I wish I could make up my mind

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Feb 27, 2007.

1. So im surfing the web and run across some Ver7 JDM Sti engines for a decent price. So of course it gets me thinking about selling my engine and maybe picking one of these up. But as always I have no idea what to ask for my engine transmission ECU and Acessport, cause if i was to get a JDM engine Im going to run the Hydra EM. and the other stuff would be no good to me.
    So what do you think I could get for or would be a good asking price. Motor has about 3k miles on it and its getting tuned Saturday.

EJ 2.5 Sti block
    Wrx heads
    VF39 turbo
    06 injectors
    headers
    Big TMIC
    with 5 speed transmission
    light weight flywheel
    excedy stage 1 clutch
    ecu with tune and Access port

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

did you not just get your car up and running with the 2.5?

3. lol..yea. Like I said wish i could make up my mind. Another reason Im thinking about doing this is a guy is wanting my motor trans ecu and Im not sure what to ask. I know the Ver7 swap is going to run close to 7500 to 8k for everything.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

haha well first of all I think you are absolutely crazy. Secondly, I think you should try to get what the new engine setup would cost you minus labor. I don't know, maybe that's too much, but seems like a pretty good way to go for you. But like I said before, you're a lunatic.

5. My ADHD is effecting my car now...lol.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ill make you a deal, I just found a s204 twin scroll TBE. You buy the other stuff and use it, all I want is the muffler ;)

7. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

If you go with a new motor then you're completely nuts. You have alot of power coming out what you already have and to spend that kind of money for not substantial gains is OTT. My old school impreza bias also kicks in a bit too. You have a bug eye, spending 7-8k on making that an Sti seems like a lot of money when you could just buy a new Sti and save yourself the hassle. Because lets face it, the bugeye is hardly the design classic compared to GC/GM bodyshape.

My thoughts aren't very well organised but spending that money on a bugeye just dosn't make sense to me. Especially when you already have such a built up engine but shit, if you do, give us a heads up on your current motor.

8. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Yes stick with the 2.5....all that work you've put into it.

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

Do I sense disrespect towards the bugeye? :hsnono:

10. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Aye you do :)

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

IMO, unless you have a money tree growing in the backyard, stick with what you have. You just went through dropping the new stuff in, and unless your car is merely a fun toy that you can just throw dollars at I'd say work with your current setup since it has lots of potential...

12. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Bugeye rules, I have spoken

13. +1 :bigthumb:

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

bugeyes suck!

02 grand caravan FTW!!!

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

He's still limited by the stock heads. Look at LiquidForce. JDM motor = WAYYYY better heads forged internals and 8K rpm FTMFW!!!