interest then I will start putting up weekly for sale threads with what is available/leftover.

*Update* Due to a sudden influx in busyness and a random disappearance of items a weekly thread is just not going to be possible anymore. When I made this thread we had a bunch of stuff lying around and then it just kind of disappeared.

However I will be taking requests. If I can not get something I will let you know. Just know that we get 99% of the stuff on the weekends, thus if you ask on Monday and we don't have that item around then it will mean a weeks wait until I can see if I can get said item.

As for what you can request. Pretty much anything electronic, but we specialize in computers. Please realize that some items are significantly harder to come by than others. We often have several computers around. I know we have at least 1 desktop(nice specs) around, maybe more but I don't know if they have been sold or not.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  2. Brian

Brian Active Member

Oooo, I'm down for some "over-shipment" discounts. ;)

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

4. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

me 2. quack

5. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

bring it on.. :)

6. Demo24

Demo24 Member

alright, give me a little time and I will work on getting some threads up!

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Blackberry please :) 8700g, unlocked

8. Demo24

Demo24 Member

updated first post

9. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I'd be interested in a laptop with core2duo cpu and like 1gb ram or 512gb in 1 stick.

10. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Thats a great idea I'd be in

11. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

alpine iva-w200

12. Alex

Anyupdates on a mac mini and the blackberry?

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Blackberrys are extremely hard to get, so unfortunatly I don't think I can get that.

For the mini well I'm still looking. If I had known a couple weeks before there would have been a possibility. Sadly they are gone now, so waiting on others to show up if they do.

I'll see what I can do about what everyone else is wanting!

14. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Any car headunits or cingular 8125's?

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

nintendo wii

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

anyy nice laptops

17. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You don't want the 8125, you want the 8525. UMTS FTW

18. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Any Apple computer would be awesome. Oh, also a notebook hard drive that is 60GB or more.

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Ps3........

20. Demo24

Demo24 Member

That we have been trying to get for some time, everyone seems to be grabbing them up.

I'll see what I can do for everything else!

21. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Ever get RDRAM?

22. Demo24

Demo24 Member

that stuff has practically disappeared, and rather expensive if it does. Likely only be able to get that stuff already inside a comp and those are kind of old by now.

23. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

Do you do any Home theater projectors?

24. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Anything in particular you are looking for? I'm not to sure on that, I would assume it's possible. I will find out more details on Monday if you are interested.

25. jayj713

jayj713 Member

IIRC RDRAM is that Samsung Rambus RAM right? I have some of that in my old computer, how much does that go for now? I think I have 1GB(2x512).

26. Alex

How about a working xbox or xbox 360 ?

27. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

i have been looking for a nice 19 inch widescreen flat panel computer monitor

28. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I dont even know, if you'd let it go for a decent price I'll pick it up. Its hard as shit to find nowadays, I didnt know anything about my computer when I bought it and now thats the big limiting factor.

29. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Sorry guys, this weekend was pretty bad. Mostly crap, so we weren't able to get anything. Working on it though. Seems February is a bad month for this stuff.

Also if anyone finds what they were looking for before I am able to get it, then please let me know. I don't want to find something I don't need.

30. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

I'll let you know what projector specifically when I get closer to buying. Gotta sell a house first.. :(

31. Demo24

Demo24 Member

sigh, I just can't seem to get stuff like I could when I made this thread originally. Kind of embarrassing actually.

However I may have a rather high end laptop if anyone has interest.

Toshiba
    core 2duo (believe its clocked at 1.66)
    120gb hd
    2gb ram
    dvd writer(likely cd in there as well)

Specs are not final, and if there is any interest I will go and find out the hard specs. Price I just realized I don't know at the current time.

edit:also I think I may have a few things around that can satisfy some of you guys. I'll find out tomorrow.

32. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

I am interested but I don't think my finances will be ok until my trip to Japan in April. I need to save money for that and $700 insurance next month.

33. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Alright just to update this a bit.

I've got two things I can sell.

a)Hp laptop, centrino M, 2ghz chip, 80gb hard drive, 512 ram, memory card reader, dvd burner, comes preloaded with xp pro and office also some other items HP puts on there.

b)JVC video recorder. Uses a hard drive instead of disks/tapes. It's not HD.

I can get pictures of any item listed above. If any interest you can pm me for price/pics(can't get those until tomorrow afternoon).