I think I hurt my elbow.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Mar 22, 2007.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

So pretty much the only sports are bowling, tennis and golf. So a couple of months ago i was playing tennis and i felt a little twinge in my elbow while serving. Well I didn't think too much about it and it hadn't hurt for a while. So 2 days ago i started to do some pushups to try and get in a little better shape and my right elbow just kept popping but it didn't hurt.

Last night I was bowling and in my 3rd game and i felt the twinge in my elbow again. I finished the game without anymore troubles. But then later that night i was stretching my arms and when i completely straightened my right arm (like locking my elbows) i felt this pain in my right elbow. And this morning when i woke up it hurts even worse when i straighten out my arm.

So anyone think they might know what this is? Hopefully its not tendinitis or something :eek:hnoes: And what kind of doctor should i go to for this kind of stuff?

I need my arm to be better before next wednesday because i have to bowl in a league every wednesday :/

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Most likely bursitis from the way you describe it. Does it only happen after an activity? http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic74.htm

Didn't even know you had bursa sacs did you? Anyways, check out the article, and as always, I am not a doctor, though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express along time ago...

3. jayj713

jayj713 Member

It's not just after an activity, its whenever i straighten out my right arm :/

4. cannarella

cannarella Member

Same thing happened to my wife after bowling also. Doctor treated for inflammation with medication. Basically prescription strength Aleve. She also iced it at night when she went to bed. After about 4-6 weeks she was back to normal. She just doesn't bowl now.

5. You can't tell JJ not to bowl. Thats crazy talk. Hahaha. JJ, just go to a doctor and ask him. Atleast ice it.

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Probably a tumor.

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Id check out the Emory sports clinic. I just left their orthopedic clinc (went for new x-rays and MRI on my foot) today actually, and for the first time in a while, had a good experience with a doctor. The goal is to find one who isnt complacent or entirely influenced by insurance providers :eek:

For right now, I would say take some anti-inflamtory, apply ice and find a nifty brace or use an ace bandage to compress the joint. Trust me, I am an expert at this now :)

8. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Just chop your arm off at the elbow....gotta drain all the bad blood in that area

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have a similar pain in my left elbow and its been there for a while... doc said it's probably tendonitis :(

10. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Yea, I definately dont want to quit bowling :/.

I'm gonna go to a doctor this weekend and see what's up

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Too much time in the Eye Candy forum? :naughty:

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

other arm :sx:

13. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Oh, my elbow doesnt hurt anymore :/

hopefully it won't start hurting again next week when i go bowling. If it does then it's probably what Belvn said.

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

:rofl: