Two teens killed in car accident-Buford

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Feb 26, 2007.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

About 2 miles from my parents house, I passed by this road with flowers and asked my Mother what happend here. I can still see the visible marks, skid marks, car fluids, and the orange spray paint from the investigators. Apparently the teenagers were in a Monte Carlo and lost control last Tuesday night onto uncoming traffic, and went head on of a truck. Its always sad to see this happen. Makes you think twice before driving like a bat out of hell. Be safe out here ya'll, and KEEP it on the track.

link:http://www.cbs46.com/Global/story.asp?s=6115977

2. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

the car slid sideways into the opposite lanes, the truck t-boned them.

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

is that what happend? that my Father mentioned the car was split in half.eek young kids, had a whole life ahead of them too.:( and yet, another car crash near me in Jonesoboro where teens were being chased by police. wtf is going on here?

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Stupidity?

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

It always sucks to here about something like this, but it's not like it's some new phenomenon. It's not a "kids these days" sort of thing. It's been happening since teens had cars.

6. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^yeah obviously; however, if you spread the word, at least you can say you're trying to let these young people know what happens if you do stupid shit instead of just thinking...thats sad, but nothing anyone can do.

7. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

well u know if the majority of there parents would tighten the leashes on em.........u know not say ~here take the G35 to the school to basketball practice~or whatever knowing that there is a possibility they might be tempted to show off:hsnono:

8. 04CoorsCan

04CoorsCan Member

Exactly....that's why my ass drove a 1983 Toyota Celica:crying:

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

some of us are careful mind you.... my parents always have trusted me .. .my father drives a m45 and he let me drive that all the time, same with the m3

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

Same here, my parents have always been comfortable with me driving in both of their cars, although until just recently my car has always been faster than either of my parents. :)

And no doubt. I knew a couple of people that died or were seriously injured doing stupid things in their cars. I'm not saying that's the only reason I never did anything stupid, but it definitely reinforced the thought.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  11. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

My parents were comfortable until me dad got an e 55 amg. Not driven that one yet hahah.

12. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Yeah, I pretty much got all my freinds out of street racing.... and I'm happy. I dont want to go to a good freinds funeral any time soon. So use your heads out there and be safe.

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah, mine has always been fastar than my parents also...
    kids... :beer:

14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Very sad to see this...they were so young...

Mark

15. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

All those kids lived in my neighborhood and my brother knew all of them too. He was very good friends with one of the kids that died and hung out with him all summer last year. He is quite shocked.

16. I learned how to drive a manual with my dad in his 928 when i was 15. When I got my license he immediately sold it and got a jetta for himself and a honda for me. One year later he gave me his 280z (the jetta didn't last long), and got himself something else... I didn't care what nor can I remember cause I had a Z dammit!! haha.

My kids will get 5 year old jeeps when they get their license... Why? cause those softtops are loud as hell when going fast, so I am hoping that my kids will not go too fast in them.

17. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

^ just a side note, i've know two different people to flip two different soft-tops about 10 years ago. one got the shit beat of of him by the pavement (arms and what-not) and the other did permanent damage to his spine.

econobox for the teenage win ;)

18. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Sure its sad to have two young kids die so early, but this is the only form of Darwin left on earth since the medical field has found ways to fix, cure, and repair just about everything. Reminds me of "Idiocracy".

19. Idiocracy is the best movie. I can watch that movie over and over and still find new stuff to laugh at.

Econoboxes make me too nervous. Even those can get up to 80mph too smoothly now-a-days. And when the suburban pulls out in front of an econobox, its a messy site. I've seen it firsthand.

20. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Sorry but most jeeps don't do wonderfully either, and most of the people with them in school tend to drive kind of crazy.

Would be smarter to give them an impreza rs, safe and not terribly fast.

My car is pretty much the quickest car in the family. My mom didn't really try to stop me from getting it. She's actually a little jealous of my car :) I doubt my dad would be to happy, but I don't really care. Not much he could do about the situation anyway.

However having a fast car you just have to keep a level head. I haven't gotten a ticket or in any sort of accident since I've been driving.