Good drives in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So sometimes I just feel like taking a drive late at night to basically clear my head. The problem is that I live in just about the center of the city, and I don't really know a good place to drive. I usually just use the interstates and 285 to form some sort of loop. These work for head clearing but are just kind of boring. I'm not saying I'm looking for intense driving roads, just something more interesting than 75/85. Anyone have any favorite routes in or right outside of the perimeter? Haha does anyone else ever even do this, or am I just weird?

Edit: wow, meant to post this in off-topic. Oops. Haha a little help form a mod please :)

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ill move it for ya.

Ive got a killer route that's a couple miles in length not too far from here and runs through some twisty beatiful areas / neighborhoods. I was actually thinking about making a video or something, obviously no speeding, just chill and enjoying the sights / sounds.

3. jayj713

jayj713 Member

thanks for telling us where it actually is alex :p

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

haha, yeah i need a place like that too!

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Appreciate it.

And sounds tasty.

6. Alex

Sorry, got a phone call in the middle of typing that and lost my train of thought. I'll post back up in a few.

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

^^ We're still waiting for that train to arrive. ;)

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

vinings area?

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Hop on Defoors Pkwy, its a pretty good drive up until you hit the mexican shopping center. There are some good roads out in decatur too.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

take ponce towards decatur.. its a amazing area...

11. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

i just drive anywhere. I like going through rowsell or sandy springs......look at houses and stuff

12. Alex

Its a blend of Vinings and Roswell.

Take the Roswell Rd exit on 285 up towards 5 Seasons Brewery, on your right you'll find the beginning of Mt Perrin Rd. Take the sharp right and enjoy the twisties, beautiful homes, & greenery. Mt Perrin last a while and eventually will dead end into Paces Ferry. You can go left or right, for this route I go right. You spend a few minutes on Paces Ferry until you arrive at a Fork to Woodland Brooke, take that right and enjoy the road once more.

This is also an extremely quick shortcut if you are stuck in 285 traffic and need to get to the cobb area, that's how I stumbled upon it.

There are more of course, some routes I do not remember the names of the streets, etc. Ill see if I can come up with a few more for you.

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

And if you're in that area, Riverside Drive is nice too.

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Mt. Paran....Perrin is a 'tuning' company! :D :rofl:

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

TOP mt perrin?
    [​IMG]

16. Alex

w/e :fawk:

17. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Bump This Thread b/c its badass. More Driving Roads. There is one in Conyers quite a hike thou

18. socrates42

socrates42 Member

Check out the morningside neighborhood off of Cheshire bridge road, between the strip clubs and lavista. Back in there you can run around for at least a half hour on some great roads and nice houses. That can even get you over to the rock springs area near VAHighlands. More good driving over there. Plus its really close to down town/midtown.

+1 on sandysprings big house tours alex.

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

If anyone wants to head up 75 for some nice driving roads, let me know. I grew up around cartersville and there are miles and miles of back twisty roads with beautiful scenery. On a nice spring day I just like to cruise up there, no radio, windows down and relax.

20. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

i like 180 wolf pin gap, richard russell, and deals gap. but im not in the city, about an hour and a half north.

21. DaveH

DaveH Member

+1!

Especially Wolf Pen/180. Only problem is, it warps my front rotors every time.... :(

22. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

those of you who live in loganville or in that area:

Kent Rock Road, Sharon Church Road, and Miller Bottom road are my three favorites when I'm home in loganville. They're short but have some great corners. Miller bottom is a nice 3rd and 4th gear road, while the other two are very low speed but still a blast.

23. deathstar

deathstar New Member

a couple good spots around loganville/snellville -- temple johnson rd - incredibly fun and twisty several "35mph curve" signs that are fun to defy. and rabbit farm/claude brewer , but you have to hit these roads when everyone else is at church

24. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

green ridge road in cartersville, and connecting it with bates road is a nice drive. has some really cool elevation changes and off camber curves

25. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

yes, i love going there. very nice houses and some nice curvy roads, i've almost memorized the whole road towards 285

26. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Can't wait to move back and check out some of these places. I think I've been up that 180. not too shabby if I remember correctly