The worst week ever...Burglarized last night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by crashtke, Mar 1, 2007.

1. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

So it is not enough that my wife tells me that she wants a divorce. Nope. That just was not good enough. It is not enough that I am having a hard time dealing with her leaving me. But NOW I get home from work last night to find my house burglarized. Someone took ALL my tools except the small kit I keep in my car. I am talking in excess of $2000. All my sockets, drill bits, electrical equipment everything. Some of it was in the car port, some of it in the shop/storage that is attached to the house. All of it is gone. They made it into the house as well, but I think that my dogs scared them off. they did not take anything from the house. I could file homeowners, but the chances may outweigh the benefits. Yes I would get a check. But I may have problems in the future obtaining homeowners. Probably not, but I am not sure I want to take the risk over something this small. It happened while I was at work. I am so freaking mad it is not even funny. I really wish I could catch the son of a bitch that did it in a dark alley. I have morals, but he probably would not walk out of that alley. All I have to say is this is the BEST week of my life!!!

2. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

oh my god....this is getting ridiculous! let us know if there's anything we can do. I feel so freakin bad.

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

that majorly blows! when it rains, it pours is what they say...damn. whoever did this has something coming for them. just remember when you get through all of this, you'll realize how strong you were and that nothing can phase you now. keep your head bro. sorry again about the crappy news.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Holy shit dude... Do you thinks it was random, or someone that you know...?

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Dude WTF...When it rains it pours...the Good should be right around the corner.

6. crashtke

I really don't know. I think it was probably random. Had it been someone I know, I think they would have gotten some of the expensive stuff that was inside, but who knows, maybe the dog just scared them off.

7. Oh wow, that's terrible....... Let us know if there's anything you need..... one day at a time bro.....

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You think filing for insurance and the long-term loss is greater than 2-3000 ?

9. crashtke

Well, I will probably need some freaking tools now to finish my 2.5 swap, rofl. I am really trying not to let this push me over the edge. I have been fighting to keep my spirits up this week even with all other things considered. I am NOT going to let myself slip into depression. It would be easy to do right now, but it is just not me.

Alex you did read the original post right?

10. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

i wish i was back in atlanta cause it sounds like you need a beer or 15..although im sure some of the other guys would be willing to go have a few with you. just let us know if you need anything.

11. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

man bro....lots of bad news going around....sorry to hear this...it sucks when life throws salt in your wound...it'll get better man!!!

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

We're going to make him an alcoholic the way things are going...

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I feel really bad for you....I will pray for you that things get better...I hope that they find the scumbag that burglarized your home...Again, I am really sorry that these unfortunate events are occurring. PM me if you need anything bro...

Mark

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Damn man...this sucks!! Do not file a claim with your homeowners. It will hurt you in the long run! Do you think your ex might have anything to do with this?

15. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Sorry to here this man. Just keep your head up thangs can only get better from where you are.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

shit dude... i dunno what to say

17. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

we should try to get together and hang out...let you know that were here for ya and at this point you should be with some good people. don'tknow if you go to church or not but if not were here if you don't want to be alone. don't wan tto sound cheezy but i don't know what to say. sorry for your loss i don't have many tools but if you need anything you know we're here for ya. that's what i like about this forum...sorry about the 2nd loss maybe you should sleep in your car so nothing happens to it as well

18. scoobster

scoobster Member

sorry to hear this man, i wish you the best of luck and good things will come your way!

19. Alex

I read it, thats why I asked again :)

If you need to borrow any tools or anything let me know and Ill see what Ive got.

20. Alex

Good to know, ty.

21. Trey

Trey Active Member

Is your wife vindictive? If so maybe she had someone do it....just saying.

22. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Someones going to have bad karma for that.

23. crashtke

Nope, it was not the soon to be ex-wife. I know her better than that...now some of the assholes she hangs around...that's another story. But I know she would never even think about doing or supporting anything like that. I realized tonight that they also took an amplifier that I had, 2 BROKEN dvd players, lol. They took my greddy catch can, and I am sure more. I have not really done a complete inventory. Won't really be able to until tomorrow night maybe.

24. Alex

25. Trey

Trey Active Member

I would look more into those friends of hers...just seems too weird with the timing and all.

