'79 Civic 1200...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mmtasty, Mar 9, 2007.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Sup guys and gals. I thought I'd share my (other) project car with you. It's soooo fun to drive. The engine is out getting a stroker kit and beefy cam. It should have about 60WHP when it's done. These little cars are so fun to play with because a lot of the parts from other Hondas will fit. The engines are so simple I can change the HEAD within an hour... Even though it's a Honda, I love it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

did you mean to say 600hp...?

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I wish...

4. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

lol how much does the car weigh?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  5. Greg

Greg Active Member

What kind of engine is it...? :) I having a hard visualizing an engine with a stroker kit and cam only making 60hp... What was it before? 5hp Briggs and Stratton ;)

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

It is in good condition though! +1

7. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

haha very funny James.

It's a little 1200cc four. The power killer is the exhaust manifold. I can get custom headers, but that's some MONEY.

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

:rofl:
    Kinda sounds like a little Legend car
    [​IMG]
    I believe they run Suzuki GSX-R 1000CC engines

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

It does look fun to drive

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

whoa...u don't see a car like that everyday. you should put a "type R" emblem on the back.lol

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I have a friend back in PA that was all about the old old old school Hondas. He had a 74 Civic I think, and a couple others. He said the same thing, they are incredibly easy to work on, and fun to drive.

12. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

:rofl: I'd like to get some Spoon wheels, but it's 4x120 and they don't make those. I can swap the hubs from an Accord, which I'm going to do someday. So maybe I'll put Spoon stickers on it...

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

wow, thats really clean!

14. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

nice! I love older hondas. That has to be the nicest 1st gen civic that I have seen so far :)

We have 3 crxs now, all 1st gens. Picked up one last week for Mere's daily driver to keep miles off the sti:
    [​IMG]
    1987 Civic CRX Si, 276k, and we are the 2nd owner :)

just put some RPF-1 wheels on it (15x7), it came with these wheels:
    [​IMG]

--
    Brian

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  15. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

awesome old school hondas guys!!!

16. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Hey Brian- if you run across a CRX cable clutch 5spd let me know. I'm in the market...

17. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I have a spare, sent you a PM

18. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

its a honda mini!

19. crash#2

crash#2 Member

i laughed really hard at that comment until i remember how balls out fast my old briggs go-cart was (it was later upgraded for an oddessy with a CR500 motor)

20. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very clean! I am also a big honda fan

21. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

What year?! I had an '85!!!!! I kept the 400cc on it, but I can only imagine how fast yours was. Those things are AWESOME!!!! Don't you wish you still had it? They could go anywhere. I'm still looking for a Pilot in good condition.

I never jumped mine more than 3-4 feet, but a friend of mine who had never driven it (and had no idea how fast it was) panicked, forgetting where the brake was, and hit a HUGE motoX kicker going about 25ish. He caught about 5 full seconds of hang time and launched a good 10' into the air. I almost pissed my pants I was laughing so hard...

Good times...