Lets Get Fl Involved!!!!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ChipolteSti22, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ChipolteSti22

ChipolteSti22 New Member

Lets get some events planned!!!

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we have had a few members from florida in the past but most of them are just passing through :)

hope you can liven up this section :bigthumb:

3. eyeballs

eyeballs Member

I just moved up from florida, does that count? Probably not. +1 for me!

4. ARNOLDWRX

ARNOLDWRX Member

WHAT UP!!!
    I just relocated to fl. Staarted at a new dealership.
    Subarus are every where but there are no suby meets.
    I want to show fl how things are done in ga.
    FL LETS GET A MEET SOON!!!

5. Alright guys lets get this on and poppin! lol
    We need to have some Some support and some meets going on! Ive started a shop for us down here and i have some big plans coming up for us. I want to get a feel for what everyone wants and what we want to accomplish. Thanks and lets get things going!!!!

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

You guys should definitely do this. And if you ever plan an event up in GA you can hit up the Savannah crew on the way up. They're cool as fawk too... :D

7. id love that! im planning to come up this summer with the time attack subie done by april or may...so im def looking foward to coming up! You guys have to introduce me to all these people!

8. cannarella

cannarella Member

When I was down at Ponta Vedra Beach a month ago I saw 5 subies in one evening. 3 others when leaving Jacksonville after the weekend. So NE FL seems to have good numbers.

9. the numbers are there...the love isnt:wtc: lol......we have plenty of subies, we just need to come together..they are all scattered lost souls lol....the evo guys in fl are much more united and we need to step up our games so to speak

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Great Idea...There are a lot of Orlando Peeps that come up this way for Tail of the Dragon also, and I know of at least 10 that go to the weekly Sonic meets down there....
    Mark

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It should start to grow nicely once Kenny has his hands on everything.

12. :naughty:

Couldnt have said it better myself lol!---lets see how far we can take it Alex;)

13. Could anyone suggest some events or know of any that would good for the guys in florida as well as maybe our friends in ATL? example: import nites, track days, shows etc...
    I want to get regular meets setup, install days, tune days, track days, road trips, car shows, videos, i mean i see so many options. Bring the Orlando guys, tampa, ft lauderdale, miami etc, then have the georgia guys too.
    lets see what we can get started..

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

send a PM to JT money... he is one of our moderators who recently moved to FL... he was pretty enthusiastic about generating some participation in FL :)

15. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

The most participation is in Central Florida and the Jacksonville area. Dead Whorelando and the Jax Mod Squad both meet on a weekly basis. The best way for the ATL to have a meet with FL is for us to go there or to do some kind of weekend event here. We should invite them to the Road Atlanta event in May. FL doesn't have anything like that, not to my knowledge, and I think people would come up if we made it something worth coming up for, time and $ wise. Especially if we do like a host family thing. $ is a big concern for most people so maybe if we offered beds or air mattresses there would be more participation. It will also be a good way for people to get to know each other rather than staying in their comfort zones. What does everyone think? :)

16. I think thats GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets start things up! And yeah we dont have anything like that....sucks down here lol
    you guys have all the fun...for now lol

17. thanks for the hesds up....doing that now

18. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

yep im down here in orlando now and i will be up for making some tings happen down here. still getting settled.

19. lol i just sent u a pm...lets get it crackin down here lol.....

20. "Place: Road Atlanta
    Event: YearOne Experience
    Date: May 18-20 (the week after Drift I believe)
    Price: Last year it was $30 registration and that was for as many runs as you could fit into 3 days. . (race gas is also available)

LETS DO IT!!! IM SIGNED UP!!!!! LETS GET MORE PEEPS IN! ILL START TELLING MY LOCAL GUYS!

21. Alex

Enthusiastic eh? :p

22. why yes...yes i am!

23. getting closer....

24. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I've got some floor space/couch space about 45 minutes from the track....it's far, but free. :)

25. Alex

You're more than welcome to crash here, but you already knew that now didnt you Kenny? ;)

26. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

Kenny, how many people are you expecting to come up. If you let us know how many then Alex and I will make sure there are beds and couches available. It wouldn't be a bad idea for your guys to invest in an air mattress just in case there is floor but no couch.

27. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I've got some rooms (with beds) that I could open up as well.

28. srgdrum

srgdrum New Member

I'm a new LGTer in Tallahassee by way of Cincinnati. There's little to no community up here. Let me know if anyone ever organizes any meets!

29. Alex

We have a couple people in Florida, your neck of the woods is certainly growing :)