City of Heroes/Villains

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Weapon, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

anyone play city of heroes or city of villains here? if so what is your global handle and what server do you play on. My global is @Eye Catcher and I mostly play on Liberty

www.coh.com
    www.cityofvillains.com

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

i used to play.......quit cause it got boring

3. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

i played when it first came out for about 6 months.
    when World of Warcraft was released, i dropped CoH.

4. Weapon

im still playing :) anyone pick it up recently or have an account.

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am so tempted to. I just got a new graphics card, and would love to really try it out. The only thing I have tried that required the new card so far is the Command and Conquer 3 Demo.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

If you do decide to play let me know. Kris and his Dad were too high level for me to group with consistently. If you buy the game, I will reactivate my account...

7. Weapon

i have several alts at different levels and i have no problem starting a new hero/villain to roll with you..i have been playing this game for almost 3 years on and off.
    Jason if you get it make sure to buy the good vs evil edition. it has both city of heroes and city of villains. I saw it at walmart for $30

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  8. Weapon

Issue 9 should be out shortly in which they will have the inventions system in place which is like the "crafting" aspect of WoW.

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I used to play back when it came out originally but dont have time to anymore.

10. Weapon

[​IMG]
    cool picture i found of some of the giant monsters and arch villains you fight along the way. for size comparison a standard sized hero is all the way to the left

11. BelvnAWD

I'll probably be loggin in tonight for a few minutes...

12. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Man, those guys were moving so fast I kept getting lost.

13. BelvnAWD

You log in with Kris last night?

14. Weapon

yea we played for a couple of hours..i was waiting for you to call me or send me a tell but it never happened. Jason do you play in first person or 3rd person? I guess I am just used to having speed boost on all the time so I am used to everything being "fast".

15. BelvnAWD

By the time I got the game reinstalled and the updated dl'd, it was getting late. I really just logged on and ran/flew around for about 10 minutes and then logged off. What server were you guys on. Did you create a new Toon, Kris, or just SK Jason?

16. Weapon

i had a new toon but ended up switching and sk'ing jason to give him a quick power level. got him from 4 to 8 last night

17. BelvnAWD

So when are you going to log on again?

18. Weapon

as soon as I get home :) probably be on tonight at around 8-9pm and play pretty late since its friday. I play on the Liberty server. you still playing that silver shot guy?

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

'CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!'?!?!?!?!
    :rofl:

20. BelvnAWD

Yeah, he is still around. I also have a villain on Liberty. I will most likely log in tonight for awhile. Maybe 9-10ish, I'll hit your cell...

21. Weapon

:cool: thats me all the way

sounds good..i might have to make it a drunken hero night :beer: ..this week has been rough! maybe Jason will join in on the fun again. Hopefully he wasnt overwhelmed lastnight :eek:hnoes:

22. BelvnAWD

Leroy Jenkins?

23. Weapon

haha no..i just couldnt get into Wow :dunno its funny because CoH is a much simpler game but i enjoy it so much more than WoW.

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will probably log in tonight. I tried a little 1st person, and a little 3rd person. Not sure which was better. Is there PvP, I saw when I click your characters, it said it was disabled.

I think the only time I really liked WOW was when doing PvP. I know my character is way to weak for it now, but would be nice to have that to look forward to later in the game.

I was a bit overwhelmed last night, but it was really my first day playing, so that is to be expected.

25. Weapon

yes there is pvp. right now there are 4 pvp zones. The first pvp zone becomes available around level 18 i think. if you want to create an awesome pvp toon try an ice/energy blaster or an energy/energy blaster. both of those do really well in both pvp and pve. sorry if it seemed "crazy" in that last mish. you will get the hang of it in a few days.

26. BelvnAWD

I didn't realize they were going to implement some type of crafting into the game, that will be cool. For me, the main reason I keep letting my account expire is that I get really tired of level grinding. Having another way to play might help keep me more involved. Silver Shot is a LVL 8 toon, so that should work well with Jason's toon...

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Maybe I will do that tonight. I hate how long it takes me to pull my gun out and shoot. Tonight may be new character night.

28. Weapon

yea thats why i deleted my assault rifle. I had an Ellen Ripley from aliens themed toon..the animation is just very long. it doe awesome damage in the late game though..i wouldnt delete that toon though..just incase you want to pick it up again..you have plenty of room on the server still

29. calmnothing

I was going to re-activate this.....but i lost my password, my serial key, and my password hint. bleh

30. Weapon

do you still have the same email address? Do you know your log in name? You could always call NCSoft and they can reactivate over the phone

31. calmnothing

Yeah I just called and they still needed my serial key. I have no idea where it is.

32. Weapon

306 badges woohoo..I have the most badges in our SG now! Hoping to get 2-3 more tonight. I need to find somewhere or someone that has a missions with a bunch of Toxic Tarantulas.

33. calmnothing

what are badges for?

34. Weapon

mostly for bragging rights..but a lot of them when combined give you accolades which in turn gives you a power, a buff or a boost in health and/or endurance.

35. calmnothing

OoOo nice....I finally retrieved my password and am downloading it now....should be online soon

btw Compusa is going out of business...and have the COH/COV timecards for 15% off....so it comes to 13 bucks a month. Not much but it's something

36. Weapon

nice..i pay quarterly so I think its the same price..most of my toons are on the Liberty server. try to join there :)

37. calmnothing

I've got a couple characters already. I think they're on liberty as well. Won't remember till I log in. What's a good solo and group build? I've got a spines/regen scrapper and played way back when regen was /godmode

38. Weapon

well if you have to download Issue 8 it will be a few hours :( that update is like 2-3 gigs

39. calmnothing

Yeah it's still 2 hours till finish at 250k. I'll be on after the pappadeaux meet tho.

40. BelvnAWD

Look me up when you log on my global is @hgh...

41. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Dorks.

42. calmnothing

I'm calmnothing

43. Weapon

will look for you tonight man..My global is @eyecatcher
    any scrapper build is good for solo or grouping. regen got nerfed pretty hard a few issues ago but it is still the easiest to solo with. anything/regen is a good starter toon. I have a broadsword/regen that is a fun toon to play. Mostly been playing my 50 lately and badgehunting. Up to 314 now

44. calmnothing

Bleh my main comp is out for atleast a week till evga sends me my new card. Gfx card got zapped during that crazy storm last week.

45. Weapon

eek...that stinks

46. Weapon

if anyone is interested in a copy of the game coh gave me a buddy code which includes a free copy of the game and 10 days of free play. If you are interested pm me

47. calmnothing

Ding hit lvl 13 with my new katana/regen scrapper

48. Weapon

nice..1 more level and you get a travel power!

49. calmnothing

travel power?

50. BelvnAWD

Yeah, depending on the power pool set that you have taken, you will get super leaping, flying or super speed...