not enough loaner cars at SoG?!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by thebigph, Mar 19, 2007.

1. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

so i just got home from SoG after ahving been there for 2 hours waiting for them to tell me they don't have starters in stock (mine is broken) and they also don't have loaner cars available for me which i certainly could have used b/c the starter won't be in until wednesday. in the meantime i have to work and go to school. i don't know if they still don't know who i am or if the amount of money i've spent there isn't enough for me to be considered a "valued" customer. i understand that they were out of loaner cars but am i completely mistaken in thinking that they should be trying their absolute best to keep me as a customer. i could go on and on until i wasn't making any sense but i'll save everyone the trouble. i am out of line thinking i shold be compensated in some way or another?

2. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I feel your pain bro I've waited there for 4 and a half hours before. I think the loaner car is a myth..

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

As far as I know, they do give out loaner car's. Perhaps it's just a fluke? Maybe you could call and work some sort of discount on the work they are doing to your car.

4. RADON

RADON Member

I was able to drive a base Forrester as a loaner once. Yippee!

5. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah, SOG is cool as fawk when it comes to aftermarket but they take thier sweet time about service. What should take 30 minutes will always take at least 2 hours and they don't regularly have loaner vehicles for the customers.

Also that stupid desk thing in the waiting room is, and probably always will be, 100%, completely, utterly, totally and fully useless to anyone for anything.

Would it be that hard for SOG to install a Wi-Fi hub for thier salesmen and the customors to use while they wait?... Absolutely not! But of course they won't do it. I mean NASCAR events have Wi-Fi hubs out the yin-yang but SOG is too stuck in the past to do it. How do you like them apples bishes? :fawk:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

lol, cause some asshole keeps wrecking them

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

They have a wifi hub. As they were "out of loaners" today, I waited for several hours and used the hub most of the time...

8. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I've gotten the same Outback 3 times!

Also, I call ahead and make sure they have one if I can

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Is this warranty work?

10. RADON

RADON Member

Both times I received a loaner it was warranty work.

11. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Did they give you a passphrase?

I was at SoG for an oil change and I couldn't connect, but I never asked for a passphrase from anyone at the dealership.

FYI:

Troncolli Subaru does have wireless access as a courtesy which came in handy when I was getting my oil changed there while I was on-call for server support.

12. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Ah well, it's about time. I know they haven't very long. You gotta admit my NASCAR crack was pretty thought provoking though.

13. AlmostFast

AlmostFast New Member

My question would be since this is warranty work and they will not have the part for days, a rental reimbursement might be in sight. At least worth a shop at worst.

14. thebigph

if starters aare under warranty but i don't think they are...even so jill said if they did have one i could have used it but how am i supposed to know if they have them or not. i think it's funny how they mention offering me one for changing a starter but when i am having a tranny replaced they don't say anything about me using a loaner...whatever...i'm more used to not having my car than having it

15. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

We've had free, open wifi for the last few months. If you found the one that asked for a passcode, that was the wrong one...

Loaners are provided by SOA for warranty work only...

We really are out of loaners. They are riding me right now for letting EMSTrauma have one for so long. We have EIGHT loaners, and they really are all out. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it's certainly nothing personal.

SS

16. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I wish they would fix their insurance so someone less than 21 can drive their cars. Would sort of suck if I ever needed one.

17. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I think this is an SOA thing...

SS

18. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

They have actually broke this rule before. After waiting 5 hours for them to replace a strut under warranty, they overtightened one of the strut mount bolts and sheared it off. I was pissed after being there that long and had somewhere to be, plus they still had to fix it, so they gave me a loaner (automatic 2.5rs)

19. WJM

WJM Banned

Ok guys here's the REAL deal on the WIRELESS and the LOANER cars.

1. Wireless access:

We have a Wi-Fi hub, and it works when its plugged in. Sometimes some idiot accidentally unplugs it. It is UNSECURED. If you are trying to connect to the secured one, DO NOT. It is the one for the Select Monitor 3 ONLY. It is VERY secure, you will not get in.

2. SOG has SEVEN (7) loaner vehicles. The 8th one is ONLY for an emergency and for a VERY short time (less than 2 days). MOST of the time, they are ALL out. They are NOT just for warranty work. They are for anything we see fit for(30k/60k/90k/timing belt/warranty/clutch/engine/etc). However, the INSURANCE policy for use does NOT cover them for being out of state, or being driven by anyone UNDER the age of 25. It IS an SOA program to assist dealerships in building a good standing customer base.

IF there was a loaner avalible, Phil would have been given one. Period. But since they were all loaned out...our hands are tied.

I apologize on behalf of SOG Service that you felt that you were not treated top notch, but sometimes it happens....I can assure you that if *I* had gotten the car you would not have been waiting as long as you did....and it could have been possible you would have your car right now as I have a few starters myself.

20. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I wonder how secure.

21. thebigph

will i figured as much and i when jill went back to get someone to look at at the thought crossed my mind to ask her to have you look at it. no offense to whoever did look at it but i just assumed all the service was equally as good. my mistake. will is top notch and the other techs should aspire to be like him. scott is great too :wiggle: as for the loaner cars i am not that irritated about it i just ahd a bad day at work and needed to vent and that was what was on my mind at the time...i'm cool with SoG and will continue to keep going there

22. WJM

WJM Banned

Extremely.

23. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Hacker.

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

i just got off the phone with SOG (steve in service IIRC). he said they are out of loaners but they will give me a courtesy ride to Hertz down the street where they will give SOG customers a discounted rate. I'll be dropping my car off tomorrow for tranny work, so who knows how long they'll have it. If insurance gives me the full amount for replacement then i will be looking for an STi tranny or PPG gearset

25. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I never need one when I am there. Switch on the Wireless card, Chose their Wifi connection, done!

26. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I had a SOG loaner for 45 days once!

27. thebigph

^^holy shit

28. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

hehe, i had one for between 3-4 weeks once, and i only drove it two days of that. the rest of the time it was in the body shop.

29. day 7 I think. It rides better then my wrx. I'm kinda liking it, but the bad part the wife now wants an outback instead even thought IM still trying to get her to look at the legacy gt wagon