26. crashtke

Bah, nothing I can really do even if it was one of them. I really think it was a random thing. I think that some piece of crap drove by and saw some stuff in the carport and decided to go for a look.

27. Greg

Greg Active Member

Did they take any Subaru related stuff? :hsugh:

28. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

man that blows ... if you need anything let me know... Ive got a garage full of tools that you can borrow ill even lend a hand or two.

props to you too you seem to still have you head above water even after all of this.. I don't know if I would be able to say the same.

29. crashtke

It has only been through friends like you guys, my family and a lot of support. I'll tell ya, it has not been easy. I am still debating filing a claim. I really need to figure out exactly what all was taken and THEN I can make the decision. I mean losing $2500 in tools is a lot to replace. I am still trying to figure out how to make it. It is not over. And yes, they did steal some subaru related stuff, but it was not Subaru specific. Catch can, tubing, stupid stuff.

30. wrxin8or

please, although you are one of the few long-time members that I do not personally know, think this through very carefully. my parents were in a similar circumstance (i say them b/c I have never owned my own place) in which they went after the people against them, which ended up working out great. However, a few years later, they ended up with similar trouble about a person creating trouble about the position that landed him in this predicament.

honestly....i wouldnt fuck with a lawyer from a large comp..

31. crashtke

I am not sure what you mean.

32. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Damn Mike...

It's good to see you've still got your head held up despite all that's been thrown at you.
    I'll be more than glad to let you borrow any tools you need and know that you're in my prayers as well.

Also, you may want to try hitting any pawn shops around your area there. See if you can find anything
    that may be yours. Might also want to try craigslist to see if they're stupid enough to post anything there. It's a long shot but you never know what may turn up.

33. crashtke

Yeah, been checking where I can. Have not turned up any traces. I have an old friend from when I was a cop that is keeping an eye out for it. But All pawn shops are SUPPOSED to list anything they get on NCIC and GCIC. In theory the PD should be checking on that too.

As for keeping my head up, I am trying. Every day is a new one. Trying to figure out what I am going to do this weekend other than go to the G2g tomorrow.

34. crashtke

Ok still running a total as I find stuff missing, but at $2700 so far.

35. wrxin8or

well youre not the only one...i have absolutely no recollection of making that post...and have no clue what it is about

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

37. crashtke

Ok, lol just making sure I was not being dense!

38. Alex

It was good to see you Saturday :)

39. crashtke

Thanks you guys too. It was fun and kept my mind off things for a while.

40. crashtke

Ok GRAND total for the break in and all the tools...I discovered all my home theatre installation stuff was gone too!!! Over $4300 worth of tools and equipment. I was amazed when I added it all up. I also low balled everything.

41. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sounds like your getting closer to claim time.... then you give them the hi-ball #'s... Don't really know anything about the repricusions of making a claim but $4300 is a lot different than the original 2k...

42. crashtke

Originally all I thought they took is my tool box and my tool bag and some misc items. After finding out they got much more...well it started to add up really quick. I went ahead and filed a claim today. It is just too large of a loss right now to think about replacing.

43. Demo24

Demo24 Member

That sucks! Hope things can go better for you soon.

Haven't seen you riding around lately. You still got the same job? Seems like I would see you about once a week or so.

44. crashtke

Had to take time off for my father's spinal surgery this week.

45. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Dude, you need to start writing country songs! Seriously though, hope things get better sooner rather than later. Keep your head up and try to stay sane!

46. flip

flip Member

Dang man, that really sucks. :( I remember posting a similar story a year back or so... Keep in high spirits, everything will work out.

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

your story gets worse and worse man... :(

48. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

I still think it is a bad idea to file a claim. Granted $4500 is a lot of pocket money but it really isnt that much considering you are risking higher premiums for your current and/or future homeowners insurance policy. Ofcourse every company has different policies/procedures, but generally if you file small claims it will become problematic. Statistically, most people only file a claim every 8 to 10 years, so if you file more than that you stand out like a fat kid in dodgeball and again run the risk of higher premiums or worse getting dropped altogether. What's disturbing is that you're paying a premium that is calculated to cover the risk that you actually use the policy. Personally, I would only file a claim for something that would really be an emergency and have a huge expense like a major in home flood, roof damage, fire, etc.. I dont want you to second guess your current decision on filing a claim but I wanted to share some info and I really do hope everything turns out well for you man.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007