Pollen is killing me!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Weapon, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Todays pollen count is 5499 per square inch. the roads at the apartment community I work at are yellow!

2. jayj713

jayj713 Member

it's killing me and my car!

Im surprised there wasn't a tree growing out of my car or something.

3. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

Yeah I have been outside for less then an hour and feel disgusting. Work sux

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i feel like i could cough up a tennis ball

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Horrible. I was fine when I woke up, but sitting here at work now I can feel the pollen doing it's magic. Grrrr. And my car is now YGM...that's yellow gray metallic. Blah.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

We were at a park yesterday morning and when a mild breeze blew through, a yellow cloud descended from the trees!

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

clariton D BABY

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

i'm amazed that i haven't gotten sick yet. i guess cuz i work inside mostly. but i'm sure its coming soon enough. I usually get bad allergies that progress into an upper respiratory infection, and this has happened for the last 6 years in a row. so its just a waiting game now.

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

A lot of people aren't as affected by the highly visible (pine?) pollen, but get murdered by the stuff that shows up soon thereafter; I think it's grass or something.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

damn tree sperm.

11. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

yeah mine is like that now. and i just washed it too yesterday.
    wax does help getting it off when you drive off. i usually have the cali duster in my trunk so i can wipe it before rollin down the streets.

12. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I have been crying ALL day, Eyes poofy....crap sux!

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

this is my first spring here, and dayum...i've never seen anything as crazy as this crap. how long does this last for?

14. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

So far my highest official consecutive chain-sneeze count for this pollen season is seven (while on double Allegra too).

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

The California Duster is a must have! +1

16. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

+2 for the CA duster.

17. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

lol all you people with allergies i feel really bad for but at the same time i feel really good that i can breathe on my own

18. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

Something you guys might try is eating local honey daily. My dad swears by it as a simple cure. Think of it acting as a form of anti-venom. You don't have to eat a lot, just put some on toast or in your tea. But remembe that the key is LOCAL honey.

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Shane....it should last through May...

20. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i dont have allergies to it but its so think it feels like i have sand in my eyes

21. Alex

Im pretty sure whats out now is Oak. The bigger stuff, as Moose said, doesnt really do anything other than clutter up your shit with yellow nastyness.

Its the smaller spores that get in deep and cause all the problems.

22. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

so where can you find local honey, im tired of this bullshit and i eat honey anyway

23. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I've heard the same thing about that honey thing. My mom just puts a teaspoon in hot water or something.

Last night she said she ate 4 cloves of garlic and it fixed everything too! LOL

24. Demo24

Demo24 Member

never seen it this bad before. Lasts for awhile though

Not bother me at all interestingly. Although the parking lot was yellow when I pulled in this morning:eek3:

Sadly my car was sheltered all weekend so it was nice and clean(cleanest in the parking lot). Of course today changed that and it's slowly changing color.

25. Dacula Dean

Dacula Dean Member

Some Chinese red peppers will work, too. May be time for Thai curry, eh Moose?

Pray for rain.

26. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

+1 for sandy eyes....blows....just washed my car....had a yellow film on it instantly

27. Alex

It needs to rain, but before I wash the car.

28. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Ah-Choo, AH-Choo, ..Ah-AH-AH-CHOO

29. flip

flip Member

Yah i am fuctorzord.